Steel is better?

SCDETAILER said:
I also noticed that Orbea has a steel bike now with carbon seat stays. I do not know if you can get it in custom geometry, but I think that may be an option. It is the same tubing, and it is called the spirit. You can also get it without carbon.

Bruce
Yes, I've been looking at that one too. It's a better price @ $1399. w. CF stays than the CDA @ $1599. The Spirit with steel stays is only $999. You can get custom geom for +$100. with the Spirit. The CDA can also be had with or w/o CF stays, but I don't know if the $1599. is the all-steel or CF version.

So, if the Orbea's stock geom is right for you, you can save at least $200. over the Serotta. It wouldn't be for me, so I'd have to pay the $100. for custom.

Then there's the paint scheme. The Orbea comes OEM with either black/white or blue/white, and I'm not sure if they want an upcharge for something different. Serotta does charge more for non-OEM paint.

I am not as much worried about the paint as I am about the geometry. That is good to know that they will do the custom geometry. I was told that they would do it on the alum. models, but not the carbon fiber. I did not even know that they had a steel bike.

Bruce