Steel versus carbon

Quote: Originally Posted by DM4 . I had to take a nap...where were we?

Oh IPAs. My favorite imported IPA is the Westmalle Tripel. I do like to spend money as close to home as possible so I typically get IPAs from Flying Fish Brewery and Philadelphia Brewing Company

I hope you've since put a tv in your 'listening' room :)

I have a 2nd gen steel Allez. If I spend 3k on a new bike I will have a 17lb bike with sram rival level components. If I put 3k into my steel allez I will have a 15.1lb bike and sram red with better wheels. Plus my steel bike will have way more character. Sooo Steel wins

Steel V Carbon, well there is no real comparisons there. Carbon Fibre is much lighter, Steel is very heavy. Simple as that.

ChrisRider said:
Steel V Carbon, well there is no real comparisons there. Carbon Fibre is much lighter, Steel is very heavy. Simple as that.
Nope. Even if that was true, that extra weight matters oh so very little.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

You forgot boobs.We could discuss the structural intregrity of carbon implants in boobs and how they look in a tight wool sweater. Turbo charged boobs,of course

I'm a big fan of boobs. But if we are talking about implants of any sort I'd rather go with Kate Hudson. Somebody had to get this thread back on track /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ChrisRider .

Apparently this little girl didn't get the memo...

lifted_bike.jpg

Rodriquez Outlaw. Steel. 14.07 lbs as equipped.

danfoz said:
I'm a big fan of boobs. But if we are talking about implants of any sort I'd rather go with Kate Hudson. Somebody had to get this thread back on track :D
Real boobs are real.