General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Strangest Midnight Snack

Started by Dog3 · · Last activity · 33 posts · 1,029 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 May 2004
Last activity
27 May 2004
Original author
Dog3
Posts
33
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,029
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–33 of 33
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Nancy Young <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:


    sf <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yoou're absolutely right, Michael.... why on earth
    would he use CHERRY flavored craisins, fer cryin out
    loud?

    I was 1/2 asleep and it was all I could grab quickly. It
    really wasn't... that... bad

    Yeah, but craisins are short for cranberry raisins, no? Do
    you mean dried cherries? Or do craisins now come in
    flavors? Just curious.

    nancy

    Would have been better with anchovies...

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:


    sf <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yoou're absolutely right, Michael.... why on earth
    would he use CHERRY flavored craisins, fer cryin out
    loud?

    I was 1/2 asleep and it was all I could grab quickly. It
    really wasn't... that... bad

    Yeah, but craisins are short for cranberry raisins, no? Do
    you mean dried cherries? Or do craisins now come in
    flavors? Just curious.

    nancy


    Craisins are dried cranberries. And yes, they now come
    in flavors.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  3. Nancy Young <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:


    sf <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yoou're absolutely right, Michael.... why on earth
    would he use CHERRY flavored craisins, fer cryin out
    loud?

    I was 1/2 asleep and it was all I could grab quickly. It
    really wasn't... that... bad

    Yeah, but craisins are short for cranberry raisins, no? Do
    you mean dried cherries? Or do craisins now come in
    flavors? Just curious.

    nancy

    Yes, Craisins (it's Ocean Spray's trademark) can be had in
    cherry and orange flavors. Cherry Craisins are somewhat less
    expensive than real dried cherries; they're OK in snack
    foods, though I wouldn't substitute them in cooking.

    --
    Chris Green

  4. Nancy Young <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:


    sf <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yoou're absolutely right, Michael.... why on earth
    would he use CHERRY flavored craisins, fer cryin out
    loud?

    I was 1/2 asleep and it was all I could grab quickly. It
    really wasn't... that... bad

    Yeah, but craisins are short for cranberry raisins, no? Do
    you mean dried cherries? Or do craisins now come in
    flavors? Just curious.

    nancy

    They come in flavors now. There is original, cherry and
    orange, at least in the stores here. They're dried
    cranberries processed like raisins. I like 'em.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  5. On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:56:25 GMT, hahabogus <[email hidden]>
    arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Would have been better with anchovies...

    Okay, I confess: I have eaten anchovies on *saltines*,
    although I'll deny I ever said it.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
    been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
    good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "spaminator" with "cox"

  6. Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    You had me until the jam. I don't think I've ever tried
    lingonberry jam.

    Great stuff! Sorta like strawberry, but not as sweet. I love
    it on toast with butter.

  7. ScratchMonkey <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    You had me until the jam. I don't think I've ever tried
    lingonberry jam.

    Great stuff! Sorta like strawberry, but not as sweet. I
    love it on toast with butter.

    I'm going to try some if I can find it locally.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  8. ScratchMonkey <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    You had me until the jam. I don't think I've ever tried
    lingonberry jam.

    Great stuff! Sorta like strawberry, but not as sweet. I
    love it on toast with butter.

    Excellent over some brie in puff pastry or a nice goat
    cheese. Cloudberry is nice too. Ikea sells the lingonberry
    and might also sell the cloudberry.

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.
    --------
    FIELDS, W. C.

  9. ScratchMonkey said:

    Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    You had me until the jam. I don't think I've ever tried
    lingonberry jam.

    Great stuff! Sorta like strawberry, but not as sweet. I
    love it on toast with butter.

    It's been a while for me, but I remember a little tang to
    it... more like cranberry or currant.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  10. sf <[email hidden]> wrote in news:7l5oa0hvipf2ljcvk3cdpoe8nh71k38b3u@
    4ax.com:

    Quoted message said:

    It's been a while for me, but I remember a little tang to
    it... more like cranberry or currant.

    There's a little sourness, but it's not overbearing.
    Cranberry's pretty [censored] in comparison. Lingonberry is
    subtle.

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,
    dognospam@adjfkdla says...

    Quoted message said:

    ScratchMonkey <[email hidden]>
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    You had me until the jam. I don't think I've ever tried
    lingonberry jam.

    Great stuff! Sorta like strawberry, but not as sweet. I
    love it on toast with butter.

    I'm going to try some if I can find it locally.

    Michael


    Don't know if you have a Cost Plus nearby (are they just in
    California?) but they carry it.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  12. Donna Rose wrote:

    ...

    Quoted message said:

    Don't know if you have a Cost Plus nearby (are they just
    in California?) but they carry it.

    They're in 26 states.

    costplus.comfindstorelocation

    --
    "Thank you, come again. Smithers, release the hounds."

    -- Montgomery Burns

  13. Donna Rose <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Don't know if you have a Cost Plus nearby (are they just
    in California?) but they carry it.

    Yep, great stores. I think they even have a couple of brands
    of lingonberry jam. The Ikea in Emeryville has it in the
    snack shop near the exit. You can get it in Oakland here:
    nordichouse.comnordichouse.com And of course there's Solvang down
    the coast: solvangca.comsolvangca.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.