Stress and hormones

Raptor

Guest
If you told me that by getting myself psyched up to do an extremely
difficult, maybe even impossible, physical feat, and then going out and
actually doing it, it could change my hormone levels (including
testosterone), I'd believe you.

But I'm no endocrinologist.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

"Raptor" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> If you told me that by getting myself psyched up to do an extremely
> difficult, maybe even impossible, physical feat, and then going out and
> actually doing it, it could change my hormone levels (including
> testosterone), I'd believe you.
>
> But I'm no endocrinologist.
>
> --
> Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
> I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
> trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
> the most insidious of traitors."
> George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

There was a show on BBC that showed guys racing go carts. They measured
testosterone levels during the race. The levels varied greatly in a driver
depending on the position they had. The same driver who had "normal"
testosterone levels when in the pack, had elevated levels when he was in the
lead.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Raptor" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>> If you told me that by getting myself psyched up to do an extremely
>> difficult, maybe even impossible, physical feat, and then going out
>> and actually doing it, it could change my hormone levels (including
>> testosterone), I'd believe you.
>>
>> But I'm no endocrinologist.

> There was a show on BBC that showed guys racing go carts. They
> measured testosterone levels during the race. The levels varied
> greatly in a driver depending on the position they had. The same
> driver who had "normal" testosterone levels when in the pack, had
> elevated levels when he was in the lead.

Well then, since Floyd was in the lead for most of the day that may
explain it -- he just kept elevating.

This article has a doctor from WADA chiming in that Floyd's test results
"don't add up"; I suppose after he made these statements **** Pounder
probably sent him a memo that such statements are inconsistent with the
witch hunt mentality he has been trying to build there.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/othersports/2003157638_tourside28.h
tml

actually, it is documented that male competitors get an approximately
10% increase after an important victory

loser's testosterone drop an average 17%

there is also observed pre-competition anticipatory increases in hormone
levels. these effects are different in men and women and whether the
athlete is high power (seeks to dominate the other competitors)

so, to some extent it is true

see: http://www.umich.edu/news/index.html?Releases/2004/Sep04/r092404a