Sunday afternoon

ian henden

Guest
A pleasant ride out with erindoors.... up to Wickham through Funtley and
Knowle.... down Titchfield Lane to the Fishermans Rest, two large glasses of
wine for the lady to accompany her lunch, a couple of pints accompanying
mine... back up Fishers Hill (she walked and pushed) to home some two and
a half miles...

---
IanH

"ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote:
| A pleasant ride out with erindoors.... up to Wickham through Funtley and
| Knowle.... down Titchfield Lane to the Fishermans Rest, two large glasses of
| wine for the lady to accompany her lunch, a couple of pints accompanying
| mine... back up Fishers Hill (she walked and pushed) to home some two and
| a half miles...

Has it... taken three... days for... you to... recover?

Geraint Jones wrote:

> Has it... taken three... days for... you to... recover?

No but its taken that long to hammer the bike that fell off his roofrack
on the M27 back into shape ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

"Geraint Jones" <[email protected]>
> "ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote:
> | A pleasant ride out with erindoors.... up to Wickham through Funtley
> and
> | Knowle.... down Titchfield Lane to the Fishermans Rest, two large
> glasses of
> | wine for the lady to accompany her lunch, a couple of pints
> accompanying
> | mine... back up Fishers Hill (she walked and pushed) to home some two
> and
> | a half miles...
>
> Has it... taken three... days for... you to... recover?

Yup.

"ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Geraint Jones" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> "ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> | A pleasant ride out with erindoors.... up to Wickham through Funtley
>> and
>> | Knowle.... down Titchfield Lane to the Fishermans Rest, two large
>> glasses of
>> | wine for the lady to accompany her lunch, a couple of pints
>> accompanying
>> | mine... back up Fishers Hill (she walked and pushed) to home some
>> two and
>> | a half miles...
>>
>> Has it... taken three... days for... you to... recover?

> Yup.

In fact, two days later, I've recovered a bit more now. Might do it again
next Sunday :eek:)

ian henden wrote:

> "ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Geraint Jones" <[email protected]>
>> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>> and
>>> glasses of
>>> accompanying
>>> two and
>>>
>>> Has it... taken three... days for... you to... recover?

>> Yup.

> In fact, two days later, I've recovered a bit more now. Might do it again
> next Sunday :eek:)

You're clearly not trying hard enough. Perhaps going out with the
Southampton CTC this Sunday would be in order? Meets at 9am near the
Chilworth roundabout, just north of the garage. An easy ride up to Wylye
(wherever that is) with tea in Salisbury. Can you afford not to be there?
--
Chris

When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed in my absence and sentenced
to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.
-- Brendan Behan

"Chris Slade" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ian henden wrote:
>

>> "ian henden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Yup.

>> In fact, two days later, I've recovered a bit more now. Might do it again
>> next Sunday :eek:)

> You're clearly not trying hard enough. Perhaps going out with the
> Southampton CTC this Sunday would be in order? Meets at 9am near the
> Chilworth roundabout, just north of the garage. An easy ride up to Wylye
> (wherever that is) with tea in Salisbury. Can you afford not to be there?

Thanks (genuinely) for the invitation, will be on rail replacement work
today (setting off to work in a few minutes, doing a bit of posting at 5 in
the morning before I go!!!).

..... not to mention that getting TO Chilworth (and back again afterwards!0
is probably about my limit!!!!

===
Ian

> When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed in my absence and
> sentenced
> to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.
> -- Brendan Behan

Luckily the firing squad missed......