sunglasses for downhills

Pat Fleming

Guest
Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face with some type of cushion. My
eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

"Pat Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face
with
> some type of cushion. My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

Well, go 50! Mark Lee
P.S. Actually you need some airflow or the sunnies fog big-time!

>From: "Pat Fleming" [email protected]

>Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face with some type of cushion.
>My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

They don't fit flush, but I have had good luck with the old style gargoyles on both bicycle and
motorcycle. As a bonus they are pretty indestructible as long as you dont drop 'em on the car seat
after a race, then sit on them. Bill C

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C30EE8.95447900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I've found two brands/models that may help. Consider that you do = need some ventilation to
prevent fogging, although this can be minimized = by using some anti-fog solution on the lenses.

The Rudy Project Exynox(sp?) is quite good with full coverage. = Closer fitting is the Smith
Mainline which, in my experience, don't fog = even though they fit closer.

Brian-Accept No Substitutes- Lafferty Dear, you cannot drink gin and tonic in the middle of the
night.=20 You must have whisky to give you energy. --Margaret Thatcher

"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "Pat Fleming" [email protected]=20
>=20
> >Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your =
face with
> >some type of cushion. My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at =
40MPH.

> They don't fit flush, but I have had good luck with the old style =
gargoyles on
> both bicycle and motorcycle. As a bonus they are pretty indestructible =
as long
> as you dont drop 'em on the car seat after a race, then sit on them. Bill C

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C30EE8.95447900 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2> I've found two brands/models that = may=20 help.
Consider that you do need some ventilation to prevent = fogging,=20 although this can be
minimized by using some anti-fog solution on the=20 lenses.</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT size=3D2> The Rudy Project Exynox(sp?) is = quite good=20 with full
coverage. Closer fitting is the Smith Mainline = which, in my=20 experience, don't
fog even though they fit closer.</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT size=3D2>Brian-Accept No Substitutes- Lafferty</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT size=3D2>Dear, you cannot drink gin and tonic in the middle = of the=20 night. <BR>You
must have whisky to give you energy.<BR>--Margaret=20 Thatcher</FONT></DIV>
<DX><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXI><FONT size=3D2>"TritonRider" <</FONT><A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT=20
size=3D2>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>> wrote in = message=20 </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:[email protected]"><FONT=20
size=3D2>news:[email protected]</FONT></A><FON= T=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2>> >From: "Pat Fleming" = </FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT=20 size=3D2>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT
size=3D2> <BR>> <BR>> = >Does=20 anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush
with your face = with<BR>>=20 >some type of cushion. My eyes tear every time I go
down a hill = at=20 40MPH.<BR>> ><BR>> They don't fit flush, but I have had =
good luck=20 with the old style gargoyles on<BR>> both bicycle and motorcycle. As = a
bonus=20 they are pretty indestructible as long<BR>> as you dont drop 'em on = the car=20
seat after a race, then sit on them.<BR>> Bill C<BR>>=20 </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C30EE8.95447900--

I had lasic surgury and have been searching for sunglasses that protect from wind ever since (my
left eye gets foggy after about 30 minutes or so of fast riding).

So far I've tried some sort of Bole, Briko lucifer, Rudy Ekynox
w/performance shield and Wiley-x SG1. The only ones that work at all are the Wiley-x. They actually
have a "gasket" with some small holes for anti fogging that fits around your eye socket. They
block all wind. In fact, they're more like goggles than sunglasses. Their site is here:

http://www.wiley-x.com/ntseries.html

Good luck.

-Andy