Swift Boat Against Kerry

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Do you believe these hurt or help Kerry and do you think Bush is putting out the ads.
Both. Do you think that Kerry is behind MOVEON.ORG?

With his first Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 2 Dec 68 and his journal entry of 9 Dec 68 stating he had not seen any hostile fire, things look to be crumbling for the Senator. Then there is Cambodia. Hint to Kerry, "Apocaplyse Now" is fiction.

The President has not had any connection to these ads and did a wise thing to distance himself from that group to the point of calling for the ads to cease.

Barnes and Nobel are also staying out of harm's way by defusing the "Unfit for Command" book shortage. Now its publisher is agreeing, too few copies were shipped. Nothing like a shortage to influence demand ;) Remember the "Tickle Me Elmo" dolls?

Weisse Luft said:
With his first Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 2 Dec 68 and his journal entry of 9 Dec 68 stating he had not seen any hostile fire, things look to be crumbling for the Senator. Then there is Cambodia. Hint to Kerry, "Apocaplyse Now" is fiction.

The President has not had any connection to these ads and did a wise thing to distance himself from that group to the point of calling for the ads to cease.

Barnes and Nobel are also staying out of harm's way by defusing the "Unfit for Command" book shortage. Now its publisher is agreeing, too few copies were shipped. Nothing like a shortage to influence demand ;) Remember the "Tickle Me Elmo" dolls?
BOB DOLE SAYS..."Yesterday, Bob Dole joined Republican critics who claim that Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry doesn't deserve the Purple Hearts he won in Vietnam. Dole said, "three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds" Thats what Bob dole says...

Senator Kerry could squash all of this just by releasing his medical records. What has he to lose? He could redact all confidential information, leaving the pertinent facts.

But he doesn't. Instead the campaign would rather smear 200+ veterans than present the facts.

Weisse Luft said:
Senator Kerry could squash all of this just by releasing his medical records. What has he to lose? He could redact all confidential information, leaving the pertinent facts.

But he doesn't. Instead the campaign would rather smear 200+ veterans than present the facts.
True so very true. He is displaying the same mentality that he displayed 30 + years ago.

Time to prune the voter rolls. Why?

Some Voters Can Be Two Places At Once?
An investigation by the New York Daily News has found that 46,000 New Yorkers are simultaneously registered to vote in New York and Florida, a violation of both states' laws. The Daily News says 68 percent of the dual registrants are Democrats, only 12 percent are Republicans.

And as many as 1,000 have voted twice in at least one election, a federal offense. President Bush, you may recall, officially won Florida in 2000 by 537 votes.

But if the rolls are pruned, some interloping foreigners will scream "racist disenfranchment" or something like that. Funny how the nearest economic/political/atheletic? country is silent on this. I say ignore the foreigners until they can prove their "superiority" on all fields. Look at the current medal count in the olympics ;)

Weisse Luft said:

Instead the campaign would rather smear 200+ veterans than present the facts.

The facts have already been presented. Reputable news organizations (the New York Daily news NOT being one of them; I can't believe you even cited them as a source, how embarassing for you :eek: ) have competently discredited the Swifties claims had have shown that the swifties are either liars, contradicting themselves or were in not in a postion to know what went on in Kerry's service (they either didn't serve with him or were not on his boat). The men who served on Kerry's boat, including the man whose life he saved, are supporting him and corroborate his stories.

The ties between the Swifties and Bush have already been established in the media as well. Same group of people who ripped apart McCain in 2000. You remember McCain, the guy who spent years in a POW camp while Georgie was busy marinading his liver in a brine of vodka back in the states? Fellow Republican? Yeah, him.

Anyone who continues to believe that what the Swifties are saying are completely delusional.

Senator Kerry could squash all of this just by releasing his medical records.

Medical records are nobody's business but their own. Would you like people looking at your medical records?

Speaking of releasing records, how about Bush accounts for his years of "service" during the Vietnam war i.e. the months he spent partying with his buddies, passing out in bars, and generally being a frat boy while Kerry was off defending his country. Funny how so many of Georgie's National Guard documents have mysteriously disappeared. Although I suppose there weren't many documents to begin with since The War President never bothered to show up for his service requirements.

LT(jg)'s boat never hit a mine, until now....

When I was serving on a swiftboat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called
VC. We all took care of him, and he stayed with us and loved riding on the swiftboat
deck. I think he provided all of us with a link to home and a few moments of peace and
tranquility during a dangerous time. One day as our swiftboat was heading up a river, a
mine exploded hard under our boat. After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was
MIA. Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him.
We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog. It turns out
VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed confused, but unhurt, on the
deck of another boat in our patrol.

http://www.humaneusa.org/2004_presidential/question/jkerry_2004.pdf

Who are we to believe, LT(jg) Kerry, Senator Kerry (Cambodia during Christmas '68 and President Nixon) or Presidential Candidate Kerry?

Please note, I am NOT attacking LT(jg) Kerry's service, only his misrepresentation of his service and his actions AFTER he returned.

Saucy said:
The facts have already been presented. Reputable news organizations (the New York Daily news NOT being one of them; I can't believe you even cited them as a source, how embarassing for you :eek: ) have competently discredited the Swifties claims had have shown that the swifties are either liars, contradicting themselves or were in not in a postion to know what went on in Kerry's service (they either didn't serve with him or were not on his boat). The men who served on Kerry's boat, including the man whose life he saved, are supporting him and corroborate his stories.

The ties between the Swifties and Bush have already been established in the media as well. Same group of people who ripped apart McCain in 2000. You remember McCain, the guy who spent years in a POW camp while Georgie was busy marinading his liver in a brine of vodka back in the states? Fellow Republican? Yeah, him.

Anyone who continues to believe that what the Swifties are saying are completely delusional.

Medical records are nobody's business but their own. Would you like people looking at your medical records?

Speaking of releasing records, how about Bush accounts for his years of "service" during the Vietnam war i.e. the months he spent partying with his buddies, passing out in bars, and generally being a frat boy while Kerry was off defending his country. Funny how so many of Georgie's National Guard documents have mysteriously disappeared. Although I suppose there weren't many documents to begin with since The War President never bothered to show up for his service requirements.
Must have shown up for something. I don't think you can learn to fly an F-102 down at the local airport. There are some questions on both records to be answered for. Bush needs to make a full accounting of his service. Kerry needs to explain why he is now so proud of his war record and decorations, but when he returned from Vietnam he trashed them.

skwanch said:

That is the canard de jour for the Kerry campaign since the FACTS as presented by the 200+ SBV's cannot be debated. Shoot the messenger.

Kerry's 4 months of boat duty in Vietnam is the only positive. Contrast with 20 years of absenteeism in the Senate, serving as Lt. Gov. to Dukakis and protesting the war. Yes, I would embellish 4 months in Vietnam if I were in his case.

Weisse Luft said:
That is the canard de jour for the Kerry campaign since the FACTS as presented by the 200+ SBV's cannot be debated. Shoot the messenger.

. . . are you sure your nick isn't supposed to be 'Heisse Luft'?

skwanch said:
. . . are you sure your nick isn't supposed to be 'Heisse Luft'?

No, its where I ride. High elevation where the ground meets the sky. And these ad hominum questions only further the canard.

We now have Cambodia, the dog V.C. during the mine explosion(imagine a dog flying thorugh the air and LANDING on another boat...that other boat must have been CLOSE), a self-inflicted wound resulting in Purple Heart #1 a week before they received hostile fire.

Looks like he better tone down the "reporting for duty" schtick.

Weisse Luft said:
No, its where I ride. High elevation where the ground meets the sky. And these ad hominum questions only further the canard.

We now have Cambodia, the dog V.C. during the mine explosion(imagine a dog flying thorugh the air and LANDING on another boat...that other boat must have been CLOSE), a self-inflicted wound resulting in Purple Heart #1 a week before they received hostile fire.

Looks like he better tone down the "reporting for duty" schtick.

And we have no sign of stability in Iraq, al Sistani calling for a march on Najaf, no sign of WMD, a national debt that's headed thru the roof (and he still wants more tax cuts), long-standing alliances in tatters, no sign of OBL.

Looks like he better tone down the 'mission accomplished' schtick.