swimmers/triathletes

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by roadhouse, Jan 26, 2010.

1. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

i wear contact lenses and need some goggles to boot. suggestions? Big Rapp? I told you I'd have some questions for you...

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

"Swimmers" goggles are the same for people who do-and-don't wear contacts.

3. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

I was hoping that there would be some brand with possibly a little bit bigger of lens with superior suction that might be recomemended but than again I was hoping Big Jordan Rapp, winner of Ironman Arizona and guy who was looking forward to helping me figure all this Ironman stuff out as i go along, would pipe in.

thanks though Alfeng, I'll be hitting up the tri store sometime this week to get a better idea.

4. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

ya know, the more i try to log into ST the farther away i seem to be able to hold the natural good intent of the human race. i'm not perfect, so be it. I get defensive, so be it. i won't be talked down to for merely existing, so be it. But i expect not to have to shine shoes to be able to be myself along this journey which Slowtwitch reignes supreme in helping.

Dan Empfield, I've said i'm sorry and i can only imagine what it was like for you and your readers to read what i wrote when i was pissed. fine, i understand but please don't take from me my need to be around those in the only field of life that i respect, the Ironman.

5. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Ummm... you mistakenly posted that little diatribe in the wrong forum. This is cycling forums where we don't really give a damn about ST and the comings and goings therein. Please make a note of it.

6. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

here's my note; get bent, chump. :D you may not care because you are weak, only ride a bike and for what? me? it's just who i am. Ironman. I need to be with them cause let's face it, if the likes of youself are the only proof that is in the pudding when it comes to riding a bike, well, that's just not good enough.

my search doesn't begin or end with the weak.

7. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Dude, you really need to get back on your medication....

I do try to ignore all of his posts, but it's really annoying and it's hurting this forum. Something should be done about him.

8. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Then go sing it with your buddies at ST. Why are you apologizing/ranting to Dan Empfield here? Seems he's just as likely to hear you screaming it into your pillow at home.

9. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Meh.... he's harmless.

I just can't figure out how someone gets so misguided. :confused:

10. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Yea you're right. It was always kind of amusing to me how someone could actually function and live like that. :confused::D

11. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

12. gman0482

gman0482 Member

LOL, I know Cyber I'm sorry, it's just funny, how there's a huge lesson to be learned by him, when even ST is kicking him out, you'd think a light bulb would go off, no?

Ok I'm done, sorry, nice 'agetated' smiley btw. :D

13. cyberlegend1994

Naw, no need to apologize, think nothin' of it. Just trying to keep things civil so we don't have any Howard Stern impersonations.

There have been some nasty flame wars around these parts lately, although some of them can be amusing, they can also be annoying when one is in a position to have to actually monitor them, so I try to stop them before they start...

BTW - I stole that 'Not Amused' smiley from BF... :D

14. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

He perpetually seems to have difficulty reading. He was told to do his kvetching about other forums somewhere else but here.

15. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Boyfriend? Bonnie Franklin? Brendan Fraser?

16. cyberlegend1994

None of the above. Those are the initials for an over-moderated rival forum that will go nameless... :D

Now with that said, back to the OP's question...