SWITCHING 2 BMX PEDALS

David wrote:

>>>BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft, and won't fit your
>>>MTB crank.
>>
>>If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum.
>

> Whatever. Excuse me for not saying "Many BMX pedals..." Anyway if you purchase "BMX pedals" you
> could get ones that don't fit. If you buy "flats" or DH pedals" they're gonna work.

Every single (proper) bmx pedal comes in 9/16". Three piece cranks and
9/16" pedals are pretty much de facto in bmx. 1/2" is for kid's bikes, shitty bmxes and shitty
mountain bikes.

>>Posting false information is worse than posting none at all.
>

> My post was certainly dangerous, alerting him to a potential incompatibility. Thanks for
> protecting usenet from me.

I'm not protecting Usenet from you. I'm just pointing out that you're wrong.

Simon wrote:

> Agreed, I run bmx pedals. In fact was one of my first ever posts!
>
> Mind you I also run profile bmx cranks and have a bmx bottom bracket :eek:)

So have I! They're on my bmx...

Make sure you get a good pair of platforms with the replaceable pins.

MTB Ride hard die free.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> David wrote:
>
> >>DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
> >>clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
> >>shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
> >

> > BMX pedals are bad, since they have a different diameter threaded shaft, and won't fit your MTB
> > crank.
>
> If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum. Posting false information is worse than
> posting none at all.

But how would you know unless you actually posted it and was told it was false. Otherwise you would
not post and it could be true, but you thought it might be false so you didn't post and then you
wonder if it was true or false and............OMG, I've gone cross eyed.

R.White <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum. Posting false information is worse
> > than posting none at all.
>
> But how would you know unless you actually posted it and was told it was false.

You post it with the correct qualifiers.

> Otherwise you would not post and it could be true, but you thought it might be false so you didn't
> post and then you wonder if it was true or false and............OMG, I've gone cross eyed.

Left hand surfin' again are ye?

Shaun aRe ',;~}

> DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
> clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
> shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think? Sergei Popovsky Burbank

Two words: Brooklyn Shinburgers. Look 'em up. Very dangerous. /s

Sorni wrote:

>>DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
>>clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
>>shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
>

> I think you'll be hearing from The Moderator.

I'm just disturbed that there's such a clueless mtn biker in the 'hood. He must have been one of the
guys in that car that tried to run me over in Burbank on Thursday. They yelled something like
"clipless pedals SUCK!" as they drove by and threw a wadded up piece of gum at me. What utter
morons. BMX pedals are for 12 year olds.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> DEAR ALL @ ALT.MOUNTAIN-BIKE: I've decided to make the switch this year away from clipless (and
>>> clips) to these studded BMX pedals. Been seein' this more and more. Always hated those ugly-ass
>>> shoes, anyway. Whaddya you guys think?
>>

>> I think you'll be hearing from The Moderator.
>>

> I'm just disturbed that there's such a clueless mtn biker in the 'hood. He must have been one of
> the guys in that car that tried to run me over in Burbank on Thursday. They yelled something like
> "clipless pedals SUCK!" as they drove by and threw a wadded up piece of gum at me. What utter
> morons. BMX pedals are for 12 year olds.
>
> Greg

BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.

**** wrote in message ...
>G.T. wrote:
>> Sorni wrote:

>>> I think you'll be hearing from The Moderator.
>>>

>> I'm just disturbed that there's such a clueless mtn biker in the 'hood. He must have been one of
>> the guys in that car that tried to run me over in Burbank on Thursday. They yelled something like
>> "clipless pedals SUCK!" as they drove by and threw a wadded up piece of gum at me. What utter
>> morons. BMX pedals are for 12 year olds.
>>
>> Greg
>>

>BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.

Hallelujah! Amen to that.

spademan o---[)* <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> **** wrote in message ...
> >G.T. wrote:

> >> I'm just disturbed that there's such a clueless mtn biker in the 'hood. He must have been one
> >> of the guys in that car that tried to run me over in Burbank on Thursday. They yelled something
> >> like "clipless pedals SUCK!" as they drove by and threw a wadded up piece of gum at me.
What
> >> utter morons. BMX pedals are for 12 year olds.
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>

> >BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.
> >

> Hallelujah! Amen to that.

3rd-ed!

Shaun aRe

> spademan o---[)* wrote:
>
> >>BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.
> >>

> > Hallelujah! Amen to that.
>
> I can bunny hop perfectly well with flats, yet I use clipless for mountain biking. Where do
> I fit in?

You don't.

Shaun aRe - HTH.

bomba wrote:
> spademan o---[)* wrote:
>
>>> BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.
>>>

>> Hallelujah! Amen to that.
>

> I can bunny hop perfectly well with flats, yet I use clipless for mountain biking. Where do
> I fit in?

I'd say you havn't seen the light yet

spademan o---[)* wrote:
> **** wrote in message ...
>
>>G.T. wrote:

>>>I'm just disturbed that there's such a clueless mtn biker in the 'hood. He must have been one of
>>>the guys in that car that tried to run me over in Burbank on Thursday. They yelled something like
>>>"clipless pedals SUCK!" as they drove by and threw a wadded up piece of gum at me. What utter
>>>morons. BMX pedals are for 12 year olds.
>>>
>>>Greg
>>>

>>BMX pedals are for those who can bunny hop without cheating. Clipless are for off road roadies.
>>

> Hallelujah! Amen to that.

I could bunny hop when I was 12 riding flats, and I can still bunny hop with flats. Why should I
ride with a pedal designed for 12 year olds? Just so I can prove I can do something? Sorry, but I
don't need to use a pedal for 12 year olds to validate that I can ride properly.

Greg

G.T. wrote:

> I could bunny hop when I was 12 riding flats, and I can still bunny hop with flats. Why should I
> ride with a pedal designed for 12 year olds? Just so I can prove I can do something? Sorry, but I
> don't need to use a pedal for 12 year olds to validate that I can ride properly.
>
> Greg

A pedal for 12 year olds probably could be translated as being a lot more fun. I've noticed that
most of the riders on flats are out there having more fun. Clipless folks moreoften seem to be after
speed and heartrate.

**** wrote:

>> I could bunny hop when I was 12 riding flats, and I can still bunny hop with flats. Why should I
>> ride with a pedal designed for 12 year olds? Just so I can prove I can do something? Sorry, but I
>> don't need to use a pedal for 12 year olds to validate that I can ride properly.
>>

> A pedal for 12 year olds probably could be translated as being a lot more fun. I've noticed that
> most of the riders on flats are out there having more fun. Clipless folks moreoften seem to be
> after speed and heartrate.

Brilliant! Pray tell, when will you be writing your thesis on the positive correlation between flat
pedals and positive human emotion?

bomba wrote:
> **** wrote:
>
>>> I could bunny hop when I was 12 riding flats, and I can still bunny hop with flats. Why should I
>>> ride with a pedal designed for 12 year olds? Just so I can prove I can do something? Sorry, but
>>> I don't need to use a pedal for 12 year olds to validate that I can ride properly.
>>>

>> A pedal for 12 year olds probably could be translated as being a lot more fun. I've noticed that
>> most of the riders on flats are out there having more fun. Clipless folks moreoften seem to be
>> after speed and heartrate.
>

> Brilliant! Pray tell, when will you be writing your thesis on the positive correlation between
> flat pedals and positive human emotion?

"Emotional condition as it relates to cycling and lower extremity interface"

**** <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> bomba wrote:

> >> Hallelujah! Amen to that.
> >

> > I can bunny hop perfectly well with flats, yet I use clipless for mountain biking. Where do I
> > fit in?
> >
> I'd say you havn't seen the light yet

You are ****, aren't you?

JD

JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> **** <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > bomba wrote:

Clipless

> > > I can bunny hop perfectly well with flats, yet I use clipless for mountain biking. Where do I
> > > fit in?
> > >
> > I'd say you havn't seen the light yet
>
> You are ****, aren't you?

He might look like a **** from where you're standing, Jock - try getting out of that crouch and
backing away a little, and you'll be able to see the rest of him.

Shaun aRe