Tacx i-Magic creak/rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jed Kornbluh

After 1.5 month of daily training, i've noticed that my i-Magic has started to rock side to side at
the support contacts that hold the rear wheel. After tightening the supports (which I check everyfew
dayd anyway) I noticed that the problem persists. I'm a 5'11" 172lb rider fixed on a steel bike used
only for winter training.

Anyone else have this problem with theirs? Do I have to worry about the integrity of the welds in
the future (or is the future now?)?

Thanks,

-jed kornbluh

Are you saying it was rock steady from the beginning and then recently started rocking? I have a
brand new Tacx Swing trainer and it rocks the whole time unless I pedal smoothly. I just kinda
figured this was good feedback for when I had good roundpedaling. I believe the Swing and Imagic
stands are fairly identical.

The bike will rock back and forth when you're on the road and out of the saddle for instance. Why
wouldn't it do that in the trainer.

Don't tighten your supports to hard. That will only bend them outwards. Mine are tightened so
that they barely go all the way in and I have no tension whatsoever when twisting the locking
handle in place.

--
Replace the dots to reply

Perre

"Jed Kornbluh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> After 1.5 month of daily training, i've noticed that my i-Magic has
started
> to rock side to side at the support contacts that hold the rear wheel. After tightening the
> supports (which I check everyfew dayd anyway) I noticed
that
> the problem persists. I'm a 5'11" 172lb rider fixed on a steel bike used only for winter training.
>
> Anyone else have this problem with theirs? Do I have to worry about the integrity of the welds in
> the future (or is the future now?)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -jed kornbluh

I get creaking on my Tacx Basic Ergo unit as well. Nothing terrible, just a little bit of rocking.
The resistance unit is top notch and quiet. No worries.

"Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Are you saying it was rock steady from the beginning and then recently started rocking? I have a
> brand new Tacx Swing trainer and it rocks the whole time unless I pedal smoothly. I just kinda
> figured this was good feedback for when I had good roundpedaling. I believe the Swing and Imagic
> stands are fairly identical.
>
> The bike will rock back and forth when you're on the road and out of the saddle for instance. Why
> wouldn't it do that in the trainer.
>
> Don't tighten your supports to hard. That will only bend them outwards.
Mine
> are tightened so that they barely go all the way in and I have no tension whatsoever when twisting
> the locking handle in place.
>
> --
> Replace the dots to reply
>
> Perre
>
> "Jed Kornbluh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > After 1.5 month of daily training, i've noticed that my i-Magic has
> started
> > to rock side to side at the support contacts that hold the rear wheel.
After
> > tightening the supports (which I check everyfew dayd anyway) I noticed
> that
> > the problem persists. I'm a 5'11" 172lb rider fixed on a steel bike used only for winter
> > training.
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem with theirs? Do I have to worry about the integrity of the welds
> > in the future (or is the future now?)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -jed kornbluh
>

Status
Not open for further replies.