Tacx i-Magic creak/rock

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jed Kornbluh, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Jed Kornbluh

    Jed Kornbluh Guest

    After 1.5 month of daily training, i've noticed that my i-Magic has started to rock side to side at
    the support contacts that hold the rear wheel. After tightening the supports (which I check everyfew
    dayd anyway) I noticed that the problem persists. I'm a 5'11" 172lb rider fixed on a steel bike used
    only for winter training.

    Anyone else have this problem with theirs? Do I have to worry about the integrity of the welds in
    the future (or is the future now?)?

    Thanks,

    -jed kornbluh

    Tags:

  2. Are you saying it was rock steady from the beginning and then recently started rocking? I have a
    brand new Tacx Swing trainer and it rocks the whole time unless I pedal smoothly. I just kinda
    figured this was good feedback for when I had good roundpedaling. I believe the Swing and Imagic
    stands are fairly identical.

    The bike will rock back and forth when you're on the road and out of the saddle for instance. Why
    wouldn't it do that in the trainer.

    Don't tighten your supports to hard. That will only bend them outwards. Mine are tightened so
    that they barely go all the way in and I have no tension whatsoever when twisting the locking
    handle in place.

    --
    Replace the dots to reply

    Perre

    "Jed Kornbluh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > After 1.5 month of daily training, i've noticed that my i-Magic has
    started
    > to rock side to side at the support contacts that hold the rear wheel. After tightening the
    > supports (which I check everyfew dayd anyway) I noticed
    that
    > the problem persists. I'm a 5'11" 172lb rider fixed on a steel bike used only for winter training.
    >
    > Anyone else have this problem with theirs? Do I have to worry about the integrity of the welds in
    > the future (or is the future now?)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -jed kornbluh

  3. Kb

    Kb Guest

    I get creaking on my Tacx Basic Ergo unit as well. Nothing terrible, just a little bit of rocking.
    The resistance unit is top notch and quiet. No worries.

    news:[email protected]...