TdF spoiler...are you guys watching todays ITT?!

C.J.Patten

Guest
WARNING: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING...

Holy cow!

Poor Michael Rasmussen! Your heart's gotta go out to the guy... *FIVE* bike
changes? How many crashes...? I admire his persistance. Looking forward to
his post stage interview to see where his head is at.

Interesting how Lance was 7 seconds behind Basso at one of the checkpoints
(don't recall which one) but was soon up by what? 40 seconds?

Anyone know how that happens? Just gumption?

Just saw Lance get to the 5km to finish mark... 30 seconds ahead of next
nearest rider. Wow.

Also noticed: Lance is running two identical wheels, others are running a
rear disc. Must be just personal preference but I wonder how Lance came up
with that preference.

They were mentioning Lance's high cadence too - something he picked up
post-Cancer after discussing with his team coaches.

Basso, Armstrong, Ulrich... these guys are just machines.

Questions questions... gotta go Google.

C.J.Patten wrote:
> WARNING: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING...
>
> Holy cow!
>
> Poor Michael Rasmussen! Your heart's gotta go out to the guy...
> *FIVE* bike changes? How many crashes...? I admire his persistance.
> Looking forward to his post stage interview to see where his head is
> at.

I've had /mountain biking/ days like that, but yeah that was brutal. Glad
he didn't quit.

> Interesting how Lance was 7 seconds behind Basso at one of the
> checkpoints (don't recall which one) but was soon up by what? 40
> seconds?
> Anyone know how that happens? Just gumption?

That's LA's pattern in TTs. Strong start but not all out; then gets into
his power mode and WOW. (Also, Basso bonked a bit, I think. Went out too
fast and couldn't keep it up {understandably}.)

> Just saw Lance get to the 5km to finish mark... 30 seconds ahead of
> next nearest rider. Wow.

Either he let up a little after that, or Ullrich /really/ hammered. They
thought LA might break 1:11, but he went over.

> Also noticed: Lance is running two identical wheels, others are
> running a rear disc. Must be just personal preference but I wonder
> how Lance came up with that preference.

Rear wheel was still aero, just not a "solid disc" like some chose
(unwisely, apparently, with all those tight turns).

> They were mentioning Lance's high cadence too - something he picked up
> post-Cancer after discussing with his team coaches.
>
> Basso, Armstrong, Ulrich... these guys are just machines.

It hurts me to go all out for /20/ minutes. How these guys do it for well
over an hour (after riding about 15 or 16 mountainous centuries in three
weeks!) is beyond amazing. Truly awesome (over-used word, but not in this
case)...

End of an era.

Bill S.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:54:36 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It hurts me to go all out for /20/ minutes.

Really? <g> I can hurt myself in about 10-12 minutes. But it's a good hurt
- mostly.

>How these guys do it for well
>over an hour (after riding about 15 or 16 mountainous centuries in three
>weeks!) is beyond amazing. Truly awesome (over-used word, but not in this
>case)...

Yeah, they're minor gods, imo.

>End of an era.

You said it buddy.

Interesting that OLN will be opening up early tomorrow and broadcasting the
whole stage tomorrow from start to finish. Do they know it's the
denouement? Not complaining, mind you - the finish has some excitement.

Myself, I'd like to see Lance come back in a year or two and win the
Hawaiian Ironman. ;-)

jj

>Bill S.

jj <[email protected]> wrote:
:>
:> Interesting that OLN will be opening up early tomorrow and
:> broadcasting the whole stage tomorrow from start to finish. Do they
:> know it's the denouement? Not complaining, mind you - the finish has
:> some excitement.

Of course they know...there're closing out LA's career in fine style, if you
ask me.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> C.J.Patten wrote:
> > WARNING: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING...
> >
> > Holy cow!
> >
> > Poor Michael Rasmussen! Your heart's gotta go out to the guy...
> > *FIVE* bike changes? How many crashes...? I admire his persistance.
> > Looking forward to his post stage interview to see where his head is
> > at.

> I've had /mountain biking/ days like that, but yeah that was brutal. Glad
> he didn't quit.

Rasmussen is a former world-class MTBer, so maybe he has had days like
that too. There's no way he was going to quit, even if he had to switch
to a sixth bike, or borrow one from a passer-by: although this terrible
TT knocked him off the podium for the GC (yellow jersey competition for
overall winner; he was sitting second until today), he has Mountains
classification (polka-dot jersey) locked up. But you can only get
awarded the prize if you actually finish the race. So he wasn't
abandoning today.

As it was, he still finished 77th, or mid-pack. Also, I heard the OLN
guys say two crashes and four bike changes, not five. He also had one or
two wildly sketchy non-crash turns.

> Rasmussen is a former world-class MTBer, so maybe he has had days like
> that too. There's no way he was going to quit, even if he had to switch
> to a sixth bike, or borrow one from a passer-by: although this terrible
> TT knocked him off the podium for the GC (yellow jersey competition for
> overall winner; he was sitting second until today),

Actually, third, not second. Ivan Basso has been in second since the 15th
stage. He did have a great run.

>he has Mountains
> classification (polka-dot jersey) locked up. But you can only get
> awarded the prize if you actually finish the race. So he wasn't
> abandoning today.
>
> As it was, he still finished 77th, or mid-pack. Also, I heard the OLN
> guys say two crashes and four bike changes, not five. He also had one or
> two wildly sketchy non-crash turns.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/
> "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
> to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

Those guys are drug addict. Lance Armstrong is the leader of the drug
addicted cyclist!

I never watch this drug addicted son of ***** claiming to be a
cyclist!

Winning ugly anyway it can!

Son of ***** should be remember as the most prolific cyclist of all
time!

[email protected] wrote:
> Those guys are drug addict. Lance Armstrong is the leader of the drug
> addicted cyclist!
>
> I never watch this drug addicted son of ***** claiming to be a
> cyclist!
>
> Winning ugly anyway it can!
>
> Son of ***** should be remember as the most prolific cyclist of all
> time!

Why RedClown say such hurtful things? PungentPoof take all joy out of Tour
for WhitePenisPower NASCAR set.

Life no worth go on.

Luck there drug.

Another day possible.

White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

Cathy Kearns wrote:

> Actually, third, not second. Ivan Basso has been in second since the 15th
> stage. He did have a great run.

I'll bet Basso is going to be one happy dude that LA is retiring.

Ryan wrote:
> ...I heard the OLN
> guys say two crashes and four bike changes, not five. He also had one or
> two wildly sketchy non-crash turns.

Concussed, I'm guessing.

--Karen M.

White Penis Power is your dream, isn't it Bill?

Just can't help being American huh?

YOu have to imitate WPP or you are *****?

Bill Sornson = White Penis Power Junkie

Bill Sornson wrote:

> Life no worth go on.
>
> Luck there drug.
>
> Another day possible.
>
> White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

Boy, I stop posting to a NG and come back and find the subject of white
penis power is still alive and well. Glad you all enjoyed the TdF. I
watched the last few moments. Thats all I could take. I am waiting
to see what Lance does now that he is retired. I predict either
politics or broadcasting.

Maggie.. (Just dropping in)

On 25 Jul 2005 03:03:07 -0700, "Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> Life no worth go on.
>>
>> Luck there drug.
>>
>> Another day possible.
>>
>> White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

>Boy, I stop posting to a NG and come back and find the subject of white
>penis power is still alive and well. Glad you all enjoyed the TdF. I
>watched the last few moments. Thats all I could take. I am waiting
>to see what Lance does now that he is retired. I predict either
>politics or broadcasting.
>
>Maggie.. (Just dropping in)

GO AWAY!

thanks.

On 25 Jul 2005 03:03:07 -0700, "Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> Life no worth go on.
>>
>> Luck there drug.
>>
>> Another day possible.
>>
>> White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

>Boy, I stop posting to a NG and come back and find the subject of white
>penis power is still alive and well. Glad you all enjoyed the TdF. I
>watched the last few moments. Thats all I could take. I am waiting
>to see what Lance does now that he is retired. I predict either
>politics or broadcasting.
>
>Maggie.. (Just dropping in)

GO AWAY!

thanks.

On 25 Jul 2005 03:03:07 -0700, "Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> Life no worth go on.
>>
>> Luck there drug.
>>
>> Another day possible.
>>
>> White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

>Boy, I stop posting to a NG and come back and find the subject of white
>penis power is still alive and well. Glad you all enjoyed the TdF. I
>watched the last few moments. Thats all I could take. I am waiting
>to see what Lance does now that he is retired. I predict either
>politics or broadcasting.
>
>Maggie.. (Just dropping in)

GO AWAY!

thanks.

wrote:

>Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> Life no worth go on.
>>
>> Luck there drug.
>>
>> Another day possible.
>>
>> White Penis Power Survive After All!!!

>Boy, I stop posting to a NG and come back and find the subject of white
>penis power is still alive and well. Glad you all enjoyed the TdF. I
>watched the last few moments. Thats all I could take. I am waiting
>to see what Lance does now that he is retired. I predict either
>politics or broadcasting.
>
>Maggie.. (Just dropping in)

>"Thats all I could take."

What, to remind me, why I don't miss you?

Life is Good!
Jeff