Tektro RX60 brake calipers

kjackbrown

Aug 16, 2005
Has anybody used (or heard of someone using) the Tektro RX60 Carbon (look?) calipers? I'm using the new ultegra 6600's and REALLY like the look of the carbon Tektro's. I don't want to downgrade in stopping performance however. If they are at least equal to what I already have...then I'll make the purchase.

Also, does anybody else make carbon calipers? Thank you!!!

i seen pictures... they are alot more expensive for sure... im guessing 120-150 each... i dont know the stoping power tho id get record for that price.

I use the Tektro brakes that came on my 2004.5 Giant OCR 1 and they stop the same as my 7800, 6600, and 105 brakes. I don't use the RX60's but I saw them on sale at ebay. I also saw carbon brakes made by Giant on sale on ebay.

JTE83 said:
I use the Tektro brakes that came on my 2004.5 Giant OCR 1 and they stop the same as my 7800, 6600, and 105 brakes. I don't use the RX60's but I saw them on sale at ebay. I also saw carbon brakes made by Giant on sale on ebay.
Huh...I was not aware Giant had carbon calipers. I'll check their website.

kjackbrown said:
Huh...I was not aware Giant had carbon calipers. I'll check their website.

Here's a pic of it taken from a bike show. I think it was on their carbon time trial bike.

I think most of these carbon brakes are aluminum cored covered with carbon.

JTE83 said:
Here's a pic of it taken from a bike show. I think it was on their carbon time trial bike.

I believe that is how the Tektro units are.

JTE83 said:

From Tektro:

2boysintow said:
I would say that's because those are the Tektro units!
Hmmm...it looks like they were able to get the name off pretty clean! I wonder how they did it?

kjackbrown said:
Hmmm...it looks like they were able to get the name off pretty clean! I wonder how they did it?
You can buy Tektro's without logos. Only in high volumes though and as the number one exporter from Taiwan, I'm sure that Giant has the volumes...

2boysintow said:
You can buy Tektro's without logos. Only in high volumes though and as the number one exporter from Taiwan, I'm sure that Giant has the volumes...
I didn't see them offered on their (Giant) website, I'll email them to see if they'll sell cheaper than speedgoat.com

I can tell you that my Tektros "SUCK" compared to my Ultegra brakes. It may be the pads but I would not buy them again if I had the choice again.

SKAUFMAN12 said:
I can tell you that my Tektros "SUCK" compared to my Ultegra brakes. It may be the pads but I would not buy them again if I had the choice again.
I remember my first bike had Sora brakes, and they SUCKED. Without the money to change out the calipers for something better, I just upgraded the pads to Dura Ace. Now don't get me wrong, it didn't make them perform like my wifes Fuji Pro (all Dura Ace group (upgraded calipers)), but it DID make a noticable difference.