Thank You.

Dave W

Guest
It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels. (Will
Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life the way I
alway's have. FREE.

So I just wanted to take this time to say Thank You to all the men and women seving in the United
States military. Thank you for giving me the freedom to work my muscles sore in my yard Saturday. I
was beat. You're responsible for that. Thank You. And a very big Thank You for making my world safe
so I could spend a beautiful southern Sunday spinning my mountain bike around the course at
Windridge ATV park. There were Equestrians, moto's, and a very large MTB contingent there. After the
converstions heard I can safely say that everyone felt the same. We are glad that the finest
fighting force in the world is finally taking care of the situation in Iraq. We are extremely
saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!) We are behind
you in this endeavor 100% keep up the good work, and try to stay safe.

Thank You for trying to make the world a better place.

David Westmoreland Sharpsburg, GA

Dave W wrote:

> We are extremely saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell
> to pay!)

Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...

> Dave W wrote:
>
> > We are extremely
> > saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
>
> Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
> ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
> hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...

I suppose you "in no way condone" showing the ones who were executed (shot in the forehead), either?

All anyone has to do is look at the way POWs are being treated by each side. (And if you mean Fox or
MSNBC briefly showing Iraqi POWs on camera, those networks are NOT the US goverment. Also note the
food, blankets, medical aid, etc.)

You might also note that our POWs are in uniform, not guised as friendly civilians or carrying white
flags in order to commit murder.

Bill "if you stopped replying to Dave I wouldn't have to 'go mental'" S.

| Dave W wrote:
|
| > We are extremely
| > saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
|
| Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
| ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
| hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
|
| --
| a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
|
| a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

From what I understand US has not broken any Geneva conventions thus far as in basic terms they are
not to show casualties and POWS from up close. The US has so far shown POW's in decent condition
from afar with no up close shots of any faces. Iraq on the other hand has shown injured/ wounded US
soldiers and televised basic interrogation...........this is what contravenes the geneva
conventions.

I did not support a war but now there is one I back UK and US troops whole heartedly. After seeing
the way Saddams so called soldiers fired into bushes looking for "survivors" and have continued to
display no regard for civilians by dressing as civilians themselves and thus endangering all of
iraqs civilians I hold no high regard for saddam and has regime.

Simon........with a name like Bomba I thought you would be first over there!

> Dave W wrote:
>
> > We are extremely
> > saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
>
> Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
> ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
> hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...

Camp X-Ray.

Shaun aRe - Wankers.

Sorni wrote:

>>Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
>>ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
>>hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
>

> I suppose you "in no way condone" showing the ones who were executed (shot in the
> forehead), either?

I haven't seen the footage (I don't watch television), so I can't comment properly, although in the
reports I've read, there's been no mention of executions.

> All anyone has to do is look at the way POWs are being treated by each side. (And if you mean Fox
> or MSNBC briefly showing Iraqi POWs on camera, those networks are NOT the US goverment. Also note
> the food, blankets, medical aid, etc.)

I was actually more referring to Camp X-Ray...

Simon wrote:

> | Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but
> | it's ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the
> | other hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
> |

> From what I understand US has not broken any Geneva conventions thus far as in basic terms they
> are not to show casualties and POWS from up close.

Well, the ICRC (who monitor PoW situations) have criticised the US for showing pictures of captured
troops too. Anyhoo, I was more referring to Camp X-Ray for contraventions of the Geneva Convention.
Except the US has conveniently labelled them as 'unlawful combatants'.

> Simon........with a name like Bomba I thought you would be first over there!

Been there, discussed that.

Dave W wrote:
> It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
> (Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life
> the way I alway's have. FREE.

If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded. We'll see
more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty eroded further because of the terrorism. You're even more
simple-minded than our President, which is really hard to be.

Greg

> Sorni wrote:
>
> >>Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but
> >>it's ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the
> >>other hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
> >

> > I suppose you "in no way condone" showing the ones who were executed
(shot
> > in the forehead), either?
>
> I haven't seen the footage (I don't watch television), so I can't comment properly, although in
> the reports I've read, there's been no mention of executions.

At least four shown in the morgue, still in uniform, at least one with a bullet hole in forehead.

> > All anyone has to do is look at the way POWs are being treated by each
side.
> > (And if you mean Fox or MSNBC briefly showing Iraqi POWs on camera,
those
> > networks are NOT the US goverment. Also note the food, blankets,
medical
> > aid, etc.)
>
> I was actually more referring to Camp X-Ray...

What, the prayer mats we provide them aren't cushy enough?!?

Bill "again, compare and contrast" S.

Sorni wrote:
> "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Dave W wrote:
>>
>> > We are extremely
>>
>>>saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
>>
>>Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
>>ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
>>hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
>

> I suppose you "in no way condone" showing the ones who were executed (shot in the
> forehead), either?
>
> All anyone has to do is look at the way POWs are being treated by each side. (And if you mean Fox
> or MSNBC briefly showing Iraqi POWs on camera, those networks are NOT the US goverment. Also note
> the food, blankets, medical aid, etc.)
>
> You might also note that our POWs are in uniform, not guised as friendly civilians or carrying
> white flags in order to commit murder.

In general I completely agree with you there but before the white flag attack I saw a very poignant
photo of two dead Iraquis on msnbc.com. They were holding a white flag, not guns or bombs.

Greg

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:01:09 +0100, bomba wrote:

> I haven't seen the footage (I don't watch television), so I can't comment properly, although in
> the reports I've read, there's been no mention of executions.

No, they're just really good shots, having made most of their kills in battle by landing a single
shot square in the forehead.</SARCASM>

I have tried to stay out of these threads, but I guess this really is the main topic of the day.

I was very concerned at the outset of this war, because the "coalition" was initiating it without
legitimate UN authority, and lawlessness begets lawlessness. It puts us in less of a position to
complain about those who break conventions, when the whole war is unsanctioned. It seemed to me that
it was not only an invitation to terrorists, but to countries who had desires of invasion: now all
they need to do is document some vague speculations and they're good to go. Unfortunately, its
inevitable that many people will also consider our lawless action to legitimize lawlessness against
soldiers who are doing their best to minimize civilian casualties.

Its a crazy world we live in when removing a horrible regime with a long history of terrorizing its
people (and its region) is the wrong thing to
do. Now that we've committed, I wish our troops safety and a quick resolution. I'll let the people
who benefit from it thank them, though I doubt they ever will.

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Dave W wrote:
| > It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
| > (Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life
| > the way I alway's have. FREE.
| >

| If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded. We'll
| see more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty eroded further because of the terrorism. You're even
| more simple-minded than our President, which is really hard to be.
|
| Greg

For once I agree

Simon

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> Sorni wrote:

> >>Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but
> >>it's ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the
> >>other hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...
> >

> > I suppose you "in no way condone" showing the ones who were executed
(shot
> > in the forehead), either?
> >
> > All anyone has to do is look at the way POWs are being treated by each
side.
> > (And if you mean Fox or MSNBC briefly showing Iraqi POWs on camera,
those
> > networks are NOT the US goverment. Also note the food, blankets,
medical
> > aid, etc.)
> >
> > You might also note that our POWs are in uniform, not guised as friendly civilians or carrying
> > white flags in order to commit murder.
> >

> In general I completely agree with you there but before the white flag attack I saw a very
> poignant photo of two dead Iraquis on msnbc.com. They were holding a white flag, not guns
> or bombs.

I didn't see it, but I'll guarantee you they weren't deliberately murdered (by coalition forces,
at least).

Bill "sad stuff happens, but evil is perpetrated" S.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Dave W wrote:
>
> > We are extremely
> > saddened (and ****** off!!) by the video of our P.O.W's (There should be hell to pay!)
>
> Welcome to the propoganda war. I in no way condone the way that the POWs were televised, but it's
> ironic to see the US go mental over Iraq for breaking the Geneva convention, yet with the other
> hand, continue to break or ignore the same convention...

Please provide some examples of the type of mistreatment by Americans, that the world has seen at
the hands of the Iraqi's.

Thing is, you can't, nor will you be able too. The Iraqi's are murderers, they've murdered their own
people, now they're murdering soldiers on state run television. Your dangerously close to becoming
considered an ally to Husseins regime John. Do you really want to be considered a sympathizer?

Isn't this a cycling forum? Have any bicycles been harmed in Iraq? Is it true that Iran and Iraq are joining forces to start a bicycle company known as "Iranq"?

Just wondering...

> So I just wanted to take this time to say Thank You to all the men and women seving in the United
> States military.

Your welcome. Now my advice for you:

See the world. Read a newspaper that originated from outside the US. Compare it's news to what you
read in the US. Disagreeing != disloyalty Have an opinion. Hold it. Defend it. Allow others to do
the same. Support the troops by finding a military post nearby and either donating something (soft
drinks/sports stuff) to the family support center or voluntering. See the world.

nk

G.T. wrote:

>> It's tough not to sit in front of the idiot box, and watch the minute by minute war channels.
>> (Will Survivor ever be looked at the same?) But I felt it was my duty to continue living my life
>> the way I alway's have. FREE.
>

> If you believe you are going to be more free than you are now, you are seriously deluded. We'll
> see more terrorism, and we'll see our liberty eroded further because of the terrorism.

Not to mention the removal of civil liberties, increased intrusion, more surveillance, etc, etc.

Sorni wrote:

>>I haven't seen the footage (I don't watch television), so I can't comment properly, although in
>>the reports I've read, there's been no mention of executions.
>
> At least four shown in the morgue, still in uniform, at least one with a bullet hole in forehead.

Ok, but I'd be wary of calling them executions until you know better...

> What, the prayer mats we provide them aren't cushy enough?!?

Of course, it's all a bed of roses in Guatanamo Bay...

The conditions in which they are held contravene international law, the Geneva convention and their
human rights. It's yet another indictment of the hypocrisy and double standards that the US employ.