The Champagne Tastes Sweet Today - Sorry Losers!

mooneyham

Jul 2, 2005
Just got back from the Verdugos this morning. Lovely day and a great ride! :rolleyes:

Made even better by today's victory lap for Discovery. Good reason to have some Veuve Clicquot with my eggs and soldiers.

I have a suggestion for a few of you, ride more, post less. You'll like life a lot more! :eek:

Until next year. Enjoy!

On my morning ride, I tried to imagine.............

Lance behind me, cheering me on!

I flew up the hills!

:)

Yes, champagne it must be. I'm having some J Selosse Rose as we speak! :p :)

This is for all the people who thought Bruyneel would only nurture LA (although that in and of itself would already make a DS' career). This is for Riis not making it to the podium even though other teams were out of the Tour. This is for Sastre coming in fourth, after TWO DC candidates and over 7 minutes behind a 24-year-old! Hah hah hah to CSC. This is for everybody asking what would happen to DC after LA's retirement! Hooray! :) :) :)

musette said:
Yes, champagne it must be. I'm having some J Selosse Rose as we speak! :p :)

This is for all the people who thought Bruyneel would only nurture LA (although that in and of itself would already make a DS' career). This is for Riis not making it to the podium even though other teams were out of the Tour. This is for Sastre coming in fourth, after TWO DC candidates and over 7 minutes behind a 24-year-old! Hah hah hah to CSC. This is for everybody asking what would happen to DC after LA's retirement! Hooray! :) :) :)
Musette,

Are you Ann Coulter? Not much dignity in winning. I'd hate to see you loose.

Frigo

Fortunately, I have very limited experience with losing. :) I'd rather be a winner who is aware of and proud of her win, than a "good" loser. Note I'm not saying I'm a winner by reason of DC winning, but just using the same language utilized by the other poster above.

One of the sweetest pictures obtained today is one of Bruyneel and Alberto, with Bruyneel holding up eight fingers (watch out, other teams: with Alberto now teamed with Bruyneel, Bruyneel could end up with more wins than fingers on his own hands to reflect them on, before Alberto is retired, and Bruyneel might even have Tour winners after Alberto retires). In the same picture, Alberto only holds up his thumb.

Also sweet is Alberto having a Livestrong yellow cap on during the podium today, and telling people he was inspired by LA's book which we read when he had his brain surgery and other physical problems. Also, when Alberto was asked to compare himself and LA, he also mentioned that LA has won seven, and he has only won one. :)

musette said:
Fortunately, I have very limited experience with losing. :)

You've never raced.
On a bike.

musette said:
I'd rather be a winner who is aware of and proud of her win, than a "good" loser.

What race did you win?

now now don't pick on the 12-year old who is just repeating the VS- spewed information on Disco tactics.
So which poster is over your bed now? For awhile I thought it was Contador, but you do gush a lot about Bruyneel, so I'll have to go with that one. Am I right?

musette said:
Fortunately, I have very limited experience with losing.
One of your funniest quotes yet. So all those rejected love letters to LA didn't make you feel like a loser? If not, some classes in the topic of "insight" are called for. Always remember, you are just a cheer leader.

Always remember, comments that are intended to denigrate based on immutable characteristics such as gender speak more about the poster than about the people at which the comments are targeted. :p

Getting back to the celebrations! It is too too sweet for DC today and yesterday!

I predict another very bad post TDF year here at cyclingforums for the Disco haters. The pointless discussions and Disco bashing will continue like a bad case of diarrhea. Fact is most of you Disco haters thought another TDF win was years away if ever again. This is however without a doubt their best TDF ever even outshadowing any single win by Lance. Bruyneel will go down as the greatest TDF DS ever. And who knows how many more TDFs Contador will win under Bruyneel and their new sponsor.

It will be fun to watch the diarrhea spew forth, so keep it comming.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Not much dignity in winning. I'd hate to see you loose.
Frigo
You should have seen all the bigots on this forum fall all over themselves with delight at Disco doing badly last year. They deserve no less.

Ok I will put my hand up. We got beat. Disco smashed us. But Cadel is the first Oz bloke to podium so its still a fine day for us.

A disco victory still sits far better with me than a Ras victory which would of left us in a Landis type situation post tour again. I can swallow this outcome.:)

Bruyneel said this:

«Je n'en reviens pas non plus moi-même d'avoir gagné huit Tours de France comme directeur sportif. Tout le monde me dit, avec Armstrong c'était facile. Mais cette année, nous avons gagné avec un jeune coureur qui n'était pas programmé pour ça, qui n'était même pas dans les pronostics du Tour de France. Cette victoire cette année, c'est surtout grâce aux sept Tours de France que j'avais déjà dans la poche. J'ai pu rester plus calme et bien gérer les situations».

This means roughly:

"[Something I don't know what it means] myself that I have won eight Tours as DS. Everyone said to me, with Armstrong it was easy to win. But this year, we won with a young runner who was not intended for that, who wasn't even included in the forecasted GC winners for the Tour. This victory this year, it's no doubt due to the seven Tours I already had in my pocket. I could remain calmer and evaluate situations better".

You go, Bruyneel :)

existence said:
But Cadel is the first Oz bloke to podium so its still a fine day for us.
Good, let's concentrate on the positive. Cadel rode a fine race. He has done better every year that he has ridden the tour. Can we get away from all the bashing and concentrate on the accomplishments?

musette said:
You go, Bruyneel :)
Okay musette. But Johann did make a couple of mistakes. One of them was letting Ras go up the road early in the Alps. He was lucky that it didn't cost him the yellow jersey. Of course the other DSs made the same mistake with Ras. The other mistake was not to bring Devolder. Had Disco had the jersey early and had there been some large group breakaways in the mountains, they might have needed his help. He also made some discouraging remarks about Levi when Levi got off to a slow start. Nevertheless, a beautiful Tour for Disco.

I hope that Bruyneel is smart enough to retain Lepheimer and Hincappie. You can't buy that kind of racing knowleddge and consistency.

existence said:
Ok I will put my hand up. We got beat. Disco smashed us. But Cadel is the first Oz bloke to podium so its still a fine day for us.

A disco victory still sits far better with me than a Ras victory which would of left us in a Landis type situation post tour again. I can swallow this outcome.:)
Hey, Cadel got beat by a mere 24 seconds. That's not getting smashed. Amazing finish. Props for not being a sore loser. :)