The Hawk - OnyerBike Folding Bike

Steve Goodwin

Guest
A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U

Check it out, it's interesting.

I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
videos.

Steve Goodwin wrote:
> A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U
>
> Check it out, it's interesting.
>
> I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
> boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
> videos.

I saw one of these on the road a few months back. I was quite intrigued;
a full-sus mountain bike with a hinge in the middle and a stand. ;-)

Martin.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U
>
> Check it out, it's interesting.
>
> I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
> boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
> videos.

Warning - BSO Spam. Sure you wacked together a couple of (marketing)
videos and sure you have no relationship to the company.

So why do you feel the need to pretend you are not advertising your
company? Is it because you know its spamming and you are not supposed
to do it but hope no-one will notice or is it because you are ashamed of
the bike shaped objects you sell?

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

On Oct 23, 5:31 pm, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>
> > A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U

> > Check it out, it's interesting.

> > I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
> > boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
> > videos.

> Warning - BSO Spam. Sure you wacked together a couple of (marketing)
> videos and sure you have no relationship to the company.
>
> So why do you feel the need to pretend you are not advertising your
> company? Is it because you know its spamming and you are not supposed
> to do it but hope no-one will notice or is it because you are ashamed of
> the bike shaped objects you sell?
>
> --
> Tony
>
> " I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
> Bertrand Russell

Naw, it's not like that

I acutally saw an advertisement for one of these bikes while I was in
a Dentist in a boating magazine and went and got one. Then I liked it
so much I wacked up a you tube video for it, as you can see there are
actually 2 x you tube videos for the bike, the second one listed here
is more professional done. It's done that way so the guy that makes
the bike can also give out the Video on a DVD to the people that
purchase the bike.

This was not intended as spam, just as something that I thought was
pritty cool.....I don't spam, lol last thing I would ever do, actually
we write anti-spam software...but I will not link that as I might get
accused of "Spamming" again....

This is more of an informative video, I never knew these bikes existed
and I was pritty excited about it....

That's all.

Sry if anyone thinks it is spam, but it isn't.

The guy I made the video for didn't even pay for the video we did it
all for free, because I simply like the bike and wanted to put a video
together to help promote it.

I don't have a relationship with onyer bikes other than being a one
time customer.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> Naw, it's not like that
>
> I acutally saw an advertisement for one of these bikes while I was in
> a Dentist in a boating magazine and went and got one. Then I liked it
> so much I wacked up a you tube video for it, as you can see there are
> actually 2 x you tube videos for the bike, the second one listed here
> is more professional done. It's done that way so the guy that makes
> the bike can also give out the Video on a DVD to the people that
> purchase the bike.
>
> This was not intended as spam, just as something that I thought was
> pritty cool.....I don't spam, lol last thing I would ever do, actually
> we write anti-spam software...but I will not link that as I might get
> accused of "Spamming" again....
>
> This is more of an informative video, I never knew these bikes existed
> and I was pritty excited about it....
>
> That's all.
>
> Sry if anyone thinks it is spam, but it isn't.
>
> The guy I made the video for didn't even pay for the video we did it
> all for free, because I simply like the bike and wanted to put a video
> together to help promote it.
>
> I don't have a relationship with onyer bikes other than being a one
> time customer.

So when your company's website lists its services as

"Video Production

Software Develompent can product a video to further promote your
products and services. These videos can then be published on You Tube,
your website, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu Ray and other mediums.

Demonstration Video (link to your Hawk Bike video)"

you do it as a free philanthropic service for worthy companies with whom
you have no other relationship? Right.

--

Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve Goodwin wrote:
> > A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U
> >
> > Check it out, it's interesting.
> >
> > I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
> > boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
> > videos.

> I saw one of these on the road a few months back. I was quite intrigued;
> a full-sus mountain bike with a hinge in the middle and a stand. ;-)
>
> Martin.

i'm not totaly sure of the market, for folks (and seems to be few here)
who go bike - train etc. it doesn't fold small enought. which that
youtube did show rather well. ie most of the size of the folded bike is
the wheels.

and the point of folding bikes is well they fold, and hopefully into
managable sizes.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

On Oct 23, 9:00 pm, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>

> > Naw, it's not like that

> > I acutally saw an advertisement for one of these bikes while I was in
> > a Dentist in a boating magazine and went and got one. Then I liked it
> > so much I wacked up a you tube video for it, as you can see there are
> > actually 2 x you tube videos for the bike, the second one listed here
> > is more professional done. It's done that way so the guy that makes
> > the bike can also give out the Video on a DVD to the people that
> > purchase the bike.

> > This was not intended as spam, just as something that I thought was
> > pritty cool.....I don't spam, lol last thing I would ever do, actually
> > we write anti-spam software...but I will not link that as I might get
> > accused of "Spamming" again....

> > This is more of an informative video, I never knew these bikes existed
> > and I was pritty excited about it....

> > That's all.

> > Sry if anyone thinks it is spam, but it isn't.

> > The guy I made the video for didn't even pay for the video we did it
> > all for free, because I simply like the bike and wanted to put a video
> > together to help promote it.

> > I don't have a relationship with onyer bikes other than being a one
> > time customer.

> So when your company's website lists its services as
>
> "Video Production
>
> Software Develompent can product a video to further promote your
> products and services. These videos can then be published on You Tube,
> your website, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu Ray and other mediums.
>
> Demonstration Video (link to your Hawk Bike video)"
>
> you do it as a free philanthropic service for worthy companies with whom
> you have no other relationship? Right.
>
> --
> Tony
>
> " I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
> Bertrand Russell- Hide quoted text -

That's just one of many services the company I run offers. I'm not
promoting it at all though, there is no link in the video text from
You Tube site to my company or anything like that. To be honest
though the video stuff is more of a hobby than a realistic service and
i would be happy to work with anyone that is interesting in making a
video on a topic (for free) just for the enjoymnet of it.

I say again, onyerbikes is NOT a customer, I don't even really know
them that well, i've met hte guy twice once to pickup the bike, and
once to record some video footage of him folding the bike etc.

Company does audio production too, doens't mean every song I write and
publish on the MP3 sites, give away etc is promoting anythign, it's
something I enjoy.

Anyway I do apologise if it looked like spam, I can see where your
coming from, and I hate spam as much as anyone.....so agian my
apologies if anyone deems it as spam, it was never intended that way.

And if anyone lives in QLD (Brisbane Area) and would like to work on a
video of biking, drop me a line and I'll be happy to help.

I reckon you could make a ton of good biking vids...Hard to film
yourself though :)

On Oct 24, 12:04 am, [email protected] (Roger Merriman) wrote:
> Martin Dann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Steve Goodwin wrote:
> > > A quick demonstration of the Hawk Folding bike...

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdcwvW8W13U

> > > Check it out, it's interesting.

> > > I actually ended up buying one of these from seeing an add in a
> > > boating magazine and liked it enough to wack together a couple of
> > > videos.

> > I saw one of these on the road a few months back. I was quite intrigued;
> > a full-sus mountain bike with a hinge in the middle and a stand. ;-)

> > Martin.

> i'm not totaly sure of the market, for folks (and seems to be few here)
> who go bike - train etc. it doesn't fold small enought. which that
> youtube did show rather well. ie most of the size of the folded bike is
> the wheels.
>
> and the point of folding bikes is well they fold, and hopefully into
> managable sizes.
>
> roger
> --www.rogermerriman.com- Hide quoted text -

Yep, true, The mian benefit for myself was being able to chuck it in
the boot without having to have bike racks on the back of the car
which stuff up the reversing sensors / camera etc.

It's just easy. Sometimes my wife takes the car to work and if I need
it I use to walk to pick it up, it's only about 3km away so it's not
far, but if I'm in a rush I can just hop on the bike now, ride up
there, fold up the bike stick it in the boot and off I go.

So it's good for that.

Training etc, yah not sure.

I think, since I found it in the boating magazine it was more
inteneded for easy transport not so much for a person to lug around,
ie it would be expected it would still be put into a normal vehicle.
It is heavier slightly heavier than my normal mountain bike. Put it
this way you wouldn't be lugging it around much on foot etc.

Ie a person could ride one to where the boat is moored, fold it up
wack it on the boat somewhere nad off they go, it just takes up less
space etc and can be put onto a flat rack etc.

They had a good writeup in the boating magazine about it, I just
stumbled across it while I was at the dentist. In pain today, just
had 4 wisdom tooth remove, a buried itooth removed, a baby tooth that
never came out 20 years ago when it should of hence the itooth got
stuck up in my gums somewhere, and an implant put it so they can crown
it later where the baby tooth came out.....

Fikeus