The New ARBR

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Edward Dolan, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group. That
    is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let it
    happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can be
    to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
    thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he was
    here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about the
    group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what you
    get.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    Tags:

  2. Leif

    Leif Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

    group.

    " I will keep it nasty and repetitive and stupid
    which is all that matters to me. The main effect of it will be to keep
    newbies away. It will kill ARBR, but who gives a damn"

    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    Hmmmmm. I wonder why there are no newbies.

    Thanks, Ed

    -Leif

  3. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Leif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

    > group.
    >
    > " I will keep it nasty and repetitive and stupid
    > which is all that matters to me. The main effect of it will be to keep
    > newbies away. It will kill ARBR, but who gives a damn"
    >

    >> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    > Hmmmmm. I wonder why there are no newbies.
    >
    > Thanks, Ed
    >
    > -Leif

    Leif, the absence of newbies to ARBR is all due to Ed Gin. I never
    interfered with 95% of the threads here on ARBR. Normally the only way you
    could access my messages was by going deep into an obscure thread. Ed Gin
    has changed everything here on ARBR.

    Newbies are the life blood of any newsgroup, Can you imagine the same old
    guys talking to one another for all eternity. We constantly need newbies to
    keep us all fresh and vital.

    Ed Gin is wholly responsible for the destruction of ARBR. The group would
    not defend itself against his assaults. Where were you Leif? The idea that
    you can simply ignore a troll and he will go away is insane. You should have
    been cussing and swearing at him the same as Jim and I. Only Jim McNamara
    and myself undertook to defend the group from this scoundrel Ed Gin who is
    nothing short of a criminal.

    No one cares what goes on here on ARBR, so why should I. Not even the
    redoubtable Mr. Sherman gives a damn. His silence is deafening. Maybe you
    would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  4. Leif

    Leif Guest

    >Maybe you
    would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!

    Check the threads. I have responded to Gin's posts. Indeed, the
    aforementioned quote from your post came from one of my responses to
    Gin. I might add that I am still confused as to why you responded to
    the post, "The Battle of the Eds" w/ such venome as there was nothing
    there to insult you. I was merely pointing out how Gin's postings are,
    as you put it ,"parroting".

    ......maybe you were just too pissed off. Sit back, sip some vino, and
    re-read some of your early responses to him. I think you'll find that
    you squashed him a long time ago.

    -Leif

  5. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Leif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Maybe you

    > would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!
    >>

    > Check the threads. I have responded to Gin's posts. Indeed, the
    > aforementioned quote from your post came from one of my responses to
    > Gin. I might add that I am still confused as to why you responded to
    > the post, "The Battle of the Eds" w/ such venome as there was nothing
    > there to insult you. I was merely pointing out how Gin's postings are,
    > as you put it ,"parroting".
    >
    > .....maybe you were just too pissed off. Sit back, sip some vino, and
    > re-read some of your early responses to him. I think you'll find that
    > you squashed him a long time ago.
    >
    > -Leif

    Leif, I have never encountered such a scoundrel in my life as Ed Gin. He
    steals your identity, your name. Words can never hurt me. I am a wordsmith
    myself and I know how to deal with words. But to steal one's name?

    Ed Gin belongs in prison as far as I am concerned. If you are aware of what
    Ed Gin is doing, then I am satisfied. But I am dumbfounded by the silence of
    this group overall. No one has ever done what Ed Gin is doing for all the
    time I have been on this group. He is a criminal troll. Jim McNamara is 100%
    right about him in every respect. You and I would never even think of doing
    what Ed Gin does.

    My biggest disappointment is that Mr. Sherman has not taken on this
    scoundrel Ed Gin. I will forever be bitter about this treachery, not to me,
    but to the group. Mr. Sherman has been posting to this group for 5 years and
    was the heart and soul of ARBR, yet he remains silent in the face of this
    assault on ARBR by Ed Gin. I have grown very bitter and sour about this
    whole episode. I do not give a damn about this Ed Gin, but I expected more
    of Mr. Sherman. But he is not alone. Others have been very slow to defend
    the group. If you have spoken up then I stand corrected.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  6. nget

    nget New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2004
    So why don't we all go over to Ed Gins house and place him under arrest for his foul deeds? All he has to say is that his house was broken into by a bunch of monkeys who tied him up and raped him in the worst way for days.At the same time others jumped on his computer and wrote who knows what all kinds of bad stuff.

  7. nget,

    I like it and your sense of humor.

    Jim McNamara

  8. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "nget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > So why don't we all go over to Ed Gins house and place him under arrest
    > for his foul deeds? All he has to say is that his house was broken into
    > by a bunch of monkeys who tied him up and raped him in the worst way
    > for days.At the same time others jumped on his computer and wrote who
    > knows what all kinds of bad stuff.

    We all of us know by now who is writing trash here on ARBR and it is none
    other than Ed Gin. Any one who thinks otherwise is deaf, blind and dumb.

  9. Edward Dolan wrote:
    > Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

    group.

    I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll the
    group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
    first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
    are you!

    That
    > is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and

    let it
    > happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they

    can be
    > to a newsgroup.

    Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!

    YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!

    > Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
    > thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says

    he was
    > here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn

    about the
    > group.

    He cares a little more about the group than you do!

    > Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
    > you get.

    Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!

    Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
    hook, line and sinker?

    Perry B

  10. Dan B.

    Dan B. Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    > > Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

    > group.
    >
    > I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll

    the
    > group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
    > first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
    > are you!
    >

    > That
    > > is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and

    > let it
    > > happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive

    they
    > can be
    > > to a newsgroup.

    > Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!
    >
    > YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!
    >

    > > Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
    > > thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He

    says
    > he was
    > > here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn

    > about the
    > > group.

    > He cares a little more about the group than you do!
    >

    > > Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
    > > you get.

    > Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!
    >
    > Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
    > hook, line and sinker?
    >

    > Perry B

    The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
    actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his last
    set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
    silliness.

    Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to keep
    feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
    weight.

    Dan

  11. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

    > group.
    >
    > I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll the
    > group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
    > first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
    > are you!

    Poor Perry still does not know what troll is. Ed Gin is a troll. I am not a
    troll. Ed Gin and I are at opposite extremes. Why don't you study our
    respective posts and maybe learn how to distinguish a troll from someone who
    is merely contentious and argumentative.

    > That
    >> is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and

    > let it
    >> happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they

    > can be
    >> to a newsgroup.

    > Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!
    >
    > YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!

    See my above statement.

    >> Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
    >> thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says

    > he was
    >> here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn

    > about the
    >> group.

    > He cares a little more about the group than you do!

    Nonsense, he would not defend the group against a criminal type like Ed Gin.
    I have also noted your absence in all of this too. So far you have called Ed
    Gin a troll. Is that it?

    >> Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
    >> you get.

    > Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!
    >
    > Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
    > hook, line and sinker?

    Ed Gin acted like a criminal on this group from day one. You are an
    incredibly stupid person not to see the difference between Ed Gin and Ed
    Dolan. Ed Gin is a parrot; Ed Dolan is ... Great!

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  12. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Dan B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
    > actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his last
    > set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
    > silliness.
    >
    > Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to keep
    > feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
    > weight.
    >
    > Dan

    Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous shit under
    your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone could
    easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal type of
    troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the same
    category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom Sherman
    to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
    elementary distinctions.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  13. Dan B.

    Dan B. Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > "Dan B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > [...]
    > > The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
    > > actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his

    last
    > > set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
    > > silliness.
    > >
    > > Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to

    keep
    > > feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
    > > weight.
    > >
    > > Dan

    > Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous shit

    under
    > your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone

    could
    > easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal

    type of
    > troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the

    same
    > category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom

    Sherman
    > to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
    > elementary distinctions.
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    Mr. Dolan,

    While I certainly understand your outrage, my contention is that his
    primary goal was not to fool others as to your words (the writing
    styles are far too different for almost anyone to mistake his writing
    for yours); instead, he simply wished to create as much sound and fury
    as possible. In that respect, he has succeeded.

    I do not believe the recent trollings were innocent; I merely disagree
    with you on the best method with which to deal with them. Battles are
    rarely won by giving the enemy what he wants. Monseigneur NoComm wants
    attention and to provoke outrage...why give him what he craves?

    Dan

  14. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Dan B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >> "Dan B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> [...]
    >> > The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
    >> > actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his

    > last
    >> > set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
    >> > silliness.
    >> >
    >> > Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to

    > keep
    >> > feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
    >> > weight.
    >> >
    >> > Dan

    >> Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous shit

    > under
    >> your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone

    > could
    >> easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal

    > type of
    >> troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the

    > same
    >> category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom

    > Sherman
    >> to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
    >> elementary distinctions.
    >>
    >> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    > Mr. Dolan,
    >
    > While I certainly understand your outrage, my contention is that his
    > primary goal was not to fool others as to your words (the writing
    > styles are far too different for almost anyone to mistake his writing
    > for yours); instead, he simply wished to create as much sound and fury
    > as possible. In that respect, he has succeeded.
    >
    > I do not believe the recent trollings were innocent; I merely disagree
    > with you on the best method with which to deal with them. Battles are
    > rarely won by giving the enemy what he wants. Monseigneur NoComm wants
    > attention and to provoke outrage...why give him what he craves?
    >
    > Dan

    I agree with you Dan. I am merely having a final flame-out here on ARBR
    before I leave for good.

    Let us at least agree to stop this NoCom business. We are dealing with a
    character whose name is Ed Gin. Only a coward and a fool like Tom Sherman
    believes otherwise. He is the strangest duck of all. Ed Gin is nothing short
    of a criminal. Who cares about him. But I have never understood cowards.
    Courage is the greatest of all the virtues because it makes possible all the
    other virtues. Too bad Tom Sherman can't see this most elementary rule of
    life.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  15. Tim

    Tim Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Edward Dolan wrote:
    > Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group. That
    > is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let it
    > happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can be
    > to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
    > thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he was
    > here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about the
    > group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what you
    > get.
    >
    > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

    *sigh* Yes there are newbies. I'm one, having been lurking for a
    couple of weeks hoping to be able to listen and learn.

    This is the first group I've visited in nine years where I've had
    to killfile a number of people *within days* of subscribing to try to
    bring the ratio of signal to noise within acceptible limits.

    Google's archive suggests this group has been a great source for
    information and informed discussion. It still seems to be with filters
    in place.

    Nasty repetitive posts do nothing for a group and if I'd not
    seen "Leif"'s reply I'd have been happily unaware of your post. I think
    I'm losing little of value by filtering your posts as well as those
    posted by "Ed Gin".

    Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
    about recumbents.
    --
    Tim.

  16. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote

    Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

    What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
    SWB USS?

    > Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
    > about recumbents.

    Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
    raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
    'friendly' like the old...

    Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

    Jon Meinecke
    net.subtle-apteryx

  17. Tim

    Tim Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
    > "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

    "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
    snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
    up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I promise:)

    > What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
    > SWB USS?

    I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
    like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine. Since this is a
    toe in the water from the realm of mountain biking I'm hoping to learn
    what other directions I should be looking in.

    >> Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
    >> about recumbents.

    > Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
    > raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
    > 'friendly' like the old...
    >
    > Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

    Many thanks for the friendly welcomer. Once I have some sensible
    question to ask I shall be sure to ask them here!

    --
    Tim.

  18. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
    > snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
    > up to eight hundred yards long."

    "Dinsdale was a looney, but he was a happy looney. Lucky bugger"

    > No more Monty Python, I promise:)

    Some of us have been "pining for the fjords..." ARBR is not
    dead, it's resting!

    > I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
    > like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.

    As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
    completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
    road-oriented.

    >Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
    > biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
    > be looking in.

    Ride as many different types as you can.

    What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
    Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

    Jon Meinecke
    net.subtle-apteryx

  19. Tim

    Tim Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
    > "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote

    [Python snip. *must* *resist* *temptation*]
    >> I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
    >> like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.

    > As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
    > completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
    > road-oriented.

    Yes, it does look quite road oriented though the rear suspension
    on the II does seem quite a concession to comfort. The steering linkage
    looks a little complicated too.

    >>Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
    >> biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
    >> be looking in.

    > Ride as many different types as you can.
    >
    > What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
    > Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

    The anticipated use is on road for recreation and commuting
    rather than racing or off road riding. The budgets available for buying
    and building are different though my budget to build is roughly the
    price of a second hand machine I'd like to ride here in the UK. Whether
    I'd be able to find a machine that fitted and I found comfortable when
    I tested is another question:)

    --
    Tim.

  20. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
    >
    >>"Tim" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>
    >>Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

    > "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
    > snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
    > up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I promise:)...

    Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,

    If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
    Minstrels. ;)

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth