The Perfect Diet Of Food For Humans?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Arnold, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Arnold

    Arnold Guest

    Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    diet for humans?

    For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Arnold wrote:

    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    It's a commercial product, Purina Monkey Chow #5038.

  3. jake

    jake Guest

    Arnold wrote:
    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    There is a lot of research on healthy nutrition, I'd recommend any
    Western governement's recommendations, assuming you're in a western country.

    I live by such rules and havent had a cold or a flu since (2 years).

  4. In article <[email protected]>, "Arnold" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    Soylent green?
    --
    Om.

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Arnold wrote:
    >
    > > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > > diet for humans?
    > >
    > > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    > It's a commercial product, Purina Monkey Chow #5038.

    Ew.

    I've bought that stuff for the cockatoo...
    Nasty, but I guess it works. :p
    --
    Om.

  6. Mark Thorson <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the
    >> perfect diet for humans?
    >>
    >> For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give
    >> the human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids,
    >> etc?

    > It's a commercial product, Purina Monkey Chow #5038.

    ROFLMAO... If you try it, let me know.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  7. The Joneses

    The Joneses Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Arnold" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > > diet for humans?

    > Soylent green?
    > Om.

    Bah humbug. It's lasagna. With spinach or without. And red wine.
    Edrena

  8. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the

    perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    Humans are genetically diverse, and as such, our needs differ amongst us.
    What's the best for one may well be a poor diet for another.

    Shaun aRe

  9. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    >diet for humans?
    >
    >For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    >human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    White Castle cheeseburgers. Beer.

    --
    The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    At least now I have an excuse.

  10. Arnold

    Arnold Guest

  11. Shaun aRe asks "has anyone ever published the perfect diet for
    humans? "

    Check www.sabbaticaldiet.com The results I have had with this diet,
    with such ease would suggest that this is the perfect diet for humans.

    Common Sense

  12. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Shaun aRe asks "has anyone ever published the perfect diet for
    > humans? "

    I did not write that, I replied to it, with:

    "Humans are genetically diverse, and as such, our needs differ amongst us.
    What's the best for one may well be a poor diet for another."

    HTH.

    Shaun aRe

  13. hob

    hob Guest

    "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the

    perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    One would think it would vary with gender and age and life stage and person,
    e.g.,
    - early teens have rapidly developing brains and need a higher fat
    percentage diet than do adults ( brain tissue growth and fat-use-intake have
    a statistical correspondence in several areas of study),
    - male teens are growing bone and muscle at a high rate while at a
    relatively low testosterone level (relative to males post-30) and need a lot
    of protein in the diet to keep the lid on; as well as needing a high fat
    percentage to develop muscle (e.g., polar bears, killer whales, and suckling
    whales in general -those most muscled animals on the planet, live almost
    exclusively on fat, most leaving the meat of their kills. Mammals with diets
    high in fat are bigger and more muscled than those animals in the same
    species with lower-fat-percentage diets.)
    - Ever notice the fatten-up-then-growth-spurt-into-skinny cycle in kids?
    They are in several cycles at once - different areas of the brain, different
    muscles and bones, etc. with differing needs across the year or so cycles.
    - nursing/pregnant mothers have different dietary needs than adult males

    However, according to several recognized experts in the pro and college
    ranks, as discussed in a forum format in a training magazine I have archived
    around here somewhere, a forum which also covered the technical reasons for
    those percentage, for most athletes and by extension most active adults:

    the optimum protein-fat-carb mix of the daily calorie intake is around
    15% protein, 30% fat, and 55% carbohydrates.
    There was some discussion as to the protein-carb ratio (understandable
    since football players use one kind of muscle tissue over others and
    marathoners use the reverse), but all held that a minimum of 30% fat in an
    active-muscle-subject's diet was necessary for optimum muscle performance.

    Strangely enough, a Snickers bar has 15% protein, 30% fat, and 55%
    carbohydrates.

    Perfect ratio for most active adults. :)

    Hey, it even has relatively even energy release.

    But I'd bet most would get along OK on other reasonable ratios... Almond
    Joy, for example

    fwiw......

  14. Eggs. Bananas.

    According to Chung, 2 lbs. of communion wafers daily.

    Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    With a touch of pesto.

    http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg

    Yours in Pastafarianism,
    redjac

  15. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Eggs. Bananas.
    >
    >According to Chung, 2 lbs. of communion wafers daily.
    >
    >Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    >With a touch of pesto.
    >
    >http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg
    >
    >Yours in Pastafarianism,
    >redjac

    I had always been a fan of BOB, but I was only recently introduced to
    the great Flying Spaghetti Monster. All hail.

    --

  16. AlleyGator wrote:
    > "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Eggs. Bananas.
    >>
    >>According to Chung, 2 lbs. of communion wafers daily.
    >>
    >>Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    >>With a touch of pesto.
    >>
    >>http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg
    >>--------------------------------------------
    >>
    >>Yours in Pastafarianism,
    >>redjac
    >>

    > I had always been a fan of BOB, but I was only recently introduced to
    > the great Flying Spaghetti Monster. All hail.

    but have you been touched by His noodly appendage?
    --

    saerah

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  17. AlleyGator wrote:
    > "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Eggs. Bananas.
    >>
    >>According to Chung, 2 lbs. of communion wafers daily.
    >>
    >>Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    >>With a touch of pesto.
    >>
    >>http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg
    >>--------------------------------------------
    >>
    >>Yours in Pastafarianism,
    >>redjac
    >>

    > I had always been a fan of BOB, but I was only recently introduced to
    > the great Flying Spaghetti Monster. All hail.

    but have you been touched by His noodly appendage?
    --

    saerah

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  18. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

    >but have you been touched by His noodly appendage?
    >--
    >
    >saerah

    No, I don't think so, Sarah. I'm waiting with anticipation for the
    touch of the master, though.

    --
    The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    At least now I have an excuse.

  19. AlleyGator