The Perfect Diet Of Food For Humans?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Arnold, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Arnold wrote:
    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
    program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
    essential or slightly essential amino acid levels. And if deficient,
    will suggest which foods you might want to use to make the daily
    requirements. I guess the program tracks about 30 well-known nutrients
    that we need. For certain medium-chain fatty acids, you'll need to look
    that up directly from the USDA which now tracks a large number of
    different types of fatty acids, the Omega-3's, the Omega-6's, and even
    the DHA and EPA in them. Very impressive of our government.

  2. AlleyGator wrote:
    > "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > >diet for humans?
    > >
    > >For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > >human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?
    > >

    > White Castle cheeseburgers. Beer.
    >
    > --
    > The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    > At least now I have an excuse.

    When was the last time your doctor took an EEG of a crazed ferret? For
    the record, I doubt this. Only because the fundamental frequencies of
    crazed ferrets are higher than crazed humans so it's unlikely he took
    this into account or that the electrodes don't stick well on ferret
    heads.

  3. Arnold wrote:
    > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > diet for humans?
    >
    > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
    program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
    essential or slightly essential amino acid levels. And if deficient,
    will suggest which foods you might want to use to make the daily
    requirements. I guess the program tracks about 30 well-known nutrients
    that we need. For certain medium-chain fatty acids, you'll need to look
    that up directly from the USDA which now tracks a large number of
    different types of fatty acids, the Omega-3's, the Omega-6's, and even
    the DHA and EPA in them. Very impressive of our government.

    I'm posting this again because it's such a neat answer. I'll delete one
    of the posts in case they both get posted. I'm not going into much
    detail because the full answer is so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng and this is
    not the newsgroup to go into detail - after all, what does cooking have
    to do with food :)

  4. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    >When was the last time your doctor took an EEG of a crazed ferret? For
    >the record, I doubt this. Only because the fundamental frequencies of
    >crazed ferrets are higher than crazed humans so it's unlikely he took
    >this into account or that the electrodes don't stick well on ferret
    >heads.

    Too much free time, I assume? <G> Actually, I had an EEG about 2
    weeks ago - now, concerning the ferret, we had to bash him in the head
    with a bat to get him to lay still long enough to attach the
    electrodes. He's recovering nicely, though. Tough guy, the ferret.

    --
    The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    At least now I have an excuse.

  5. gkm

    gkm Guest

  6. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,

    > Arnold wrote:
    > > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
    > > diet for humans?
    > >
    > > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
    > > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

    > Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
    > program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
    > essential or slightly essential amino acid levels.

    > I'm posting this again because it's such a neat answer.

    The Sheldon answer is, of course, human breast milk.

    My children were all breast fed. It is such a perfect food, that once
    it is digested, there isn't anything left to feed the little buggies in
    the digestive tract. Therefore, their shit doesn't stink. I was
    surprised the first few times I changed diapers, because I know that
    babies put out an awful smell.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email protected]

  7. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    I know we're being silly here but I have to tell you that yes, we
    actually do have a ferret. Three dogs and a ferret, and they all get
    along just fine. We've pretty much made our house ferret-safe, but I
    do have one recliner, and I have to be VERY careful before I sit in
    it, because the little guy (Samson, in case you wonder what his name
    is) might be hiding in there. He has his own room, but the door is
    always open and quite frankly one of the dogs (a boxer) has adopted
    him as his special friend. They are together constantly and it's
    just a little weird, but there you have it. Yeah, I know, it's like
    having a rat as a pet but we love the little guy and that's the way it
    is.

    --
    The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    At least now I have an excuse.

  8. The Joneses

    The Joneses Guest

    AlleyGator wrote:

    > "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    > >With a touch of pesto.
    > >http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg
    > >Yours in Pastafarianism,
    > >redjac
    > >

    > I had always been a fan of BOB, but I was only recently introduced to
    > the great Flying Spaghetti Monster. All hail.

    Next year in Parmesan!
    Edrena

  9. AlleyGator wrote:
    > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > I know we're being silly here but I have to tell you that yes, we
    > actually do have a ferret. Three dogs and a ferret, and they all get
    > along just fine. We've pretty much made our house ferret-safe, but I
    > do have one recliner, and I have to be VERY careful before I sit in
    > it, because the little guy (Samson, in case you wonder what his name
    > is) might be hiding in there. He has his own room, but the door is
    > always open and quite frankly one of the dogs (a boxer) has adopted
    > him as his special friend. They are together constantly and it's
    > just a little weird, but there you have it. Yeah, I know, it's like
    > having a rat as a pet but we love the little guy and that's the way it
    > is.
    >
    > --
    > The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    > At least now I have an excuse.

    We are not being silly. Not at all. You know ferrets. I know brain
    waves. Ferrets are cute, more cute than rats. But rats can be good pets
    too if someone has only a couple dollars, just need some lettuce and
    there you go. One fellow used to keep his ferret in his pocket. I
    gather this was a baby ferret or he had big pockets. Apparently the
    ferret now and then would not let go of the fellow's thumb, but no
    biggie, just gently pry the ferret's mouth off his thumb. Another lady
    used to walk her ferrets on a leash but that was like walking cats.
    It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
    tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
    in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
    line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
    She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

  10. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    >We are not being silly. Not at all. You know ferrets. I know brain
    >waves. Ferrets are cute, more cute than rats. But rats can be good pets
    >too if someone has only a couple dollars, just need some lettuce and
    >there you go. One fellow used to keep his ferret in his pocket. I
    >gather this was a baby ferret or he had big pockets. Apparently the
    >ferret now and then would not let go of the fellow's thumb, but no
    >biggie, just gently pry the ferret's mouth off his thumb. Another lady
    >used to walk her ferrets on a leash but that was like walking cats.
    >It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
    >tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
    >in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
    >line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
    >She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

    Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
    ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
    to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

    --
    The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
    At least now I have an excuse.

  11. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "AlleyGator" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
    >>tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
    >>in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
    >>line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
    >>She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

    Heh, I had a Siamese cat who would go for walks with me, but
    not on a leash. Tried it (a halter type) ... she'd go into her I'M
    PARALIZED routine and sit there like a rock. I'd take her to the
    park, she'd just stay close on the trail, no problem.

    > Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
    > ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
    > to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

    Ferrets are awfully cute, a bit of a handful I bet, but adorable and
    funny. What the heck. That was funny about the boxer. I happen
    to have a soft spot for boxers, too.

    nancy

  12. AlleyGator wrote:

    > Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
    > ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
    > to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

    maybe you do ;)