The Perfect Diet Of Food For Humans?

Arnold wrote:
> Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
> diet for humans?
>
> For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
> human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
essential or slightly essential amino acid levels. And if deficient,
will suggest which foods you might want to use to make the daily
requirements. I guess the program tracks about 30 well-known nutrients
that we need. For certain medium-chain fatty acids, you'll need to look
that up directly from the USDA which now tracks a large number of
different types of fatty acids, the Omega-3's, the Omega-6's, and even
the DHA and EPA in them. Very impressive of our government.

AlleyGator wrote:
> "Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
> >diet for humans?
> >
> >For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
> >human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?
> >

> White Castle cheeseburgers. Beer.
>
> --
> The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
> At least now I have an excuse.

When was the last time your doctor took an EEG of a crazed ferret? For
the record, I doubt this. Only because the fundamental frequencies of
crazed ferrets are higher than crazed humans so it's unlikely he took
this into account or that the electrodes don't stick well on ferret
heads.

Arnold wrote:
> Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
> diet for humans?
>
> For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
> human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
essential or slightly essential amino acid levels. And if deficient,
will suggest which foods you might want to use to make the daily
requirements. I guess the program tracks about 30 well-known nutrients
that we need. For certain medium-chain fatty acids, you'll need to look
that up directly from the USDA which now tracks a large number of
different types of fatty acids, the Omega-3's, the Omega-6's, and even
the DHA and EPA in them. Very impressive of our government.

I'm posting this again because it's such a neat answer. I'll delete one
of the posts in case they both get posted. I'm not going into much
detail because the full answer is so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng and this is
not the newsgroup to go into detail - after all, what does cooking have
to do with food :)

>When was the last time your doctor took an EEG of a crazed ferret? For
>the record, I doubt this. Only because the fundamental frequencies of
>crazed ferrets are higher than crazed humans so it's unlikely he took
>this into account or that the electrodes don't stick well on ferret
>heads.

Too much free time, I assume? <G> Actually, I had an EEG about 2
weeks ago - now, concerning the ferret, we had to bash him in the head
with a bat to get him to lay still long enough to attach the
electrodes. He's recovering nicely, though. Tough guy, the ferret.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

> Arnold wrote:
> > Boring and a bit 'German' I know, but has anyone ever published the perfect
> > diet for humans?
> >
> > For example an almost scientific approach to the diet that would give the
> > human body the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, etc?

> Yes, of course. But I read it in English. I even have a free computer
> program that will calculate your requirements down to the individual
> essential or slightly essential amino acid levels.

> I'm posting this again because it's such a neat answer.

The Sheldon answer is, of course, human breast milk.

My children were all breast fed. It is such a perfect food, that once
it is digested, there isn't anything left to feed the little buggies in
the digestive tract. Therefore, their **** doesn't stink. I was
surprised the first few times I changed diapers, because I know that
babies put out an awful smell.

--
Dan Abel
[email protected]

I know we're being silly here but I have to tell you that yes, we
actually do have a ferret. Three dogs and a ferret, and they all get
along just fine. We've pretty much made our house ferret-safe, but I
do have one recliner, and I have to be VERY careful before I sit in
it, because the little guy (Samson, in case you wonder what his name
is) might be hiding in there. He has his own room, but the door is
always open and quite frankly one of the dogs (a boxer) has adopted
him as his special friend. They are together constantly and it's
just a little weird, but there you have it. Yeah, I know, it's like
having a rat as a pet but we love the little guy and that's the way it
is.

--

AlleyGator wrote:

> "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Me? I am sustained by our Lord and Host, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
> >With a touch of pesto.
> >http://www.venganza.org/images/spreadword/havetouched.jpg
> >Yours in Pastafarianism,
> >redjac
> >

> I had always been a fan of BOB, but I was only recently introduced to
> the great Flying Spaghetti Monster. All hail.

Next year in Parmesan!
Edrena

AlleyGator wrote:
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I know we're being silly here but I have to tell you that yes, we
> actually do have a ferret. Three dogs and a ferret, and they all get
> along just fine. We've pretty much made our house ferret-safe, but I
> do have one recliner, and I have to be VERY careful before I sit in
> it, because the little guy (Samson, in case you wonder what his name
> is) might be hiding in there. He has his own room, but the door is
> always open and quite frankly one of the dogs (a boxer) has adopted
> him as his special friend. They are together constantly and it's
> just a little weird, but there you have it. Yeah, I know, it's like
> having a rat as a pet but we love the little guy and that's the way it
> is.
>
> --
> The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
> At least now I have an excuse.

We are not being silly. Not at all. You know ferrets. I know brain
waves. Ferrets are cute, more cute than rats. But rats can be good pets
too if someone has only a couple dollars, just need some lettuce and
there you go. One fellow used to keep his ferret in his pocket. I
gather this was a baby ferret or he had big pockets. Apparently the
ferret now and then would not let go of the fellow's thumb, but no
biggie, just gently pry the ferret's mouth off his thumb. Another lady
used to walk her ferrets on a leash but that was like walking cats.
It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

>We are not being silly. Not at all. You know ferrets. I know brain
>waves. Ferrets are cute, more cute than rats. But rats can be good pets
>too if someone has only a couple dollars, just need some lettuce and
>there you go. One fellow used to keep his ferret in his pocket. I
>gather this was a baby ferret or he had big pockets. Apparently the
>ferret now and then would not let go of the fellow's thumb, but no
>biggie, just gently pry the ferret's mouth off his thumb. Another lady
>used to walk her ferrets on a leash but that was like walking cats.
>It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
>tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
>in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
>line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
>She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

"AlleyGator" <[email protected]> wrote

> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>It's difficult. It's possible to train cats to walk on leash. I've
>>tried. The cat walks. The cat sits. I stand there. She refuses to walk
>>in a straight line and makes me nuts. She rarely walks in a straight
>>line unless it to the food :) cooked or uncooked mice, just kidding.
>>She catches her own but she is a raw foodie in that regard.

Heh, I had a Siamese cat who would go for walks with me, but
not on a leash. Tried it (a halter type) ... she'd go into her I'M
PARALIZED routine and sit there like a rock. I'd take her to the
park, she'd just stay close on the trail, no problem.

> Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
> ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
> to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

Ferrets are awfully cute, a bit of a handful I bet, but adorable and
funny. What the heck. That was funny about the boxer. I happen
to have a soft spot for boxers, too.

nancy

AlleyGator wrote:

> Well, let me tell ya - I was no more thrilled at the prospect of a
> ferret than I was at getting a third dog. Now, you'd have to kill me
> to get at either one of them. Maybe I should work in a zoo . . . . .

maybe you do ;)