The real reason Hoste lost

On Apr 10, 9:37 am, Steve McGinty <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2007 00:06:09 -0700, "Kurgan Gringioni"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Asswipe -

> >> Yes he did. Watch the footage instead of reading reports. I can
> >> easily send you a frozen image that prooves it all.

> >Dumbass -

> >I should believe you instead of them?

> >Hahahaha!

> >BTW, going from 200m in an uphill is even bigger tactical miscue.

> >thanks,

> >K. Gringioni.

> Work it out from here.
>
> http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/mcplayervideo_vid38376.shtml
>
> Ballan was controlling it all the way - another 50m and he would have
> led it out and Hoste would not have got round him. Excellent ride by
> Ballan all the way in from the Muur.

Hmm, it does look closer to 200 than 150. Oh well. It wasn't easy to
tell on the day. Especially from where I was sitting :)

Jeff

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> On Apr 9, 6:53 am, "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 8 apr, 19:52, "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hoste went from 150 meters today. Normally that's not too far out. Fly
>>> in the ointment though. Look at this photo:

>> No he didn't. He went from more than 200m.

> Jackass -
>
> No he didn't.
>
> From:
> http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2745
>
> Alessandro Ballan (Lampre) pulled the last ounces of strength out of
> his tired legs to come by Leif Hoste (Predictor-Lotto) in the closing
> metres to win the Tour of Flanders. The Italian looked like he was
> heading for another second place with Hoste glued to his wheel for the
> final kilometre and a half. But when Hoste powered past with 150m to
> go, Ballan managed to get behind the Belgian. Incredibly, he had
> enough to go again in the last 20m to win by a wheel from the
> disappointed Hoste.
>
> <snip><end>
>
> From:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/rvv07/?id=results
>
> The duo went full-gas and fairly traded pulls over the final 16
> kilometres from the Muur. Ballan was forced to lead over the final
> kilometre, where the two went increasing slower while the chase closed
> in at only a few seconds. At 150 metres, Hoste opened up his sprint on
> Ballan's left, thinking he had enough to hold it to the line. But the
> 1.90m tall rider that usually leads out for Daniele Bennati kept on
> his rival's wheel, finally coming around in the ten metres to steal
> glory.
>
> <snip><end>

Dear dumbasseroni - You lead with Dumbass and Jackass and provide the
above as your backing?

20 meters Tip - If Ballan crashed with 50 to go Hoste may have won,
everything else is but errant jizz in your quest for RBR love.