the smallest foldable bicycle in the world

santaro

Jun 13, 2006
hi,
maybe this question has been asked billions of times, or maybe not.
too lazy to go thorugh billions of threads.
anyway does anyone knows where they supply the bicycle i am asking about, (thread title)
here is the link which i found the information.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3880647.stm
i live in japan, i goggled a bit, but i could'nt find anything, since it has been invented by an english guy, i should assume that they may sell it in the uk, if they do, does anyone knows where, and if not, how do i go about to find out?
also, can anyone advice me if it is a good product, say, like the brompton, which i used to have, great stuff that one.
since in japan, trains are over overcrowded, the brompton is too big, so the new one is much smaller that it may be possible to get into those overcrowded trains.
i used to live in england, and rode the brompton, and of course take it onto buses and trains, piece of cake!!
i would be grateful if anyone, would reply.
cheers

Based on the picture, I would say that the front wheel is too small, sending you over the handlebars if you hit a bump or hole.

There was a Japanese one on the Amazing race that was in a bag and you quickly put the parts together (no tools), which had better wheels and could still be carried into the office in the bag.

How far do you need to ride. How suitable is the road to slow riding on a foldable?

mikesbytes said:
Based on the picture, I would say that the front wheel is too small, sending you over the handlebars if you hit a bump or hole.

There was a Japanese one on the Amazing race that was in a bag and you quickly put the parts together (no tools), which had better wheels and could still be carried into the office in the bag.

How far do you need to ride. How suitable is the road to slow riding on a foldable?

actually, the main reason i like that one, is because is actually the smallest, and also, the way it folds, as for riding, i will only use to go to work, which is 30 minutes on bike, just in case of bad weather, that one is quite handy.
i have already a proper bike for riding anyway.

would you know where to get a supplier?

and thanks for your opinion on it.

santaro said:
actually, the main reason i like that one, is because is actually the smallest, and also, the way it folds, as for riding, i will only use to go to work, which is 30 minutes on bike, just in case of bad weather, that one is quite handy.
i have already a proper bike for riding anyway.

would you know where to get a supplier?

and thanks for your opinion on it.

Source it from the horses's mouth!

Search for it in the UK under the guy's name.

I just googled his name, Clive Sinclair and got Planet Sinclair, but did not want to get the plugin. Apparently all his inventions are there.

In the BBC article it said they were going to market it in Singapore first, UK later and then finally Japan. The article was 2 years old.

Little Jackie said:
Source it from the horses's mouth!

Search for it in the UK under the guy's name.

I just googled his name, Clive Sinclair and got Planet Sinclair, but did not want to get the plugin. Apparently all his inventions are there.

In the BBC article it said they were going to market it in Singapore first, UK later and then finally Japan. The article was 2 years old.
nop,
i did all the googling.
i could not find, any information to where i can get hold of one of them.
thanks for you reply though.