Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,053,582 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,053,582
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 59221–59240 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. 531Aussie said:

    I'm disappointed with myself that I've been unable to tap into and channel your hated of everyone into motivation to train hard and smash crunts.   I just KNOW you've got the hate in ya; I can sense it.    :-) Â

    Hate hate hate hate rah rah rar Hateeeeee. I do like your tv room setup but Fark knows how you can watch three things at once!!

  2. 531Aussie said:

    Me farkin Tiboshi lapping-top hard drive [censored] itself, so me old man's lent me a Toshiba Portege M500, which is ok, but slow as fark-all. Boo

    Time for a Samsung solid state drive and OS restore 😉 fark using antiquated technology with metal disks that spin at 7,200rpm and a wizzo arm that wobbles backwards and forwards like a record player stylus on crack.

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by swampy1970 [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Time for a Samsung solid state drive and OS restore [IMG]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] fark using antiquated technology with metal disks that spin at 7,200rpm and a wizzo arm that wobbles backwards and forwards like a record player stylus on crack.

    Yeah, I didn't know that until the other day. I used to throw mine around like it was a mobile phone, which could've been what killed it. :-)
    It'd be nice to get something super-new and fancy, but I'll probably be getting another freebie, refurbed Toshiba Tecra from my dad's old stash

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    I do like your tv room setup but Fark knows how you can watch three things at once!


    I usually have the sound off on the sports while I'm watching a 'real' show with the sound on

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Hate hate hate hate rah rah rar

    Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :-) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man
    Ha!

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by 531Aussie [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :-) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man
    Ha!


    Hate is a bit strong. You cant sustain hate. Hate is for the third from last corner when you NEED the wheel or are off the front. Hate every cnut you ever met in that moment. To sustain anything long term you need big love. Whatever the [censored] that is. I just posted from my couch with a magnum in my hand. So my idea of big love for bikes is minimal to non existent.

  7. Anyone watching "Tour de France: The Legend of the Race" on SBS?

  8. YES I AM!

  9. Thanks ma. Had jaws 2 on, checked in here, saw your post. I would have missed it otherwise

  10. 531Aussie said:

    Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :-) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man  Ha! Â

    Ace. A bloke I used to look up to as a bike rider used to say that. He reckoned I was a bit soft and used to say 'mate, you have to hate the [censored]'

  11. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by classic1 [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Thanks ma. Had jaws 2 on, checked in here, saw your post. I would have missed it otherwise

    Glad to have been of service.

    Am I the only one who finds the narration a tad irritating? The information is fascinating but the delivery is really starting to grate.

  12. So we upgraded our telly to watch [censored] from 1940!!??!

  13. Lama is only watching it for the old bikes

  14. gplama said:

    So we upgraded our telly to watch [censored] from 1940!!??!

    Just like going home to Horsham

  15. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by gplama [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    So we upgraded our telly to watch [censored] from 1940!!??!

    I am finding the old [censored] from 1940 quite interesting.

  16. It was the golden age of the sport that era and into the 50s

  17. How classy did Anquetil look? And Koblet earlier. Fark.

  18. Gah! What a horrible riding style Merckx has.

  19. Great position on the bike, but fought it constantly

  20. WTF is this "ploton" the narrator keeps rabbitting on about?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.