[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cyclingforums.com/content/type/61/id/294798/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
The Thread about Nothing....
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 29 July 2006
- Last activity
- 6 June 2025
- Original author
- Hitchy
- Posts
- 81171
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,053,571
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
-
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
So if anyone isn't up to speed, Total Rush in Richmond had a grand re-opening last night. Lots of people there. Including painted naked women. Which, in my opinion, was totally out of line. It isn't the 80s or 90s any more. Businesses can't get away with that [censored] any more. It won't be tolerated. It wasn't. It has turned into TitGate online. They've retracted all photos. People still have them and have gone off, well, their [censored], about them.
Crisis PR mode. (Yeah, they needed LamaPR). I hear there is a statement soon to be published on Psycoling Tips from TR.
I predict it will include the following:
- We apologise for our oversight in judgement. (initial apology)
- We did not mean to offend our customers/supporters. (secondary apology)
- We've removed all the photos ra ra ra ([censored] excuse of how they tried to cover their tracks)
- We've supported women's cycling and racing for x years with x $. (showing they care about women, no really, look, proof!)
- We raised x money for x charity last night. (misdirection of the core issue)
- Again we apologise again for any offence caused (closing apology)What is amazing is one of their sponsored riders (B O'D) is a very opinionated and direct character. She was there. She has been a little too accepting of the whole situation. Had it been another shop/sponsor I'm sure she'd have flown off her handle (and rightly so!) at TR.
In fact, I'd love to see a woman on their team take a stand and walk. I'd respect that a lot more than them bury their heads on this one and not bite the hand that feeds (but is also slapping them on the [censored] as they go by).
-
LamaPR TitGate Score Card:
Quote: - We apologise for our oversight in judgement. (initial apology)
- We raised x money for x charity last night. (misdirection of the core issue)“I apologise if we offended anybody. Part of this was to raise money for a children’s charity called Freedom Wheels [for] which we raised nearly $5k.â€
Quote: - We did not mean to offend our customers/supporters. (secondary apology)
“We got the idea from a Mercedes Benz AMG promo launch at Around the Bay that went well and didn’t offend anybody.â€
Simon continued by saying that “probably 30% of the people there were women†and that “nobody seemed to be offendedâ€.(Well, that was a surprise. I missed the boat on the "someone else did it, so it is ok" excuse! Crikey! )
Quote: - We've removed all the photos ra ra ra ([censored] excuse of how they tried to cover their tracks)
A photo of the models was published on the official Total Rush Twitter and Facebook accounts and while the photo was quickly deleted from those official accounts,
Quote: - We've supported women's cycling and racing for x years with x $. (showing they care about women, no really, look, proof!)
Last night’s incident arguably compromises the efforts Total Rush have put into the development of women’s cycling in recent years. In addition to organising regular shop rides for women, Total Rush also sponsors a women’s National Road Series team in conjunction with Hyster Forklifts. “We’re huge supporters of women’s cycling and didn’t mean for this to take away from that.â€
Quote: - Again we apologise again for any offence caused (closing apology)
No closing apology given. PR written and managed by a 3rd party, so it wasn't along the lines I thought. I was pretty farking close though! 🙂
In short, [censored] for a children's charity. Lovely.
-
Someone said on the radio that a lot of Richmond footballers hang out at Total Rush. Has it turned into a full-on la di latte di datte cafe? :-)
They probably sell more coffee than bike stuff. -
I are reminded of an kinda a "gag". When Mandela was released, a lot of people were expecting all hell to break loose, in that he'd really shake things up, etc, etc, like he more or less did before he was imprisoned. After he came out, he didn't exactly lead revolution-like demonstrations, and was very mild, by previous standards, etc, so someone eventually graffitied: "Free the real Nelson Mandela" ....unless it's an urban myth
:-) -
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by 531Aussie
Someone said on the radio that a lot of Richmond footballers hang out at Total Rush. Has it turned into a full-on la di latte di datte cafe? :-)
They probably sell more coffee than bike stuff.
They're actually top blokes. I've been in there a lot to get myself out of a pickle, parts wise, for something I've busted and need a quick-fix. I know a few of them more than the others. I honestly feel sorry for them copping the fall-out from any of this. They won't be the boys who made the call on it. Anyhow. The popcorn has run out. Making more.Friday is not the day to have a PR melt-down on social media. People are winding up for the week and are on the Internets casual surfing. It'll also now be the topic of conversation all weekend within social groups. Remember kids. PR nightmares are best off early in the week!
-
Footballer Harry O'Brien reverts to his original name: Heritier Lumumba
theage.com.auharry obrien no longer magpie to change surname to lumumba 20131206 2yw6v.htmlOpen ↗
-
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by 531Aussie
Oooh, babycyclingtips.com.autopless models for promotion is all publicity good publicityOpen ↗
The only winner there? CT's website hits/advertisers. YYuuuccckkkkkkk..... They're not only Today Tonight, they're TMZ now. -
ha! True :-)
-
Thanks for the Vag exit anniversary wishes, and again your artwork is most excellent Paul!
Today's other news event reminds me of a joke from Finchy on The Office (BBC version):
What's black and slides down Nelson's Column?
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Winnie Mandela.
-
Someone's in trouble. Aunty Deveny is onto you now. https://twitter.com/CatherineDeveny/status/408800480609853441/photo/1
-
“I apologise if we offended anybody. " The classic non-apology. Beautiful.
-
Im offended I wasn't invited. Storm in a C cup if you ask me.
-
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by classic1
Im offended I wasn't invited.
Storm in a C cup if you ask me.
Same [IMG]files.cyclingforums.comimpatient.pngOpen ↗[/IMG] -
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by gplama
So if anyone isn't up to speed, Total Rush in Richmond had a grand re-opening last night. Lots of people there. Including painted naked women. Which, in my opinion, was totally out of line. It isn't the 80s or 90s any more. Businesses can't get away with that [censored] any more. It won't be tolerated. It wasn't. It has turned into TitGate online. They've retracted all photos. People still have them and have gone off, well, their [censored], about them.Goddamnit, why don't I live in Melbourne? Yes yes yes out of line, etc. Photos or I'll never know if it was out of line, will I? Or links to photos even. Call it community service, God will store up treasures in heaven for you, I promise. Allah might even save some his remaining virgins in heaven for you. I'm not sure, but without photos I just.....
C'mon Lammie, puhlease?Ok, I should've scrolled down before I replied. Virgins in heaven for you all. Apparently.
And that's a B cup at best, btw, not that there's anything wrong with that. -
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by bbp
Goddamnit, why don't I live in Melbourne? Yes yes yes out of line, etc. Photos or I'll never know if it was out of line, will I? Or links to photos even. Call it community service, God will store up treasures in heaven for you, I promise. Allah might even save some his remaining virgins in heaven for you. I'm not sure, but without photos I just.....
C'mon Lammie, puhlease?
Go to dailylife.com.au dailylife.com.aubike store paints topless women with body paint sparks outrage 20131206 2yw56.htmlOpen ↗ -
There are links to photos on the CT article. I'd link to them... but I'm lazy. 🙂
-
Geez, Daily Life went over and above linking [censored], I was thinking that's good reporting until I realised it was just the same two photos over and again. [censored] reporting.
Still, I'm torn. Richie Porte in pink next year, or that lovely lass with the calves? Cadel will come first, in fact he might have already if he's been paying attention, but he probably won't manage the podium. But then he just might. Hmm, decisions, decisions.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 5 guests ·0 bots ·5 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.