Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81179 posts · 3,052,632 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81179
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,052,632
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 73121–73140 of 81179
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Fark that has done the rounds. $20k bike. First thing I'd do is strip it and dump the frame off a bridge, then the rest of the parts as they'd likely be equally as [censored]. Honestly. What makes this bike x2 that of a high end rig, and x5-6 times the price of what you'd need to race on...?

    Hang on a sec. That's mechanical. Not even electronic. lol. 20k is 18k too much.

  2. What about selling the frame overseas?

  3. The dopy skunt who took off with it looks like he wouldn't know an airport from an armpit.

    I jump to conclusions.

    Thinking more about it.... I've seen the Jetstar lines to Bali.

    Won't fetch much over there. 🙂

  4. Do Lightweights have serial numbers?

  5. Yeah, they match your postal address in Monaco. Because if you're riding those, you can afford a place there.

    Side story - Saw a smashed up set of LWs the other week. C/B Grade chick hit a pothole in a race with them. Gender aside. What the hell.

  6. It's got wannabe Dura Ace 4 arm cranks on. 18.5K over priced.

  7. I just built a pair of 28 spoke wheels with some Taiwanese hubs and kinlin aluminum 30mm rims. 1580gm without skewers, 1675gm with. Who needs farkin lightweights? Especially for c grade. Thats ksyrium elite territory for under $300. When I ride them it will be the 30kg spare tyre holding me back, not the wheels. Or maybe the wheels will hold me back when I start breaking spokes on the [censored] because my wheel building ability is [censored].

    The hubs spin nice and smooth and I reckon the rims aren't bad. They were round out of the box which is more than I can say for some mavic rims I've seen and they seem to have held up to all the tension I had to put on them on the drive side.

  8. 531Aussie said:


    "$20,000" Cipo stolen from Trak Cycles in Norwood. It was a custom order for the owner

    adelaidenow.com.austory fni6uo1m 1227568732628

    7-second video of the nicking

    facebook.com874907052606260

    Here's a photo of a fence, with a bike at the bottom

    [IMG]scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net11175013 789973571099609 898180840022399601 n.jpg[/IMG]

    Apparently they are good bikes. They'd want to be at the retarded prices they sell them for. [censored] that paint job looks like festering [censored].

  9. HA, I didn't notice the G.I. Joe paint job during the day. It's still not a bad looking bike

  10. It's on eBay in disguise already
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  11. lols. Even Giant look better than that pos.

  12. Camo paint because you want to be hard to identify while riding it :P

  13. Near enough.

    aliexpress.com1749385 32358103213.html

    US $692.00

  14. exactly

  15. Lolz. From last night's local rag
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  16. hahahahhhahaah

  17. This is interesting.
    smh.com.aurichest 1 per cent own half the worlds wealth report 20151015 gkaide.html
    I'm not exactly sure how that wealth is calculated, I mean I owe far more money to the gov't and banks than I have; but I do own a 19yo van, some 5+yo computers , a bunch of old bikes, a rented houseful of cheap furniture, with a backyard full of plumbing [censored]. Oh yeah, some decent tools too.
    But there's a chance I'm in the top 50% of the world's wealthiest still, with as little as AU$4.4k in assets. Surprising how easy it is to be in the top 1% worldwide with less than AU$1million in assets, let alone top 10%.

  18. hmm.
    Oh alright fine. It was 80s night againhere. There was better earlier, but we did end up here.


    I need to sleep.

  19. Mmm, custard.

  20. Bikes at the Kona Ironman. Jeez, Cervelo have really got their marketing wizardry entrenched in the tri-hardlete world. I suppose it's dominated by North American brands, hence all the Felts, Treks and Specializeds, along with the Cervelos. But only 4 Colnagos?

    • Cervelo: 522
    • Trek: 275
    • Specialized: 218
    • Felt: 153
    • Argon 18: 101
    • BMC: 93
    • Scott: 88
    • Quintana Roo: 81
    • Cannondale: 76
    • Ceepo: 74
    • Giant: 54
    • Canyon: 51
    • Dimond: 33
    • Orbea: 31
    • Kuota: 28
    • Fuji: 23
    • Kestrel: 22
    • Planet X: 21
    • Guru: 20
    • LOOK: 15
    • Boardmann: 14
    • Cube: 13
    • Merida: 13
    • Ridley: 11
    • Blue: 11
    • Parlee: 11
    • Pinarello: 10
    • Serotta: 10
    • Focus: 9
    • Falco: 7
    • Garneau: 7
    • Willier: 7
    • Boma: 5
    • Ventum: 4
    • Litespeed: 4
    • Isaac: 4
    • Corratec: 4
    • BH: 4
    • Colnago: 4

    More:

    roadbikereview.comcervelo zipp shimano dominate kona bike and gear count

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.