roshea said:That's one I love, but it's a shame you're ignoring the whole Mariachi Does Morrissey genre there! There are at least 3 bands specialising in this, here's some examples 🙂
5
Oh yeah.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
roshea said:That's one I love, but it's a shame you're ignoring the whole Mariachi Does Morrissey genre there! There are at least 3 bands specialising in this, here's some examples 🙂
5
Oh yeah.
Holy [censored]. Do NOT leave chicken and corn soup in your thermos for two weeks. If it hadn't been so hard to undo the lid that it bounced off my chest it would have taken my head off. Unfortunately I may never find that silicon rubber seal again. Instant vom material. OMG.
Bwahahaha.
A rellie of mine that runs a pest extermination business had a call from a teenage girl who wanted some assistance in cleaning out her bedroom which was now maggot riddled after leaving a plate of food under her bed before they went away on holidays. She wanted to pay in cash and keep it on the down-low so her parents didn't find out
Classic1 learnded a new word today.
Multi-passionate.
Classic1 didn't know what this meant. He could only guess what it meant, so he googled that [censored]. And [censored] it was. It was even more [censored] than he initially thought, and he thought it was going to be majorly [censored] from the get go.
Essentially what it means is that deluded people - they tend to be women with some edumedication but no grasp of reality who no longer have husbands and have a snot nose brat in tow which gives them about $400 a fortnight in child support payment - think they can have it all and feel hard done by because they aren't millionaires because their multiple [censored] business ideas haven't taken off. Mainly because they are all over the shop and won't actually focus on one thing. Or even get off their [censored] and get started because talking about it on Faceblurt or twatter is apparently a job where you can now make money supposedly. Or because selling home made dimmies and cakes out of the boot of your car or talking [censored] on social media might make you feel special and feel like an expert but isn't really a good business plan because Maggie Beer and Mia Freedman have already cornered the cakes and talking [censored] on the interwebs market.
Here is the deal. Life sucks. Most of us have to work for the man and suck a fat one all day every day, or we slave in business and are our own boss but get stressed and ground down by the day to day stresses of running that business. That's life. A lucky few ace it and love it and good for them. Not everyone can be that fortunate.
You can't have it all [censored]. Go down the traditional route and focus on one thing and be [censored] good at it. Look up the 10000 hour rule. Or accept reality. Or marry a rich [censored]. The end.
For more tips on life, please go to my blog classic1tellsyouhowitis.wordpress.com. Here you'll find lots of empowering memes containing deep messages like 'get a [censored] grip on reality', 'you aren't that [censored] special', 'where are the clean undies?', 'where's my dinner?' and 'toss my salad, take my load on your face and learn to like it'.
Marketing and self-help are clearly my forte. As a self-acclaimed and self-acknowledged self-help guru I of course accept PayPal and all major credit cards as I want to self-help myself to your money. Possibly while self-abusing.
bbp said:Holy [censored]. Do NOT leave chicken and corn soup in your thermos for two weeks. If it hadn't been so hard to undo the lid that it bounced off my chest it would have taken my head off. Unfortunately I may never find that silicon rubber seal again. Instant vom material. OMG.
Ground control to major Tom, commencing countdown, engines on.
62vette said:Bwahahaha.
A rellie of mine that runs a pest extermination business had a call from a teenage girl who wanted some assistance in cleaning out her bedroom which was now maggot riddled after leaving a plate of food under her bed before they went away on holidays. She wanted to pay in cash and keep it on the down-low so her parents didn't find out
That's ace. I reckon an echidna would sort that out in no time
How have we coped without my monthly weather summaries? I know I haven't 😄
It seems as though January in Melbourne was cooler than average, but was it? 🙂
.....................JAN 2016.........160-year averages
............Ave high: 26................26
............Ave low: 16.7..............14.3
Days over 30C: 6...................7.8
Days over 35C: 3...................3.6
Days over 40C 1....................0.7
531Aussie said:How have we coped without my monthly weather summaries? I know I haven't 😄
It seems as though January in Melbourne was cooler than average, but was it? 🙂
.....................JAN 2016.........160-year averages
............Ave high: 26................26
............Ave low: 16.7..............14.3
Days over 30C: 6...................7.8
Days over 35C: 3...................3.6
Days over 40C 1....................0.7
Lets hope Feb is a lot hotter than Jan. I've been struggling to string more than 2 days in a row of riding to work (rain allergy). Also too many days of a northerly in the morn and a bloody southerly in the evening, 50ks of headwinds each farkin way.
Ha! Work from home like I do and go for an out and back ride that gives you a tail wind home (or the opposite if you are feeling evil). This doesn't work if it's straight onshore though
Motorised doping tested in a race - a bit of a mini-doco. I wish I understood the language!
Sun tour highlights on 9
92, even 🙂
62vette said:Ha! Work from home like I do and go for an out and back ride that gives you a tail wind home (or the opposite if you are feeling evil). This doesn't work if it's straight onshore though
I did for a few years, but found I got fat and lazy when I had too much time on my hands to train 🙁
I work from home too. It's awesome during winter as I have enough flexibility to do most of my rides in the middle of the day when the temperature has risen to double digits.
I actually shed weight when I started working from home. My old job involved a lot of travel I and ate out every lunch time and often for dinner too. I was far from fat but I did get to the point that I was 10kg heavier than my current weight.
I can relate to the lazy bit at the moment. I'm nearing the end of two big (for me) weeks of training and I just can't be stuffed working, mowing, painting, spraying weeds, getting the coupe and boat going etc.. Some how I still have the energy to browse this thread.
cheetahmk7 said:I work from home too. It's awesome during winter as I have enough flexibility to do most of my rides in the middle of the day when the temperature has risen to double digits.
.
Grouse
Even though I work from home I find myself riding early morning or in the evening to fit in with the various groups I ride with and my work schedule. Frosty winter mornings are a challenge
roshea said:Motorised doping tested in a race - a bit of a mini-doco. I wish I understood the language!
All I could understand was "150watts". And I got a thickening in the man-sossy when I saw that bloke's workshop. Especially the electric bike work-stand.
Yes I often do the early morning thing too. I often have to get my ride in before my wife goes on call for the hospital at 8:00am, or if my work is too busy.
Oh for a group ride! The only group rides here consist of very nice people but because they all come from a multisport background or are new to riding they are all over the shop and are just far too slow to provide me with any worthwhile training. I'm planning to run some skill sessions and put on some handicaps too.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 86 guests ·0 bots ·86 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.