Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,053,256 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,053,256
Views / 30 days
9,983
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 73981–74000 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. matagi said:

    Bah! I'm a girl - why for would I be going gaga over a shed?

    As far as I'm concerned, a shed is where you put your tools (preferably on a pin board with painted outlines for each item) and you have a killer workbench with serious vise. Anything else is garnish.

    Pffftttt pinboards! Kaizen foam thank you very much! :p

  2. 12 metres by 24 metres plus 96 square metre mezzanine.

    Because size mattars. :-p

  3. Unfortunate headline in these enlightened times.

    http://www.heraldsuntour.com.au/caleb-ewan-motors-home-in-moe.html

  4. Just got off the phone from Dirty, got a bit jealous when I passed the phone over to the Fartographer and he made her laugh so well so quickly. But she just gave me some gold, and told me that from her perspective he loves and respects me. I instantly got tears in my eyes. He's a longterm adored friend, and I guess I'd never realised how much it might be reciprocated. Although I did smile watching him flirt with my mum a couple of times years ago.

    Ok. Many people have asked what was my highlight in Tas, and expressed horror that I didn't get to Mona, but one of the highlights was Mt Field NP. It starts at a pretty benign 100m campground, my first Tassie platypus within minutes, but it goes up from there on a 16km dirt road. So good. At about 1000m there are some amazing Gov't huts, for $55 per night, 6 per hut, they're amazing. There's skiing further up, but I really want to be there for my birthday late September this year, as the seasons turn, hopefully some snow still on the ground on the Wombat Moor if not on the holy [censored] Pandani Grove.
    You're all invited. There's 6 huts for 6 each, with firewood provided. Gold.

  5. And I'd post photos but my card reader's not playing ball tonight, not to mention the fact that knowing I only had one battery, and no 12V charger for it, I was taking a photo then turning the camera back off instantly, and all those photos were simply not saved on the SD card. That sucks. Maybe 2/3 of them, the best of them, are just not there.
    Eh, next time.

  6. iPhone photos then. They're not in order. But they're there. And they're all Tassie ones. Actually no, there's a little bit Melburn, and the Vic coast too.

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 1Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 2Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 3Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 4Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 5Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 6Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 7Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 8Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 9Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 10Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 11Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 12Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 13Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 14Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 15Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 16Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 17Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 18Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 19Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 20Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 21Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 22
  7. Nearly home now.

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 1Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 2Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 3
  8. Oh yeah, the Pandani Grove at 1100m on the edge of an alpine lake at Mt Field. Nice. Lots of other walks to tarns and moors too. [ATTACH=full]1334[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  9. I've neglected to mention how much I loved the Tarkine too. Fantastic. I was surprised at the flora, or lack of it, or at least wet and wild flora like I'd expected, but it was still amazing. Every hill you crested gave a different valley dominated by a different species in a subtle way. Stunning. All burnt out now of course, so maybe try it in a year or two?

  10. You could celebrate your birthday a bit earlier and come down to Dark Mofo for the Winter Solstice Nude Swim. :-p

  11. http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/herald-sun-tour-2016/stage-3/results/

    The editing at cyclingnews is terrible. Apparently yesterdays stage finished at Leongatha and Kathy Watt is from Wonthaggi.

    Is see better editing in drunken TAN posts than I do at cyclingnews.

    I emailed them. Let's see if they fix it.

  12. They fixed it.

    What happened with kennaugh and the avanti rider at the end of the last stage?

  13. I bet he had words. Cooper pretty much dictated the swapping of yellow jersey. lols.

  14. Got it wrong.

    Here's ya story Classo.

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/herald-sun-tour-stage-4-peter-kennaugh-chris-froome-lead-team-sky-on-final-stage/news-story/db1b3213ac36abdd76801b8a931cfffe

    No surprises. Thug life in the peloton. I won't stick up for Shawy. Wasn't his place to comment on anything anyway.

  15. Pat Shaw is one of the biggest cockheads Australian cycling has ever produced.

  16. VadarStrikesBack said:

    Pat Shaw is one of the biggest cockheads Australian cycling has ever produced.

    haha who else would have it been!

  17. VadarStrikesBack said:

    Pat Shaw is one of the biggest cockheads Australian cycling has ever produced.

    Wouldn't even be top ten

  18. classic1 said:

    Wouldn't even be top ten

    That is disturbing.

    Name your top ten.

  19. VadarStrikesBack said:

    That is disturbing.

    Name your top ten.

    No, because a couple , even though they are cockheads, I'm friendly with. His grandfather would be in there, was batshit insane. His dad's an ok bloke though.

  20. I wonder if Ciavola makes your top ten.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.