Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,054,491 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,054,491
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 74021–74040 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. classic1 said:

    Classic1's analysis.

    STFU Kennaugh you [censored]. What a [censored] princess. Good work by Shaw.

    You could get a gig on The Bolt Report with in depth quality analysis like this.

  2. It's clear the left are behind it all and it's also clear kennaugh is an illigal refugee aboriginal welfare recipient with a sense of entitlement. Also, the world hasn't heated up for 18 years

    The white mans burden is hard to shoulder you know.

  3. Interesting one.....

    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/truck-driver-presumed-dead-in-fiery-fatal-crash-alive-20160210-gmqrxx.html

  4. steve said:

    Your old man would have probably raced against Dennis Shaw yeah? he went alright in the 70s and 80s. I remember the family was quite polarising in the Ballarat scene. I'm pretty sure even as a 12 year old Pat would have out sledged a cricketer!

    Interestingly I met Pat's older brother a few times though work a few years ago, seemed like a top bloke, even though I can't remember his name 😕 anyway he's the complete opposite to how I remembered Pat. His kid was going OK on the track at the time too, U19 world champ in the kilo or something. They obviously have some good genes in the family.


    Asked dad. They raced one another as juniors then in the pros.

    Dennis beat dad in a country title . Dad reckons a car was on the circuit coming around the last corner for the sprint and it cost him lengths . Dennis got a better run and beat him by inches . The old man is still [censored] on it ahahahaha

    Can understand it though. Dad was a bit of a freak as a junior, state road champion and he rarely lost a sprint. I'm also of the opinion (and a few old school dudes would agree) he was the fastest road sprinter in the country in 86-87.

    I saw him beat Fairless in a combine at yarram when Fairless had wraps on him as a fast sprinter. Dad creamed him, even after leading the chase of the break and Fairless having tried to take a sling off him in the last 100m

  5. gplama said:

    Interesting one.....

    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/truck-driver-presumed-dead-in-fiery-fatal-crash-alive-20160210-gmqrxx.html

    I thought it was odd when the news first broke - if they find a body in one fiery wreck but not the other, it's a fair bet he's done a runner!

    Meanwhile, South Australia, beautiful one day, dead in a plastic barrel the next.
    http://www.theage.com.au/national/female-backpackers-escape-alleged-kidnapping-and-murder-in-south-australian-bush-20160210-gmqnbc.html

  6. My wife and I camped at Salt Creek a couple of years back... only we stayed in the campground rather than in the dunes like the girls and Captain Creepy.

    Fark me - I'm not sure I would go camping with someone I just met. In a remote area. In a foreign land. Salt Creek turns Wolf Creek.

  7. I reckon the story is sus.

  8. Movvvfffiieeee Review (well TV shows)

    New X-Files. Ace. They'll need to investigate what alien substance has been used on Dana Scully's face. It doesn't move. It lacks plasticity. That's some Area 51 [censored] right there. 4/5

    "Making a Murderer" - Netflix series. Great watch. Total feeling of helplessness towards those involved for pretty much the whole 10 episodes. EPIC twists. Don't Google or Wiki the case if you want to watch it. Best left to the show. Wiki it after you've watched. 8/10. (Because the last two episodes are potato boring... but they're required). Watch it.

  9. Oh yeah, don't be poor or uneducated in America... you're [censored] if you're ever accused of something. I give Making a Murderer 9/10 (+1 on your score Lama, 'cos I thought the last two episodes were compelling). After watching Making A Murderer, listen to the two Generation Why podcasts on Avery.

    Is anyone following the Adnan Syed case?

  10. Ace. Downloading now. I reckon he did it after reading a few more titbits from the wiki page. Thing is. How. Where. When.

    Haven't pull down Serial yet. Not sure if I'll invest into it. Everyone is raving about it.

  11. gplama said:

    Movvvfffiieeee Review (well TV shows)

    New X-Files. Ace. They'll need to investigate what alien substance has been used on Dana Scully's face. It doesn't move. It lacks plasticity. That's some Area 51 [censored] right there. 4/5
    .

    It's classic1's gunk

  12. Here's one from Victoria I think?
    I call it LegoSaint.
    It has many corollaries.
    [ATTACH=full]1368[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  13. The second longest silt jetty in the world.
    [ATTACH=full]1369[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  14. The Snowy River estuary was a special spot. I'll be back there again. One of those long trips, up and over, maybe a detour across the Deddick for some brumbies, but definitely there, for a couple of days.
    [ATTACH=full]1370[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  15. bbp said:

    The second longest silt jetty in the world.
    [ATTACH=full]1369[/ATTACH]


    I told you that you bumbag

  16. It's nice.
    [ATTACH=full]1371[/ATTACH]
    I liked Cape Conran too.
    [ATTACH=full]1372[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=full]1373[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 1Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 2Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 3
  17. All very close to each other.
    [ATTACH=full]1374[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1375[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1376[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 1Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 2Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 3
  18. classic1 said:

    I told you that you bumbag


    Yep. Amazing.

  19. Banksias [censored] everywhere.
    Ruling that valley. Or ridge or whatever it was.
    It was banksias.
    [ATTACH=full]1377[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  20. Old Coast Rd and Bemm River.
    [ATTACH=full]1378[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1379[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1380[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1381[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1382[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1383[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1384[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 1Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 2Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 3Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 4Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 5Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 6Image attached to The Thread about Nothing...., item 7

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.