Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,054,491 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,054,491
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 74001–74020 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. No. On account of being dead.

    Heard of him doing cockhead things but he'd always be friendly to the old man. Didn't know him myself

  2. Nice pics of your trip beepers. Thanks for sharing a few.

    Anyone got any opinions on wiggles 'cosine' wheels?

  3. Yeah,. funny.

    Plenty of anger at end of @HeraldSunTour Sky's Kennaugh accuses Avanti's Pat Shaw of calling him a [censored]... Avanti say Kennaugh nasty all week

    i bought some cranks off the father of either Pat Shaw or Pat Lane -- I can't remember which -- and he seemed like a good guy. He's short, and was working part-time at a women's refuge on Dandenong Rd.

  4. Vadar u [censored]. Why can't I send you an abusive PM?

  5. classic1 said:

    Vadar u [censored]. Why can't I send you an abusive PM?


    How the [censored] should I know? Because you dont know how to hit send?

  6. It may have been the foul language in the pm header. Maybe

  7. Fark my ears are still ringing like a motherf##ker and face still feeling like it spent a bit of time on a bbq during Fuel, but the Metallica show at AT&T, home of the San Francisco Giants baseball team, was incredible.

    If there's any Metallica fans in here, here's the link to the show that was streamed live. 2 1/2 hours of fun.

    The show starts at 14 minutes in.

  8. Nah. I'm watching the chant of unforgiven inglorious berstard blacksmith and the holy grail.

    It [censored] me when there's four good movies on at the same time. Fortunately I'm male so am capable of watching four shows at once

  9. Geez Pat Shaw is copping a reality hit on social tonight.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBeqdxvpS6Z/

    http://cyclingtips.com/2016/02/chris-froome-wins-the-sun-tour-with-final-stage-victory-on-arthurs-seat/

    ra ra ra.... raaaaaa

  10. Thanks

  11. Got the fixed wheel bike running. [censored] pic, but you get the idea[ATTACH=full]1341[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  12. Not bad. It just needs lots of fake stickers :p

    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  13. gplama said:

    Geez Pat Shaw is copping a reality hit on social tonight.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBeqdxvpS6Z/

    http://cyclingtips.com/2016/02/chris-froome-wins-the-sun-tour-with-final-stage-victory-on-arthurs-seat/

    ra ra ra.... raaaaaa

    Classic1's analysis.

    STFU Kennaugh you [censored]. What a [censored] princess. Good work by Shaw. Excellent head [censored] and quality sledging. Much better than the sledges cricketers come out with these days.

    Also, Kennaugh is lucky he didn't get a smack in the mouth for manhandling Shaw like that. If he was [censored] he should have fronted him later instead of moaning in the media and making a show in front of the finish line.

  14. 531Aussie said:

    Not bad. It just needs lots of fake stickers :p

    Image in The Thread about Nothing....


    Lol.

    It's a Hillman frame .Their stickers were ugly. I'll think I'll leave it nood.

    The original paint was a metallic burgundy or wine red, sort of like that Saronni red colnago colour, with a horrible silver mesh on it. Like an 80s colnago. Except more [censored]

  15. Like this. I think mine was done with chicken wire though. I'm not joking
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  16. Ha, chicken wire., Yeah, Hillman always had the [censored] stickers, and still have, going by the last time I looked.

  17. classic1 said:

    Classic1's analysis.

    STFU Kennaugh you [censored]. What a [censored] princess. Good work by Shaw. Excellent head [censored] and quality sledging. Much better than the sledges cricketers come out with these days.

    Also, Kennaugh is lucky he didn't get a smack in the mouth for manhandling Shaw like that. If he was [censored] he should have fronted him later instead of moaning in the media and making a show in front of the finish line.

    Your old man would have probably raced against Dennis Shaw yeah? he went alright in the 70s and 80s. I remember the family was quite polarising in the Ballarat scene. I'm pretty sure even as a 12 year old Pat would have out sledged a cricketer!

    Interestingly I met Pat's older brother a few times though work a few years ago, seemed like a top bloke, even though I can't remember his name 😕 anyway he's the complete opposite to how I remembered Pat. His kid was going OK on the track at the time too, U19 world champ in the kilo or something. They obviously have some good genes in the family.

  18. Hey Beepers,

    we didn't make it so far East on the weekend. Went to Cape Liptrap then headed north to Omeo and home yesterday over Mount Hotham.

    Cape Liptrap
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

    Sunset over Wilson's Prom
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

    Tambo River near Omeo
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

    Over the top...
    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  19. As of next Sunday I will be the last of my siblings aged under 60. Makes you feel a bit like an old cnut

  20. steve said:

    Your old man would have probably raced against Dennis Shaw yeah? he went alright in the 70s and 80s. I remember the family was quite polarising in the Ballarat scene. I'm pretty sure even as a 12 year old Pat would have out sledged a cricketer!

    Interestingly I met Pat's older brother a few times though work a few years ago, seemed like a top bloke, even though I can't remember his name 😕 anyway he's the complete opposite to how I remembered Pat. His kid was going OK on the track at the time too, U19 world champ in the kilo or something. They obviously have some good genes in the family.


    Dad raced mostly track as a pro and had a few gaps due to family committments and injuries. I think Dennis mostly raced road. Dad only really raced pro road opens his last few seasons, 85-87. Dunno they would have crossed wheels often

    Shaw and dad have a mutual friend they are both really close mates with.

    I don't really know Dennis but seems like an ok bloke. Had him on my list on FB when I was on it.

    The kid would have been Zac. Absolute freak bike rider apparently but he's had a gutful of cycling or something. Google him, ul find articles on him

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.