Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81179 posts · 3,052,573 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81179
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,052,573
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 79241–79260 of 81179
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Oh for [censored]'s sake. What's with the cross back to the studio with a vacuous discussion about nothing with Bridie?

  2. What a little [censored] [censored].
    [ATTACH=full]4722[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....

  3. paulambry said:

    Oh for [censored]'s sake. What's with the cross back to the studio with a vacuous discussion about nothing with Bridie?


    Don't show us ya [censored]

  4. That was boring.

    Here we are now, entertain us.

  5. Stop looking at my mum like that.

    paulambry said:

    Oh for [censored]'s sake. What's with the cross back to the studio with a vacuous discussion about nothing with Bridie?


    I do like like Dr. Bridie's voice though.
    I mean if I could combine the Fartographer's body with Dr. Bridie's brain.
    Come to to think of it, maybe a tad of Robbie McEwen too.
    Mmm. Magic.

  6. Go girl.



  7. This one's for the win
    as the kiddies would say.


  8. classic1 said:

    That was boring.

    Here we are now, entertain us.


    Yes, that was a bit dull.

  9. paulambry said:

    But think of the excellent diversity we enjoy having the states and territories... like the marvellous variety in rail gauges. That's been a real winner for over a hundred years.

    Dont even get me started Paul. Dont even get me riled up. I mean seriously don't even go there. I mean....

    The border closures due to Covid19 is a national disgrace and there is no current medical argument for any of it.

    The political gamesmanship being played throughout 2020 so far is unforgivable and pathetic.

    The conduct of the various state government absolutely highlights their irrelevance in a 21st century economy. Complete lack of ability to effectively collaborate during a critical incident of national importance only reinforces the need to move away from Federation towards a direct democracy without borders.

    When this is all over we will absolutely study the public policy failure across state lines and the general failure of public policy execution from the various state agencies including the NSW Police.

    Of course I suspect no one will lose there job, everyone will forget it all happened and nothing will change because we "cant be bothered". I hate the right wing [censored] in this country, I hate the left wing [censored] in this country and I feel very alone standing somewhere in the middle.

    At this point knowing what we now know about the virus I fully support any and all class actions against Victorian, NSW and Queensland State Governments in particular.

    This country is weak as [censored] and the woke folk have gone totally bananas at this point.

  10. [ATTACH=full]4723[/ATTACH]

    Pic turned up on faceaids today, posted by a mate of dads. Dad and my sister messaged it through, I’d never seen it before. That is the second pic this week.

    Me, second wheel in the red and white, Melbourne to Ballarat, bottom of the Pentlands, I reckon just past Bacchus Marsh. Not sure but I think it’s 1989, but it may be 1990, so I’m either a last year junior or first year senior. Second scratch bunch.

    If it’s 1989 (Which I’m pretty sure it is) I won my grade prize, jumped away 1km to go. It it’s 1990 I got knocked off in the bunch sprint and did ace cartwheels down the road, broke a brake lever and should have gone to hospital for stitches. Dad actually gave me back the odd, unbroken lever about a month ago! Didn’t catch the limit riders either year, although in 1990 only six of us got over the pentlands and we rode through nearly the whole field before scratch caught us on the last lap of the finish circuit. I think the race came in through Bunniyong and finished at Sebastopol. I don’t mind saying, I was [censored] flying that day in 1990 and dead set spewing when I fell as would probably have won the bunch sprint. Distinctly remember catching bunch after bunch, we caught a big group on a drag, spread across the road in an echelon. The blokes in my group pushed up the sheltered side. I just rode up to the front in the wind. You don’t have many days like that.

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  11. Good pic, classic! Are you smiling??
    Loving the old leather hair nets too.

  12. No smiling. Was a hard day. Both years mentioned it was 5c at the start and maximum 9c in Ballarat. Rained on and off, bit of hail, wind. I know one bloke got hyperthermia, skinny junior from Shepparton who normally went good. Cold part of the world up from Bacchus Marsh to Ballarat.

    Having said that, the dude in the leg warmers was from down this way. I told him not to wear them, they were Roubaix type thermals. He overheated and got dropped before we got much further up the Pentlands.

  13. VadarStrikesBack said:

    Dont even get me started Paul. Dont even get me riled up. I mean seriously don't even go there. I mean....

    Murray-Darling water management.

  14. Great pic. Great story Classic. Geez that's a tough ride. I haven't raced it (I mean, as if I ever would), but I have ridden up and back, and the westerlies are an abomination up the Pentlands. Chapeau to anyone who's done the Melbourne to Ballarat.

  15. classic1 said:

    Don't show us ya [censored]


    I will. I've grown a splendid set of man [censored] since the rona began. I walk 30meters to my office, sit on my [censored] all day, then walk back to the house for dinner. I reckon the rona will kill old farts like me, without even catching the virus.

  16. [ATTACH=full]4724[/ATTACH] Bit more foliage there these days.

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  17. In which I lose my favourite tripod through being a numpty, and discover that, if one cuts one’s own hair without the aid of duelling mirrors, one stands a fair chance of ending up with an unintentional stupid tribute to a rat-tail at the back, of which one remains blissfully unaware...


    View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olwVZo3K_v0

  18. classic1 said:

    [ATTACH=full]4723[/ATTACH]

    Pic turned up on faceaids today, posted by a mate of dads. Dad and my sister messaged it through, I’d never seen it before. That is the second pic this week.

    Me, second wheel in the red and white, Melbourne to Ballarat, bottom of the Pentlands, I reckon just past Bacchus Marsh. Not sure but I think it’s 1989, but it may be 1990, so I’m either a last year junior or first year senior. Second scratch bunch.

    If it’s 1989 (Which I’m pretty sure it is) I won my grade prize, jumped away 1km to go. It it’s 1990 I got knocked off in the bunch sprint and did ace cartwheels down the road, broke a brake lever and should have gone to hospital for stitches. Dad actually gave me back the odd, unbroken lever about a month ago! Didn’t catch the limit riders either year, although in 1990 only six of us got over the pentlands and we rode through nearly the whole field before scratch caught us on the last lap of the finish circuit. I think the race came in through Bunniyong and finished at Sebastopol. I don’t mind saying, I was [censored] flying that day in 1990 and dead set spewing when I fell as would probably have won the bunch sprint. Distinctly remember catching bunch after bunch, we caught a big group on a drag, spread across the road in an echelon. The blokes in my group pushed up the sheltered side. I just rode up to the front in the wind. You don’t have many days like that.

    Checkout the goggles on the bloke in front. My missus reckons you were hot stuff back in 1989 so there you go Classic.

    Thanks for sharing great stuff 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.