Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,053,338 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,053,338
Views / 30 days
10,065
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 17601–17620 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. pshaw said:

    ...makes me go squirrley!


    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAA. I'm gonna put that on a t-shirt and sell millions

  2. classic1 said:

    Not going away now coz the weather is gonna be [censored] so its not worth it🙁 , but I get to play with my new Cross-Check. Its grouse!😄

    Good job on the new bike classic. You're not half doing a job on fitting it out either. I rekon I should have got one of those myself. Might have held up to the roads out here at least. 🙁

  3. Any of you old timers got the oil on any of the internationals coming over for the WMTC? cyclingmasters.com.austartlist worldmasters.pdf

  4. What division are you Jock?

    I'll tell you what I know or think I know.🙄 I've left off a few blokes like Peter Verhoeven, Ollie and Geoff Stocker who you probably know about.

    I know Michael Aisbett was an ex-AIS teams pursuiter and may have won a couple of Aussie track titles.
    Matt Bazzano ex-Aussie road champ and Commonwealth Bank Classic winner
    Geoff Cooke (UK) ex UK pro IIRC
    Vic Copeland (USA) farkin animal, even at 65!!!!
    Chris Hunt (Aus) ex-pro, former Aust Hour record holder, 2nd in Sun Tour, UCI master silver last year, most obnoxious person you'll probably ever meet, mate of mine:p
    Gary Jackson (Aus) handy masters performer, fairly slippery (from down my way). Nice bloke, posts here in the track forum as jack-o. Can sell you exotic track stuff if you need it. 🙂
    John Kennedy (Aus) - former world pro 200m record holder
    Dave Le Grys (UK) former pommie pro sprint champion
    Dave Mann :eek: (USA) - Actually a pom. Was no 1 US pro for a number of years in the 1990's - dominated. Won a Sun Tour. Farkin animal- I would literally [censored] myself and cry like a little girl if I had to race him.:p
    Hilton McMurdo (Aus) ex UK pro. Still pwns in crits against all comers in WA
    Dr Paul Needham (NZ) don't know anything about him but he's a doctor so probably has access to good drugs.
    Leon Sims (Aus) handy ex-aussie pro. Clever rider.
    Russell Tucker (Aus) - Kenricks bro. Pretty good IIRC but I don't think he was a match sprinter like his brother.
    Gavin White (Aus) good sprinter. Won an Aussie team sprint title with Kelly and Neiwand. Very lucky to beat classic1 in a gold medal ride off in a Vic country u14 sprint title one year.:p Will struggle in anything further than 1km but very quick if hes on form.
    I also suspect that Haedo bloke is JJ Haedos father and used to dominate the track in Argentina.

  5. badsac said:

    Good job on the new bike classic. You're not half doing a job on fitting it out either. I rekon I should have got one of those myself. Might have held up to the roads out here at least. 🙁


    Yeah, plenty of old gear lying around, which is handy. Enough to build another bike if I wanted.

  6. classic1 said:

    What division are you Jock?

    3. Only my mediocrity can keep me from whuppin their collective asses!

    I did a really crapp ITT against Gavin White last week, lost by 1.5 sec and he recorded a slow time. I have so much work to do over the next two years :eek:

    And thanks for the pre-worlds realty check. Gunna join us next year?

  7. 52 points at half time.

    Whitewash anyone?

  8. worst GF ever.

  9. I now have 63 330ml stubbies of Bock doing their thing in the bottom of my hot water cupboard 🙂

    I tasted it (as you do) and even uncarbonated and warm it is miles better than the last lot 😉 I can't wait till it's ready to drink now

  10. classic1 said:

    worst GF ever.


    What was her name?😄

    Seriously though, [censored], [censored] boring footy match.

  11. Jono L said:

    What was her name?😄

    Seriously though, [censored], [censored] boring footy match.

    Yeah, port was pwnd! 🙂

  12. Jono L said:

    What was her name?😄

    Seriously though, [censored], [censored] boring footy match.


    Her name was (insert your mums name here).

    Craptaculer game. Disappointing after whats been a pretty good finals series. Biggest victory in a grand final ever apparently. I suppose we've been spoilt the last few years after 20 years of [censored] GFs. 2002 (except for the result IMO), 2005 and 2006 were all great games, and 04 wasn't bad until the last quarter.

  13. classic1 said:

    **lots of info on veteran riders**.

    jeez, good wrap up! Impressive. You could get a gig commentating with Matt Keenan 🙂

  14. As a kid who grew up as a Cats supporter, it was nice to see them come 360 from when I was a kid where it seemed they could do nothing right and went from season to season flumbling around like a bunch of teenagers in the back seat of a car.

  15. Well the beebs had a very pleasant birthday with all parties having an enjoyable bbq and stuff. Oops, talking in the third person again, it's a bad sign. The bank even rang up again to wish me happy birthday and were eventually talked into refunding me $30 out of their $eleventy billion profit.
    If anyone needs a feed over the next few days there'll be barbies here for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    A pair of Crossmarks should arrive here next week, St Ives Cycles has the LUST ones for $45 each which is a pretty screaming hot deal, with decent postage too.
    Dammit I've just realized that the Scott clashes with the date of this big birthday bash I've been studiously rehearsing for, looks like my professional singing debut is going on hold yet again 😎

    Congrats Geelong, having grown up in Adelaide it was great to see Port get schooled 😄

    Classic that was a great rundown of the Masters field. On the basis of that I've managed to convince Keirin to come along and see her first keirin, or bike race full stop for that matter. What day are you racing Jock? We'll come along and offer you some encouragement.

  16. bbp said:

    Congrats Geelong, having grown up in Adelaide it was great to see Port get schooled 😄

    Best part was Roy and HG's commentary. Hilarious.

    Well, off to the Sunny northern beaches of Cairns tomorrow:
    CAIRNS
    Fine. Moderate SE to E winds.High fire danger.
    MIN 20 MAX 30
    [font=courier]for 10 days. Packed the bike, ready to go!
    [/font]

  17. Great news that Geelong won. THey came close so many times over the years and have finally done it. I grew up in Geelong and now live in Adelaide so thank god the Cats won otherwise Port supporters would be everywhere!!

  18. bbp said:

    Well the beebs had a very pleasant birthday with all parties having an enjoyable bbq and stuff. Oops, talking in the third person again, it's a bad sign. The bank even rang up again to wish me happy birthday and were eventually talked into refunding me $30 out of their $eleventy billion profit.
    If anyone needs a feed over the next few days there'll be barbies here for breakfast, lunch and dinner.


    Happy birthday to you! 🙂

    Pass on the leftover barbie offer - we'll be hoeing through the stuff down here in Queanbeyan where we had one to celebrate my mum's birthday. Anyone like trifle? There's enough of it here to feed a small army! :eek:

    So do we reckon it's going to be a southern clean sweep through the football codes? Will the Storm manage to do it this year?

  19. matagi said:

    Happy birthday to you! 🙂

    Pass on the leftover barbie offer - we'll be hoeing through the stuff down here in Queanbeyan where we had one to celebrate my mum's birthday. Anyone like trifle? There's enough of it here to feed a small army! :eek:

    So do we reckon it's going to be a southern clean sweep through the football codes? Will the Storm manage to do it this year?


    What is 'Storm'? Its raining here at the moment but the worst of the weather passed last night.:p

  20. classic1 said:

    What is 'Storm'? Its raining here at the moment but the worst of the weather passed last night.:p


    Well I always thought "Storm" had something to do with seriously inclement weather, but up here in NSW, there is this odd game they play which seems to involve a lot of tackling and not much else which they call "Rugby League" and tonight is the grand final and apparently a Melbourne team is the favourite to take the crown against the local Sydney team.

    I have no idea really, I remain loyal to the one true game, so I don't pay attention to the weird local thing they play up here.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.