The Triton's competition

The UniSLAB

Guest
I have a friend who's in the metal fabrication business and is
interested in hearing about possibly making unicycle frames and
seatpost's. He can get a hold of ANY metal and welds so good it makes
me cry. I talked with him today and tried to explain how he could try
and break into the unicycle market and he seems really interested.

So I need some help from you guys on how I should go about getting him
to commit to doing this. He lives and operates his business here in
Texas so if your looking for a high quality frame, shipping won't kill
you. He's already commmited to making dual-gusseted seatposts, but I
really want him to make some ti frames.

It would be awesome if I could get some suggestions or help from you
guys, as this could benifit everyone here in the U.S if he does this
thing. Anyone have any ideas for the frame? The seatpost shouldn't be
too hard, but I'm not an engineer so help is appreciated.

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

it would be AWESOME if they werent as expensive as "trition"

i would be interested aluminum cause it would be cheaper
edit: i would buy one. :)

--
manon1wheel

-Riley
*)---':cool:, 1mHighJump*
best side hop:114cm
best rolling:114
best static(no prehop):104

manon1wheel wrote:
> it would be AWESOME if they werent as expensive as "trition"
>
> i would be interested aluminum cause it would be cheaper

We talked about building some aluminum 6061 frames, but like I said
nothing is written in stone. All I'm trying to do is figure out what
you guys want, then we can attempt to produce some and see how it goes.

I'm totally looking forward to the seatpost's though! Broken seatpost's
ftl

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

that'd be soooo cool.

an awesome looking TI frame would be really cool. If the price was
cheap enough, i'd gladly buy one.

Also, if it had a sorta unusual, and unique look to it. you can count
me in.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

unibikeling wrote:
> that'd be soooo cool.
>
> an awesome looking TI frame would be really cool. If the price was
> cheap enough, i'd gladly buy one.
>
> Also, if it had a sorta unusual, and unique look to it. you can count
> me in.

Start sketching something up then! Like I said we want to hear what YOU
want but at the same time we have to take into consideration durability,
which will be the #1 priority

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

I want a magnesium frame, hopefully a shin friendly one and for a 36"
wheel. Would be fricking sick.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

kerosian wrote:
> I want a magnesium frame, hopefully a shin friendly one and for a 36"
> wheel. Would be fricking sick.

Hmmm, I'd have to talk to him about mag frames. I know he can weld just
about every metal there is, including ti, but I never asked about
magnesium.

I'm sure if you'd be willing to pay he'd be willing to make it!:)

Thanks so far for the interest though guys, and keep it coming

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

It's similiar to welding aluminum, not nearly as hard as Ti

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

kerosian wrote:
> It's similiar to welding aluminum, not nearly as hard as Ti

Then it shouldn't be a problem. The main thing we need though as of
right now is an actual spec. sheet on the frame itself. Seatpost's will
be fairly simple, but a frame is different. That's why I'm hoping somone
with a decent concept for structural intergrity and fame design will
chime in.

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

hmmm... i'll draw up plans this weekend as i nurse my ankle back to full
health, again.

It'll look pretty gangster, you dont know, he should like polish in
things acid etch things and words in the side.

i'll show you some drawings soon enough..

--

unibikeling wrote:
> hmmm... i'll draw up plans this weekend as i nurse my ankle back to full
> health, again.
>
> It'll look pretty gangster, you dont know, he should like polish in
> things acid etch things and words in the side.
>
> i'll show you some drawings soon enough..

Man that would awesome if you could. We can worry about the final
touches later (polish,etching,ect.) but like I said we need a solid
design first and foremost. We also might not just be limited to one
design either so keep that in mind

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
> Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

i'd get one if they arent too much $$$, and something different. Im not
much of a designer, but ill see what i can do!

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/user/RookieFilming) 'Vimeo'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user496125)

The UniSLAB wrote:
> Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
> flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em

2nd Place*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

i drew up plans, but my printer crapped out on me lol... It decided to
make a real big beep, then say it needed to be reset... I'll take a pic
of em maybe.

--

Emile.m wrote:
> Today I finished 4th grade

I would like to see a Ti black domina frame (like the "Ti" without the
Lolipop bearing holders). But make it so you can customize the tube
size for those who want their seat low and those who want it high.

EDIT: I read the first page in the Triton thread, i guess it isn't
possible (or with OT4?) because it has to be 1mm tubing

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'

If it turns out to be a quality product, there's quite a good chance
I'll buy one once I could scrape the money together.

I'd definitely be interested in an aluminum or Ti frame, in a 29er
size.

--
SqueakyOnion

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves
and the state;"
-The Constitution of Pennsylvania - Sept. 28th, 1776

I am not a Texan. I'm a Pennsylvanian!

Any Terrain wrote:
> I would like to see a Ti black domina frame (like the "Ti" without the
> Lolipop bearing holders).

Lolipop bearings can be as good or better then normal bearing holders.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

I was thinking, especially make the frame square tubing. It'd increase
its strength a lot. Thats what my plan was, and then i had some braces
where the seatpost connects to for frame legs. like that area, so you
dont break the tube thing off.. like Jon A has done.