The Triton's competition

Mmm less expensive Ti frame... Yummy... I've got some frame ideas in my
head I'll sketch some out too, Not sure how "structurally sound" my
frame ideas would be but I'll sketch some up.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

unibikeling wrote:
> I was thinking, especially make the frame square tubing. It'd increase
> its strength a lot.

That's a good idea it would look different and be stronger:D

--
Kilian

Some miscellaneous thoughts on the subject:
1) In addition to welding, you need a way to make or attach bearing
mounts, seat posts, etc. IE, machining capabilities, and/or some
really accurage jigs or other arrangements for getting geometry just
so-so.
2) A lot of aluminum can be welded, but the welded portions will be
much weaker near the weld as the effects of heat treating are lost in
those areas. Solution is to heat-treat the whole thing after welding.
3) In some cases, you can obtain raw metal in odd sizes and small
quanitites, but the unit cost may be much higher than what a
manufacturer would pay for it. For example, you can buy heat-treated
finished wrenches cheaper than you can buy the tool steel to make them
out of. So that may make it difficult to compete on cost.

--
StephenH

I love the schwinn style frames, but the don't make one that will fit an
ISIS hub. I buy one if it existed.

--
kevinalexandersmith

I don't believe in atheists.