theft happens to everyone

endroll

Jul 6, 2005
the age/Melb

Rider stunned as thief steals his wheels
By Melissa Ryan
October 20, 2005

English cyclist Kristian House was the victim of a robbery when his $4000 bicycle - which he was to have ridden in Saturday's Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic - was stolen from a Melbourne hotel.

Having completed the Tour of Victoria last Saturday, House stored his bike in a secured area of the hotel. A man dressed in cycling gear walked in and rode off on it, with the robbery captured on security camera. Police are investigating the theft.

House was stunned by the theft of his blue, black and yellow Litespeed which has his name on it. But he will race in the 299 kilometre Classic, the longest and second-oldest one-day race in the world, with race sponsor and bicycle manufacturer Bianchi providing him with a replacement.

"He was dressed like a bike rider - complete with pedal shoes - and he went straight to my bike, so he knew what he was looking for," House said.

"The bike also had some fairly unique SRM cranks which were were worn in some places, so I would recognise them if I saw them again, although I'm tipping the bike has either been stripped down for spare parts or had a complete makeover by now.

"It leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, " he said.
House is one of 143 riders, including Australian women's road riders Olivia Gollan and Laura Bortolozzi, competing in the race.

:eek:

endroll said:
the age/Melb

Rider stunned as thief steals his wheels
By Melissa Ryan
October 20, 2005

English cyclist Kristian House was the victim of a robbery when his $4000 bicycle - which he was to have ridden in Saturday's Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic - was stolen from a Melbourne hotel.

Having completed the Tour of Victoria last Saturday, House stored his bike in a secured area of the hotel. A man dressed in cycling gear walked in and rode off on it, with the robbery captured on security camera. Police are investigating the theft.

House was stunned by the theft of his blue, black and yellow Litespeed which has his name on it. But he will race in the 299 kilometre Classic, the longest and second-oldest one-day race in the world, with race sponsor and bicycle manufacturer Bianchi providing him with a replacement.

"He was dressed like a bike rider - complete with pedal shoes - and he went straight to my bike, so he knew what he was looking for," House said.

"The bike also had some fairly unique SRM cranks which were were worn in some places, so I would recognise them if I saw them again, although I'm tipping the bike has either been stripped down for spare parts or had a complete makeover by now.

"It leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, " he said.
House is one of 143 riders, including Australian women's road riders Olivia Gollan and Laura Bortolozzi, competing in the race.

:eek:

There are lowlives everywhere. Some people just don't seem to have the usual amount of empathy built in. Is that the definition of sociopathy?

f;kin robbers - I'm still out to kill the people who rolled my old place 18
months ago.. they didnt touch the bikes though..

On the other hand - looks like someone scored some awesome training
equipment.. SRM.. hmmmm..

cheers,
GPL

endroll said:
the age/Melb

his $4000 bicycle -

<snip>

blue, black and yellow Litespeed which has his name on ...

<snip>

The bike also had some fairly unique SRM cranks
$4000 sounds mighty cheap to me for a Litespeed with SRM.

GPLama wrote:
> f;kin robbers - I'm still out to kill the people who rolled my old place 18
> months ago.. they didnt touch the bikes though..
>
> On the other hand - looks like someone scored some awesome training
> equipment.. SRM.. hmmmm..
>
>
> cheers,
> GPL
>
>

Better keep a lookout on ebay :)

--
Nick