theft happens to everyone

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by endroll, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. endroll

    endroll New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    the age/Melb

    Rider stunned as thief steals his wheels
    By Melissa Ryan
    October 20, 2005

    English cyclist Kristian House was the victim of a robbery when his $4000 bicycle - which he was to have ridden in Saturday's Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic - was stolen from a Melbourne hotel.

    Having completed the Tour of Victoria last Saturday, House stored his bike in a secured area of the hotel. A man dressed in cycling gear walked in and rode off on it, with the robbery captured on security camera. Police are investigating the theft.

    House was stunned by the theft of his blue, black and yellow Litespeed which has his name on it. But he will race in the 299 kilometre Classic, the longest and second-oldest one-day race in the world, with race sponsor and bicycle manufacturer Bianchi providing him with a replacement.

    "He was dressed like a bike rider - complete with pedal shoes - and he went straight to my bike, so he knew what he was looking for," House said.

    "The bike also had some fairly unique SRM cranks which were were worn in some places, so I would recognise them if I saw them again, although I'm tipping the bike has either been stripped down for spare parts or had a complete makeover by now.

    "It leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, " he said.
    House is one of 143 riders, including Australian women's road riders Olivia Gollan and Laura Bortolozzi, competing in the race.

    :eek:

    Tags:

  2. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    There are lowlives everywhere. Some people just don't seem to have the usual amount of empathy built in. Is that the definition of sociopathy?

  3. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    f;kin robbers - I'm still out to kill the people who rolled my old place 18
    months ago.. they didnt touch the bikes though..

    On the other hand - looks like someone scored some awesome training
    equipment.. SRM.. hmmmm..

    cheers,
    GPL

  4. sinus

    sinus New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    $4000 sounds mighty cheap to me for a Litespeed with SRM.

  5. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    GPLama wrote:
    > f;kin robbers - I'm still out to kill the people who rolled my old place 18
    > months ago.. they didnt touch the bikes though..
    >
    > On the other hand - looks like someone scored some awesome training
    > equipment.. SRM.. hmmmm..
    >

    > cheers,
    > GPL

    Better keep a lookout on ebay :)