Thick as a Brick Yanks

DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:

> BCL wrote:
> > Vy are you not speeking in der deuch
> >
> > http://www.bikehighway.com/emailnews.htm
> >

> > Regards
> > Bruce

> Always loved the T-Shirts in Salzburg that said "There are no kangaroos
> in Austria".
>
> DaveB

http://www.blather.net/shitegeist/000085.htm
Wed May 14, 2:13 PM ET
VIENNA, Austria - Who said there are no kangaroos in Austria?
Those struggling to distinguish the small alpine country in Europe from
Australia were dealt a blow when a kangaroo was hit by a car and killed
in central Austria...

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:13:30 +1100, BCL <[email protected]> wrote:

>Vy are you not speeking in der deuch
>
>http://www.bikehighway.com/emailnews.htm
>

>Regards
>Bruce

While this Yank can actually find Oz on a globe, many can't be
bothered with small details such as a minor country way round on the
other side of the world (even if you do speak English...sort of). ;-)

BTW, we Yanks really appreciate Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Portia De
Rossi, etc. Thanks! :)

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:48:53 +1100, DaveB wrote:

> Always loved the T-Shirts in Salzburg that said "There are no kangaroos
> in Austria".

I bought one of them :)

-kt

John Everett said:
BTW, we Yanks really appreciate Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Portia De
Rossi, etc. Thanks! :)

[/url]

good. you can 'ave em! :D
and as a bonus we can also give you free set of steak knives and a bum-wiping attachment for your prez, our very own man of steel, John Howard.
As Kerry rides campag, he gets my vote.

one cog, one god

I heard something about some election thingy somewhere the other day. Can anyone confirm?

Re: Thick as a Brick Yanks

DRS wrote:
> "BCL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:06:58 +1100, fred nieman
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Aqualung

>>Stand Up when you say that

What the Dickens?!?
Should I stand on one leg like a crane when I say that? While I'm
playing my flute and singing at the same time?

> Oh, give him the Benefit of the doubt.

Yep, Ian Anderson prolly rides a unicycl...

*"Ber-dub-ber-dub-ber-dub-ber-dub..."*

Ooops, sorry all, that was the sound of my (admittedly rather small)
brain feverishly bumping against my skull and saying, "Body! Don't admit
that the get the jokes!"

***
fred "Prof Pangloss says that all id for the best in this best of all
possible worlds" k

ps: urgent. cfsmtb, please help. am trapped in 70s prog-rock thread.
send 80s pop trivia asap... eom.

John Everett said:
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:13:30 +1100, BCL <[email protected]> wrote:

>Vy are you not speeking in der deuch
>
>http://www.bikehighway.com/emailnews.htm
>

>Regards
>Bruce

While this Yank can actually find Oz on a globe, many can't be
bothered with small details such as a minor country way round on the
other side of the world (even if you do speak English...sort of). ;-)

BTW, we Yanks really appreciate Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Portia De
Rossi, etc. Thanks! :)

they all had English lessons. it took ages for them to lose the german accent:)

fred nieman said:
ps: urgent. cfsmtb, please help. am trapped in 70s prog-rock thread.
send 80s pop trivia asap... eom.

Currrently listening to first CD of Roxy Music Platinum Collection. Sorry can't help you out here Fred, both ends burning and do the strand as this is tomorrow...fixed your computers clock? Really like Eno's early doodly stuff.

80's?,80's?,80's?, try Sky. They were slightly like Bond, similiar orchestral prog-rock, but really ugly pommy blokes, not cute violin playing bimbettes..

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]
> 80's?,80's?,80's?, try Sky. They were slightly like Bond, similiar
> orchestral prog-rock, but really ugly pommy blokes, not cute violin
> playing bimbettes..

I used to listen to my parent's Sky records... ahh memories..
Maybe they created the technolust I currently suffer?

hippy

hippy wrote:

> "cfsmtb" <[email protected]
>
>>80's?,80's?,80's?, try Sky. They were slightly like Bond, similiar
>>orchestral prog-rock, but really ugly pommy blokes, not cute violin
>>playing bimbettes..

When the attempted popularisation of western classical music in pop form
was done by balding former prog-rock types...
Ah, yes, the good old days... listening to Bach cantatas and "Yessongs"
at the Glenorchy Regional Library when I should have been playing Galaga
down at Noddys on Main Road...
And what's with the sexy people playing violins? It's just not right.

ps: they (the sexy people playing violins) prolly ride Merlin Ti
road-bikes, high-end UK Raleigh MTBs, and custom fixies

> I used to listen to my parent's Sky records... ahh memories..
> Maybe they created the technolust I currently suffer?
>
> hippy

Your *parents* had Sky records?!?

Hippy, you are soooo kill-filed in
aus.bicycle.80s.music, aus.bicycle.80s.music.one_hit_wonders,
aus.bicycle.80s.culture, and aus.bicycle.80s.culture.club ...

You will now *never* know what "My Sharona" was really about.
And despite your technolust, you are forever banned from knowing
whatever (ooops, 90s reference) happened to "Pong"...

Or something

xx
fn

ps: DEVO prolly rode cheapy K-Mart 10-speeds. But of course they did

"fred nieman" <[email protected]> wrote
> > "cfsmtb" <[email protected]
> >>80's?,80's?,80's?, try Sky. They were slightly like Bond, similiar
> >>orchestral prog-rock, but really ugly pommy blokes, not cute violin
> >>playing bimbettes..

> > I used to listen to my parent's Sky records... ahh memories..
> > Maybe they created the technolust I currently suffer?
> >

> Your *parents* had Sky records?!?

Yeppers

> Hippy, you are soooo kill-filed in
> aus.bicycle.80s.music, aus.bicycle.80s.music.one_hit_wonders,
> aus.bicycle.80s.culture, and aus.bicycle.80s.culture.club ...

Thank god! ;-)

> You will now *never* know what "My Sharona" was really about.

Oh man.. you just happened to pick one of my most hated
songs.. This particular song was one of a couple to be played
a 'minimum' of three times a night, every Saturday night at
Doms nightclub in Mildura. The problem was I couldn't leave.
At any one time there is only one 'happening' place in Mildura
and Doms was it. All I wanted to do was get drunk and pick up
but now I had to deal with cringing in a corner as my eardrums
were assaulted repeatedly with "ma ma ma my sharona!"
I actually sampled it and made an anti-My Sharona track..
"Barbie Girl" was one of the other 'lets play this 100 times a
night because everyone seems to love it' songs... You see now
why I am as disturbed as I am? ;-)

> And despite your technolust, you are forever banned from knowing
> whatever (ooops, 90s reference) happened to "Pong"...

The only Pong I know is the Atari game and the smell
from my pile of commuter gear in the office :-D

If it makes you feel any better, I have recently revived
Duran Duran's "Planet Earth".. and I have a CRAZY
remix of that "You spin me right round baby, right round
like a record baby, right round, round round" on 12"..

I've probably still got a few tapes worth of Barry Bistle(?)
doing the Coca Cola Tape40 Australia! Remember the
Dr. Who song? I think it was based on a Garry Glitter
song? I gotta dig some of that **** out! :)

hippy

hippy said:
"fred nieman" <[email protected]> wrote
> > "cfsmtb" <[email protected]
> >>80's?,80's?,80's?, try Sky. They were slightly like Bond, similiar
> >>orchestral prog-rock, but really ugly pommy blokes, not cute violin
> >>playing bimbettes..

> > I used to listen to my parent's Sky records... ahh memories..
> > Maybe they created the technolust I currently suffer?
> >

> Your *parents* had Sky records?!?

Yeppers

> Hippy, you are soooo kill-filed in
> aus.bicycle.80s.music, aus.bicycle.80s.music.one_hit_wonders,
> aus.bicycle.80s.culture, and aus.bicycle.80s.culture.club ...

Thank god! ;-)

> You will now *never* know what "My Sharona" was really about.

Oh man.. you just happened to pick one of my most hated
songs.. This particular song was one of a couple to be played
a 'minimum' of three times a night, every Saturday night at
Doms nightclub in Mildura. The problem was I couldn't leave.
At any one time there is only one 'happening' place in Mildura
and Doms was it. All I wanted to do was get drunk and pick up
but now I had to deal with cringing in a corner as my eardrums
were assaulted repeatedly with "ma ma ma my sharona!"
I actually sampled it and made an anti-My Sharona track..
"Barbie Girl" was one of the other 'lets play this 100 times a
night because everyone seems to love it' songs... You see now
why I am as disturbed as I am? ;-)

> And despite your technolust, you are forever banned from knowing
> whatever (ooops, 90s reference) happened to "Pong"...

The only Pong I know is the Atari game and the smell
from my pile of commuter gear in the office :-D

If it makes you feel any better, I have recently revived
Duran Duran's "Planet Earth".. and I have a CRAZY
remix of that "You spin me right round baby, right round
like a record baby, right round, round round" on 12"..

I've probably still got a few tapes worth of Barry Bistle(?)
doing the Coca Cola Tape40 Australia! Remember the
Dr. Who song? I think it was based on a Garry Glitter
song? I gotta dig some of that **** out! :)

hippy
when were you up at mildura hipps?
my parents worked at the council up there for a few years in the mid-90's.
i went there once to visit them, though i dont think i will ever, ever, ever go back there again.
unless of course i develop an unnatural aversion to citrus fruit i guess....

"byron27" <[email protected]
> when were you up at mildura hipps?

1980 - 1996

> my parents worked at the council up there for a few years in the
> mid-90's.

Poor souls..

> i went there once to visit them, though i dont think i will ever, ever,
> ever go back there again.

Any particular reason?

> unless of course i develop an unnatural aversion to citrus fruit i
> guess....

I don't particuarly like oranges, grapes or wine. Wonder
if that was caused by my locale?

hippy

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 at 04:20 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
> "byron27" <[email protected]
>> when were you up at mildura hipps?

> 1980 - 1996

When was I there?

Maybe 90-92.

>> unless of course i develop an unnatural aversion to citrus fruit i
>> guess....

> I don't particuarly like oranges, grapes or wine. Wonder
> if that was caused by my locale?

I still like oranges, lettuce and grapes.

Never liked, and never will like asparagus though.

And down here, I just can't find oranges that are any good. Damn the
packing process! Damn them all to heck!

Oh, and I still certainly can't handle 47 degree days. I certainly
wouldn't go pick grapes in that again.

Oh, and missing the murray. Want to go houseboating again.

That [Tim-Tam] would be the Classic. Not to be confused with the
Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, and Double Chocolate flavour.
(Personally, I prefer Cadbury's Doubles myself. Tim Tams don't taste
enough of chocolate.) -- Faceless Man on ARK