Thinking of ordering this for my bike...

Onguard makes a similar product. Excellent choice if you want to keep your bike outside at home, but I wouldn't carry it with me. I use an Onguard U-lock and feel my bike is well protected.

OK.. for your motorcycle that might be good..... REALLY good. But... if a bicycle is nice enough to protected that well it must have some really decent parts... not just a good frame. So how hard would it be to cut a chunk of frame away from a big chain and get lots of valuable bicycle parts?

Wow - overkill. Bike chains and locks are a deterrent to for the casual criminal. For a more determined advisary, a cordless dremel or sawzall would make short work of even the strongest ones.

Judging by the police auctions around here - criminals are stupid anyway and steal mostly worthless bikes.

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

OK.. for your motorcycle that might be good..... REALLY good. But... if a bicycle is nice enough to protected that well it must have some really decent parts... not just a good frame. So how hard would it be to cut a chunk of frame away from a big chain and get lots of valuable bicycle parts?
Totally agree.

Sacrifice the frame to get the components and a nice new chain and lock /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif !