This is well-worth reading

nancree

Guest
The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
sick
and
tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
these
days. It is
a great read!
____

Maybe you're a Republican???
In today's America, ask a growing number of high school and
college
students; their teachers and professors; the self-anointed
media
elite
and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicitie s, the
question,
"What
is a Republican?", and you'll be told "... a rich, greedy,
egotistical
individual, motivated only by money and the desire to
accumulate
more and
more of it, at the expense of the environment. the working poor
.....and all
whom they exploit..."
I am a Republican .. I am none of those things ... and I don't
know
any
Republicans who are.
WHAT I AM. first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 52
plus
years,
the father of four and an American who's proud of his
country...and
his
country's heritage
WHAT I AM . is the grandson of immigrants who risked
every-thing,
including
their lives and those of their children, to escape tyranny in
search
of
freedom.
WHAT I AM .. is a man who grew up during the Depression and
witnessed ,
first hand, the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup
lines
that
followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who
had
very
little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen
other
families, who had even less.
WHAT I AM . is someone who worked his way through college by
holding
down
three and four jobs at a time and then used that education to
build
a better
life.
WHAT I AM .. is a husband who, at age 24, started his own
business
for the
"privilege" of working 60, 70 and 80 hours a week, risking
everything I had,
including my health, in search of a better life for myself and
my
loved
ones.
WHAT I AM . is a businessman whose blood, sweat and tears....
and
plenty of
them..., made it possible for me to provide a secure living,
not
only for
my family and myself, but also for literally hundreds of my
employees
throughout the years. Employees, who in turn, were able to buy
their
own
homes, raise their own families and give back to their
communities
and their
country.
WHAT I AM .. is a man who believes in God; a God who has
blessed
this
country... and all for which it stands.
WHAT I AM .. is someone who knows, if you doubt miracles exist
in
today's
world, you need only to look into the face of those who
received
them ..
and the eyes of those who give them.
WHAT I AM .. is an American who's proud that his President
embraces
a belief
in God; proud of a President who understands, as "politically
incorrect" as
it may be, there is evil in this world and for the security and
safety of
all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted...
and
it must
be defeated.
WHAT I AM . is an American who takes comfort in the knowledge
that
our
President refuses to allow decisions concerning the very safety
and
security
of this nation, to be governed by the political whims of
foreign
governments.
WHAT I AM .. is tired of hearing from leading Democrats who see
only
negativity in America; racism in her people; class warfare in
her
society
and "political incorrectness" in her character.
WHAT I AM .. is a former democrat who now understands that it
is the
soldier
and not the reporter that guarantees us our freedoms of press,
speech and
dissent.
WHAT I AM .. is a husband and father who believes in the
sanctity of
marriage and the preservation of the family unit.
WHAT I AM .. is a ex-movie goer who is repulsed by those
insecure,socially
inept, elementary thinking, ego-inflated "entertainers" who
have
appointed
themselves "experts" in the fields of national security and
geo-politics and
then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its
actions....
much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.
WHAT I AM .. is an American who understands the difference
between
"censorship" and "choice". Evidently, these individuals do not,
because when
these same "celebrities" receive public ridicule for their
offensive
actions, the first thing they yell is "Censorship!". What they
seem
incapable of understanding is... the right of free speech and
dissent is
shared equally by those offended... as well as those who
offend. I
support
and will continue to support those films and performers whom I
choose to and
refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American
right I
will continue to enthusiastically exercise.
WHAT I AM .. is a voter, tired of politicians, who, every time
their
voting
records are subjected to public scrutiny, try to divert
attention
from their
political and legislative failures by accusing their opponents
of
"attack
ads" and "negative campaigning".... and the news media who
allow
them to get
away with it.
WHAT I AM ... is a Catholic who loves his God and his Faith...
and
who's
been taught to respect all religions whose teachings are based
in
love,
peace and charity. As such, I am embarrassed and ashamed of
those
individuals, in both private and public life, whose decisions
and
actions
are devoid of any sense of character or morals; individuals who
are
only
driven by what's best for them ... rather than what's right ...
often times
at the expense of many .... including our national security.
WHAT I AM .. is a realist who understands that the terrorist
attack
that
murdered hundreds of innocent Russian children could have
occurred
here, in
our heartland. That's why I sincerely believe America needs
now,
more than
ever, a President who sees with a clear and focused vision and
who
speaks
with a voice when heard by both friend and foe alike, is
understood,
respected and believed.
WHAT I AM .. is eternally grateful to Ronald Reagan for having
the
bravery
to speak out against Communism and the courage of his
convictions in
leading
the fight to defeat it; and George W. Bush for the vision,
courage,
conviction and leadership he has shown in America's war on
terrorism
amidst
both the constant and vicious, personal and political attacks
both
he and
his family are made to endure.
WHAT I AM .. is a human being, full of numerous faults and
failures,
but a
man nonetheless, who, though not always successful, has
continually
strived
to do "what's right" instead of "what's easy". A man who is
challenging the
religious leaders of all faiths, to not only preach to their
congregations
the fundamentals of "what's right" and "what's wrong", but to
also
then hold
them accountable for their actions in both the public and
private
sectors.
WHAT I AM .. is disgusted with the Courts who, on one hand,
call the
murder
of a pregnant woman a "double homicide" but then refer to the
abortion of
her baby as, "pro-choice".
WHAT I AM .. is someone deeply troubled by a political party
which
embraces
a candidate whose primary "leadership" qualities center around
his
protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable
men and
women
who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that
action),
as
rapists, and war criminals. (John Kerry). That same political
party
then
stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true
Vietnam
war
hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator,
Jeremiah
Denton, (a
man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North
Vietnam
prison), from speaking before an open session of the California
legislature
as part of that state's 4th of July celebration. The reason
Democrats gave
for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their
state
legislature was because of the "conservative" nature of his
views.
As an
American, that troubles me deeply ....as well it should you.
(Are
you
listening Mr. B?)
WHAT I AM .. is a man who feels the need to spend, ONE HUNDRED
&FOUR
THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED &FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($104,
655.60, tax
paid)
of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to
set
the story
straight. Some may say this money would have been better
spentfeeding the
world's poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an
American
and as a
Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done
exactly
that...
and more. Following the examples of my parents and grand
parents, I
have
used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless,
provide
housing for
the elderly and medical care for the sick..... and continue to
do
so... and
I'm not alone in that work.
WHAT I AM .. is someone who is paying for this announcement, at
my
sole
expense, in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by
ill-informed
elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or
malicious
intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong
to a
political
party that holds true to the belief, "... the rights of the
governed, exceed
the power of the government". For those interested, I am
speaking
only as a
tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with The
Republican
National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or
delegates.
WHAT I AM .. is a man who understands, "the American way of
life" is
message of self-empowerment for all.
WHAT I AM .. is an American who is grateful that our nation
gives
each of us
the opportunity of self-determination and the right to benefit
from
the
fruits of self achievement.
WHAT I AM .. is an American who wants to preserve that way of
life
for all
who seek it.
WHAT I AM .. is blessed to be an American.... and proud to be a
Republican

nancree forwarded:

> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
> sick
> and
> tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
> these
> days. It is
> a great read!
> ____

<snip political manifesto>

It would have been a LOT easier to read the forwarded self-aggrandizing
twaddle if you'd bothered to format it so that the text didn't have all
those line breaks at inappropriate places. Please think about netiquette
before pushing the "Send" button.

Bob

nancree <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington
> Post by a businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He
> paid $104,655.60 to run the ad

[snip remaining ********]

He should have added in another US$44.40 for someone else to ghost write
it. That work he would have been proud of, not the ad he blew his life
savings on.

The Ranger

The Ranger

No, it isn't.

But it works very well as liberal propaganda.

At least, for readers who aren't aware that there are liberals who are
as whiny as this conservative.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is

Just think of how many people he could have helped with that money
instead of pissing it away in an advertisement. What kind of idiot
would throw THAT kind of money down the toilet and then claim to be a
self-made businessman? Drivel-pure drivel. He should have donated
that money to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and done something
IMPORTANT with it instead of acting like a spoiled child.

He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.

chula

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
>> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is

> Just think of how many people he could have helped with that money
> instead of pissing it away in an advertisement. What kind of idiot
> would throw THAT kind of money down the toilet and then claim to be a
> self-made businessman?

A republican.

Drivel-pure drivel. He should have donated
> that money to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and done something
> IMPORTANT with it instead of acting like a spoiled child.
>
> He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.
>
> chula

In article <[email protected]>,
"nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/01/05 Sam I Am!

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655.60 to run
> the ad and only did it because he is sick and tired of the way
> that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals these days. It is
> a great read!

My dad was a self-made man, forced to leave home at the age of 13 by an
abusive mother. He travelled several hundred miles to a prep school he had
read about in a magazine, where he managed to talk the headmaster into
letting him attend classes by working at the school for his room and board.
From there he worked his way through college and graduate school, earning 3
master's degrees and a PhD. Later he travelled 'round the world on a tramp
steamer and eventually started his own business. He never received or
asked for a dime from anyone, but he prospered.

My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:11:02 PM

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 06:02:12p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
>> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

> Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
> or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.

What? You didn't see the egg that was about to be on his face? He probably
did either. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:14:03 PM

On 7 Jul 2005 03:15:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a

<snip>
>My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
>self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

That's very nice Wayne but please don't encourage nancree's political
drivel. For some reason she thinks that rfc is her personal political
soapbox and is unwilling to take it to a more suitable newsgroup.

Sue(tm)

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:02:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
>"nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
>> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

>Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
>or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.

We've been through this with nancree in the past. She won't post her
political drivel in a more suitable group. Apparently she figures
she's accomplishing something here.

Sue(tm)

<[email protected]> wrote in message

> He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.
>
> chula

Nor have you done anything to improve my opinion of whiny liberals. None of
your business what he does with his money. Is America great or what?

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 06:34:33p, Curly Sue wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 7 Jul 2005 03:15:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a

> <snip>
>>My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
>>self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

> That's very nice Wayne but please don't encourage nancree's political
> drivel. For some reason she thinks that rfc is her personal political
> soapbox and is unwilling to take it to a more suitable newsgroup.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

OK, Sue.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:57:43 PM

nancree wrote:
> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he
> is sick
> and
> tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
> these
> days. It is
> a great read!
> ____

No, it's not.

Jill

nancree wrote:
> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
> sick
> and
> tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
> these
> days. It is
> a great read!
> ____

Is this some new definition of "well-worth" or "great read" that I'd
previously been unaware of?

nancree wrote:
>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
>> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
>> He paid $104,655.60 to run the

I remember reading something very similar to this (not in this newsgroup).
Wish I could put my finger on it. Makes me suspect that either it is
recycled material or plagiarized material.

Debbie

What a stoopid worthless cnut you are.

<PLONK!>

--
Best
Greg

Curly Sue wrote:

> We've been through this with nancree in the past. She won't post her
> political drivel in a more suitable group. Apparently she figures
> she's accomplishing something here.

Yup Sue, it's called "getting into more folks' killfiles"...

--
Best
Greg

~
~He should have added in another US$44.40 for someone else to ghost
write
~it. That work he would have been proud of, not the ad he blew his
life
~savings on.
~
~The Ranger

He has a right to say whatever he pleases, and if he pays for the
privilige, have it printed in the newspaper as an ad. He sounds like
the sort of people I work with, "who believe in God and Senator Dodd
and putting old Castro down" and have no desire to think for
themselves about what the political decisions being made have to do
with them.

And I doubt that's his life savings.
http://www.supraalloys.com/PressRelease.htm

maxine in ri

nancree wrote:
> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
> sick
> and
> tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
> these
> days. It is
> a great read!

No. It isn't. It's self-congratulatory ********. Maybe tell him to stand
next to my roses. I bet they'll grow big and tall.

Pastorio