This is well-worth reading

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by nancree, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. nancree

    nancree Guest

    The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
    sick
    and
    tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
    these
    days. It is
    a great read!
    ____

    Maybe you're a Republican???
    In today's America, ask a growing number of high school and
    college
    students; their teachers and professors; the self-anointed
    media
    elite
    and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicitie s, the
    question,
    "What
    is a Republican?", and you'll be told "... a rich, greedy,
    egotistical
    individual, motivated only by money and the desire to
    accumulate
    more and
    more of it, at the expense of the environment. the working poor
    .....and all
    whom they exploit..."
    I am a Republican .. I am none of those things ... and I don't
    know
    any
    Republicans who are.
    WHAT I AM. first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 52
    plus
    years,
    the father of four and an American who's proud of his
    country...and
    his
    country's heritage
    WHAT I AM . is the grandson of immigrants who risked
    every-thing,
    including
    their lives and those of their children, to escape tyranny in
    search
    of
    freedom.
    WHAT I AM .. is a man who grew up during the Depression and
    witnessed ,
    first hand, the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup
    lines
    that
    followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who
    had
    very
    little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen
    other
    families, who had even less.
    WHAT I AM . is someone who worked his way through college by
    holding
    down
    three and four jobs at a time and then used that education to
    build
    a better
    life.
    WHAT I AM .. is a husband who, at age 24, started his own
    business
    for the
    "privilege" of working 60, 70 and 80 hours a week, risking
    everything I had,
    including my health, in search of a better life for myself and
    my
    loved
    ones.
    WHAT I AM . is a businessman whose blood, sweat and tears....
    and
    plenty of
    them..., made it possible for me to provide a secure living,
    not
    only for
    my family and myself, but also for literally hundreds of my
    employees
    throughout the years. Employees, who in turn, were able to buy
    their
    own
    homes, raise their own families and give back to their
    communities
    and their
    country.
    WHAT I AM .. is a man who believes in God; a God who has
    blessed
    this
    country... and all for which it stands.
    WHAT I AM .. is someone who knows, if you doubt miracles exist
    in
    today's
    world, you need only to look into the face of those who
    received
    them ..
    and the eyes of those who give them.
    WHAT I AM .. is an American who's proud that his President
    embraces
    a belief
    in God; proud of a President who understands, as "politically
    incorrect" as
    it may be, there is evil in this world and for the security and
    safety of
    all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted...
    and
    it must
    be defeated.
    WHAT I AM . is an American who takes comfort in the knowledge
    that
    our
    President refuses to allow decisions concerning the very safety
    and
    security
    of this nation, to be governed by the political whims of
    foreign
    governments.
    WHAT I AM .. is tired of hearing from leading Democrats who see
    only
    negativity in America; racism in her people; class warfare in
    her
    society
    and "political incorrectness" in her character.
    WHAT I AM .. is a former democrat who now understands that it
    is the
    soldier
    and not the reporter that guarantees us our freedoms of press,
    speech and
    dissent.
    WHAT I AM .. is a husband and father who believes in the
    sanctity of
    marriage and the preservation of the family unit.
    WHAT I AM .. is a ex-movie goer who is repulsed by those
    insecure,socially
    inept, elementary thinking, ego-inflated "entertainers" who
    have
    appointed
    themselves "experts" in the fields of national security and
    geo-politics and
    then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its
    actions....
    much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.
    WHAT I AM .. is an American who understands the difference
    between
    "censorship" and "choice". Evidently, these individuals do not,
    because when
    these same "celebrities" receive public ridicule for their
    offensive
    actions, the first thing they yell is "Censorship!". What they
    seem
    incapable of understanding is... the right of free speech and
    dissent is
    shared equally by those offended... as well as those who
    offend. I
    support
    and will continue to support those films and performers whom I
    choose to and
    refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American
    right I
    will continue to enthusiastically exercise.
    WHAT I AM .. is a voter, tired of politicians, who, every time
    their
    voting
    records are subjected to public scrutiny, try to divert
    attention
    from their
    political and legislative failures by accusing their opponents
    of
    "attack
    ads" and "negative campaigning".... and the news media who
    allow
    them to get
    away with it.
    WHAT I AM ... is a Catholic who loves his God and his Faith...
    and
    who's
    been taught to respect all religions whose teachings are based
    in
    love,
    peace and charity. As such, I am embarrassed and ashamed of
    those
    individuals, in both private and public life, whose decisions
    and
    actions
    are devoid of any sense of character or morals; individuals who
    are
    only
    driven by what's best for them ... rather than what's right ...
    often times
    at the expense of many .... including our national security.
    WHAT I AM .. is a realist who understands that the terrorist
    attack
    that
    murdered hundreds of innocent Russian children could have
    occurred
    here, in
    our heartland. That's why I sincerely believe America needs
    now,
    more than
    ever, a President who sees with a clear and focused vision and
    who
    speaks
    with a voice when heard by both friend and foe alike, is
    understood,
    respected and believed.
    WHAT I AM .. is eternally grateful to Ronald Reagan for having
    the
    bravery
    to speak out against Communism and the courage of his
    convictions in
    leading
    the fight to defeat it; and George W. Bush for the vision,
    courage,
    conviction and leadership he has shown in America's war on
    terrorism
    amidst
    both the constant and vicious, personal and political attacks
    both
    he and
    his family are made to endure.
    WHAT I AM .. is a human being, full of numerous faults and
    failures,
    but a
    man nonetheless, who, though not always successful, has
    continually
    strived
    to do "what's right" instead of "what's easy". A man who is
    challenging the
    religious leaders of all faiths, to not only preach to their
    congregations
    the fundamentals of "what's right" and "what's wrong", but to
    also
    then hold
    them accountable for their actions in both the public and
    private
    sectors.
    WHAT I AM .. is disgusted with the Courts who, on one hand,
    call the
    murder
    of a pregnant woman a "double homicide" but then refer to the
    abortion of
    her baby as, "pro-choice".
    WHAT I AM .. is someone deeply troubled by a political party
    which
    embraces
    a candidate whose primary "leadership" qualities center around
    his
    protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable
    men and
    women
    who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that
    action),
    as
    rapists, and war criminals. (John Kerry). That same political
    party
    then
    stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true
    Vietnam
    war
    hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator,
    Jeremiah
    Denton, (a
    man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North
    Vietnam
    prison), from speaking before an open session of the California
    legislature
    as part of that state's 4th of July celebration. The reason
    Democrats gave
    for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their
    state
    legislature was because of the "conservative" nature of his
    views.
    As an
    American, that troubles me deeply ....as well it should you.
    (Are
    you
    listening Mr. B?)
    WHAT I AM .. is a man who feels the need to spend, ONE HUNDRED
    &FOUR
    THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED &FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($104,
    655.60, tax
    paid)
    of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to
    set
    the story
    straight. Some may say this money would have been better
    spentfeeding the
    world's poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an
    American
    and as a
    Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done
    exactly
    that...
    and more. Following the examples of my parents and grand
    parents, I
    have
    used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless,
    provide
    housing for
    the elderly and medical care for the sick..... and continue to
    do
    so... and
    I'm not alone in that work.
    WHAT I AM .. is someone who is paying for this announcement, at
    my
    sole
    expense, in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by
    ill-informed
    elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or
    malicious
    intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong
    to a
    political
    party that holds true to the belief, "... the rights of the
    governed, exceed
    the power of the government". For those interested, I am
    speaking
    only as a
    tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with The
    Republican
    National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or
    delegates.
    WHAT I AM .. is a man who understands, "the American way of
    life" is
    message of self-empowerment for all.
    WHAT I AM .. is an American who is grateful that our nation
    gives
    each of us
    the opportunity of self-determination and the right to benefit
    from
    the
    fruits of self achievement.
    WHAT I AM .. is an American who wants to preserve that way of
    life
    for all
    who seek it.
    WHAT I AM .. is blessed to be an American.... and proud to be a
    Republican

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    nancree forwarded:

    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    > He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
    > sick
    > and
    > tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
    > these
    > days. It is
    > a great read!
    > ____

    <snip political manifesto>

    It would have been a LOT easier to read the forwarded self-aggrandizing
    twaddle if you'd bothered to format it so that the text didn't have all
    those line breaks at inappropriate places. Please think about netiquette
    before pushing the "Send" button.

    Bob

  3. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    nancree <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington
    > Post by a businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He
    > paid $104,655.60 to run the ad

    [snip remaining bullshit]

    He should have added in another US$44.40 for someone else to ghost write
    it. That work he would have been proud of, not the ad he blew his life
    savings on.

    The Ranger

    The Ranger

  4. Dan Goodman

    Dan Goodman Guest

    No, it isn't.

    But it works very well as liberal propaganda.

    At least, for readers who aren't aware that there are liberals who are
    as whiny as this conservative.

    --
    Dan Goodman
    Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

  5. > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    > He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is

    Just think of how many people he could have helped with that money
    instead of pissing it away in an advertisement. What kind of idiot
    would throw THAT kind of money down the toilet and then claim to be a
    self-made businessman? Drivel-pure drivel. He should have donated
    that money to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and done something
    IMPORTANT with it instead of acting like a spoiled child.

    He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.

    chula

  6. Bell Jar

    Bell Jar Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    >> He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is

    > Just think of how many people he could have helped with that money
    > instead of pissing it away in an advertisement. What kind of idiot
    > would throw THAT kind of money down the toilet and then claim to be a
    > self-made businessman?

    A republican.

    Drivel-pure drivel. He should have donated
    > that money to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and done something
    > IMPORTANT with it instead of acting like a spoiled child.
    >
    > He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.
    >
    > chula

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

    Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
    or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.
    --
    -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/01/05 Sam I Am!

  8. On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655.60 to run
    > the ad and only did it because he is sick and tired of the way
    > that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals these days. It is
    > a great read!

    My dad was a self-made man, forced to leave home at the age of 13 by an
    abusive mother. He travelled several hundred miles to a prep school he had
    read about in a magazine, where he managed to talk the headmaster into
    letting him attend classes by working at the school for his room and board.
    From there he worked his way through college and graduate school, earning 3
    master's degrees and a PhD. Later he travelled 'round the world on a tramp
    steamer and eventually started his own business. He never received or
    asked for a dime from anyone, but he prospered.

    My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
    self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
    Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:11:02 PM

  9. On Wed 06 Jul 2005 06:02:12p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    >> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

    > Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
    > or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.

    What? You didn't see the egg that was about to be on his face? He probably
    did either. :)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
    Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:14:03 PM

  10. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On 7 Jul 2005 03:15:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    >> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a

    <snip>
    >My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
    >self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

    That's very nice Wayne but please don't encourage nancree's political
    drivel. For some reason she thinks that rfc is her personal political
    soapbox and is unwilling to take it to a more suitable newsgroup.

    Sue(tm)

  11. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:02:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >"nancree" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    >> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.

    >Jeez, there's GOT to be an appropriate group for this. In a quick skim
    >or it, I didn't find a recipe or anything to do with cooking or food.

    We've been through this with nancree in the past. She won't post her
    political drivel in a more suitable group. Apparently she figures
    she's accomplishing something here.

    Sue(tm)

  12. <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > He certainly doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of Repugnatcans.
    >
    > chula

    Nor have you done anything to improve my opinion of whiny liberals. None of
    your business what he does with his money. Is America great or what?

  13. On Wed 06 Jul 2005 06:34:33p, Curly Sue wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > On 7 Jul 2005 03:15:00 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed 06 Jul 2005 05:20:27p, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >>
    >>> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a

    > <snip>
    >>My dad never wrote an ad or an editorial about himself. He knew his own
    >>self-worth and needed no one else to tell him who he was.

    > That's very nice Wayne but please don't encourage nancree's political
    > drivel. For some reason she thinks that rfc is her personal political
    > soapbox and is unwilling to take it to a more suitable newsgroup.
    >
    > Sue(tm)
    > Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    OK, Sue.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
    Tested on: 7/6/2005 6:57:43 PM

  14. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    nancree wrote:
    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    > He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he
    > is sick
    > and
    > tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
    > these
    > days. It is
    > a great read!
    > ____

    No, it's not.

    Jill

  15. Mad Dan

    Mad Dan Guest

    nancree wrote:
    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    > He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
    > sick
    > and
    > tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
    > these
    > days. It is
    > a great read!
    > ____

    Is this some new definition of "well-worth" or "great read" that I'd
    previously been unaware of?

  16. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    nancree wrote:
    >> The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    >> businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    >> He paid $104,655.60 to run the

    I remember reading something very similar to this (not in this newsgroup).
    Wish I could put my finger on it. Makes me suspect that either it is
    recycled material or plagiarized material.

    Debbie

  17. What a stoopid worthless cnut you are.

    <PLONK!>

    --
    Best
    Greg

  18. Curly Sue wrote:

    > We've been through this with nancree in the past. She won't post her
    > political drivel in a more suitable group. Apparently she figures
    > she's accomplishing something here.

    Yup Sue, it's called "getting into more folks' killfiles"...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  19. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    ~
    ~He should have added in another US$44.40 for someone else to ghost
    write
    ~it. That work he would have been proud of, not the ad he blew his
    life
    ~savings on.
    ~
    ~The Ranger

    He has a right to say whatever he pleases, and if he pays for the
    privilige, have it printed in the newspaper as an ad. He sounds like
    the sort of people I work with, "who believe in God and Senator Dodd
    and putting old Castro down" and have no desire to think for
    themselves about what the political decisions being made have to do
    with them.

    And I doubt that's his life savings.
    http://www.supraalloys.com/PressRelease.htm

    maxine in ri

  20. nancree wrote:
    > The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a
    > businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr.
    > He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is
    > sick
    > and
    > tired of the way that "The Rich" are portrayed by liberals
    > these
    > days. It is
    > a great read!

    No. It isn't. It's self-congratulatory bullshit. Maybe tell him to stand
    next to my roses. I bet they'll grow big and tall.

    Pastorio