Thule 978 Easy Rider rack question. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coneill

I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my Honda Accord. My one concern is
the fear that the plastic coated metal clips will chip the paint as the unit attaches to the upper
and lower trunk lid as well as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the unit won't
scratch or chip the paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any experience with these types
of clip-on Thule racks?? Are my concerns justified or am I just being anal?

Thanks!

I have a Thule model 962 rack on my Saturn station wagon. I haven't seen any scratches or paint
chips. The rack works well for me.

r.b.

"Coneill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my Honda Accord. My one concern
> is the fear that the plastic coated metal clips will chip the paint as the unit attaches to the
> upper and lower trunk lid as well as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the
> unit won't scratch or chip the paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any experience with
> these types of clip-on Thule racks?? Are my concerns justified or am I just being anal?
>
>
>
> Thanks!

R.b Thanks. Have you carried three bikes on it?

"rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Thule model 962 rack on my Saturn station wagon. I haven't seen any scratches or paint
> chips. The rack works well for me.
>
> r.b.
>
> "Coneill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my
Honda
> > Accord. My one concern is the fear that the plastic coated metal clips
will
> > chip the paint as the unit attaches to the upper and lower trunk lid as
well
> > as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the unit won't scratch or chip the
> > paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any experience with these types of clip-on Thule
> > racks?? Are my concerns justified or am I just being anal?
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.