Time for Sierraman to break out the "chamois" lube

Steven L. Sheffield

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/2004/WTC04/?id=features/leontien

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti ay aitch
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Ick, I never used any of that **** even when I got for long rides.

Well, well, look whos here. Some of the old, some of the new.

Rochelle Gilmore
Katie Mactier
Leontien Zijlaard-Van Moorsel
Sarah Ulmer
Marion Clignet
Olga Slyusareva
Hanka Kupfernagel
Antonella Bellutti

Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

news:BCD9D883.32E54%[email protected]...

On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:17:26 -0700, Sierraman wrote:
>Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

Why not Ulmer?

Sierraman wrote:

> Katie Mactier
> Leontien Zijlaard-Van Moorsel
> Sarah Ulmer

> Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

Of those three? Sarah Ulmer.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Sierraman wrote:
>
> > Katie Mactier
> > Leontien Zijlaard-Van Moorsel
> > Sarah Ulmer

> > Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

> Of those three? Sarah Ulmer.

Actually no, look for LZ to rally to the cause. Don't under estimate a world
hour record holder. It's no secret she has been working on her times since
the big scare with Katie.

Sierraman wrote:
> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Sierraman wrote:
>>

>>>Katie Mactier
>>>Leontien Zijlaard-Van Moorsel
>>>Sarah Ulmer

>>>Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

>>Of those three? Sarah Ulmer.

> Actually no, look for LZ to rally to the cause. Don't under estimate a world
> hour record holder. It's no secret she has been working on her times since
> the big scare with Katie.

I read Van Moorsel's comments last week regarding times. She said she
only has to finish top-12 to qualify. Since the pursuit final lineups
get decided on qualifying times, I expect the final on current form to
be Mactier-Ulmer, with Ulmer winning it.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:17:26 -0700, Sierraman wrote:
> >> Look for Katie to put LZ on the ropes.

> > Why not Ulmer?

> Good call.
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/may04/may27news2

Bit surprised, I thought LZ was being modest in her previous statements and
rally as usual. She has been working on her times. Well then, look to the
upcoming games for revenge from the Netherlands. Katie was sick.

news:[email protected]...

That is an impressive shot! That girl is built like a brick **** house!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/may04/WTC04/?id=day2/img_2901

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:31:27 +1200, Stewart Fleming wrote:
>HEY!
>Or don't I get my kudos until after the final?

Yes, 2.5 hours after I so brilliantly predicted the total unexpected
best time for Ulmer, you candy-assed yourself ("of those 3?") on my wave
of glory. Well done.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:31:27 +1200, Stewart Fleming wrote:
>
>>HEY!
>>Or don't I get my kudos until after the final?

> Yes, 2.5 hours after I so brilliantly predicted the total unexpected
> best time for Ulmer, you candy-assed yourself ("of those 3?") on my wave
> of glory. Well done.

Where were you for the men's kilo results?

On Fri, 28 May 2004 21:35:33 +1200, Stewart Fleming wrote:
>Where were you for the men's kilo results?

On the couch, flabbergasted. Really great result from my fellow
countryman Theo Bos, bronze medal. Should make for an interesting podium
shot; two hulks and one lean young man. He's the younger brother of Jan
Bos, former world sprint speedskating champion. BTW, Jeroen Straathof
from the pursuit team was a world-class sprint/1500m speedskater before
going off on his second career. Speedskaters do a lot of cycling.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 21:35:33 +1200, Stewart Fleming wrote:
>
>>Where were you for the men's kilo results?

> On the couch, flabbergasted. Really great result from my fellow

Very very close racing. We are in the same state of mind here after
Hendi's 15km scratch race win.