Time Pedals Cleats

frankperko

Jan 20, 2012
does anyone know where i can find the Cleats for these Time Pedals ???

Attachments

• Time 2.jpg
    Time 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Time.jpg
    Time.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
I'd first contact Time so that you can find out which cleats will be compatible. Here's the contact info for Time in the US: 877-727-7661 952-830-7324 [email protected]

By my probably flawed recollection, TIME has only two different types of pedal bindings ...

• their RXS type
  • their MTB type.

Even though you have a Road pedal, the binding has the same appearance as TIME's MTB binding ...

... that's probably a good thing since the RXS cleats are surprisingly expensive!

• [COLOR= #808080]BTW. there is something wrong with your pics as you have them linked -- wrong suffix? too large? [/COLOR]
___​

Check with PERFORMANCE BICYCLING + any other mail order retailer that you can think of.

I think that REI, to name just one of many places, may still carry TIME MTB cleats.

Of course, either at the beginning or end of your search, check with your LBS.

they look similar to Time Atec pedals I have, and those cleats are a pretty easy search online.

Originally Posted by rawhite1969 .

they look similar to Time Atec pedals I have, and those cleats are a pretty easy search online.

Atac.

Can't tell for sure whether the front lug is held down by the second steel loop or the front of the pedal. Time introduced so many designs and so many of them needed different cleats.

I checked to see of this pedal is included in the Speedplay pedal museum, but it's not. The closest match I could find is the Time TWT Action of 1992. http://speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pedalmuseum.clipless

If anything, it gives you an idea how difficult it can be to find cleats for old Times.

oldbobcat said:
Time introduced so many designs and so many of them needed different cleats.
Yup. That's why I thought emailing Time--or maybe calling--would be a good first step, one that would ensure that the correct cleats were purchased the first time around.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Yup. That's why I thought emailing Time--or maybe calling--would be a good first step, one that would ensure that the correct cleats were purchased the first time around.
Figured as much, but I just had to snoop around.

I was still in toeclips when these pedals were current, so I wasn't paying attention. Me and Sean Kelly.