tips for touching up paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penny S.

I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
the Kona dealer...

at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle,
I'm clueless.

Penny

You bought touch-up paint from a dealer? And you're a woman. Peny, I'm surprised...... I use nail
polish (current choie is Oil of Olay coz that's what the kid had in a red she didn't want) and it
holds up fine. I just paint it on the scritch, rust or not, and it seems to hold up well.. No
further rust bubbles after one year on the last application. And the colour choice is impressive ;-)

Steve - now, where's my hair-dryer?

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
> the Kona dealer...
>
> at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
> clueless.
>
> Penny

Primer is for use on bare metal and maybe really bad oxidized paint. If the chips are real
small (i.e. <1/4") I won't worry about priming, perhaps just dab it another time after the
first coat dries.

I've used nail polish and model aircraft paint too. They work very well and are available in more
colors than one of your ski outfits <ducks>.

--
Slacker

Stephen Baker wrote:
> You bought touch-up paint from a dealer?

freebie from Kona dealer.

Me, nail polish? You should know better than that....

Penny

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
> the Kona dealer...
>
> at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
> clueless.
>
> Penny

Testor's comes in many colors

nail polish works great

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I
just
> > got the t-u paint from the Kona dealer...
> >
> > at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
> > clueless.
> >
> > Penny
>
>
> Testor's comes in many colors

moon wrote:
> nail polish works great
>

<sigh> I guess no one read that I HAVE the stupid exact match paint form the kona dealer and I was
looking for tips on how to do a nice job. Oh well usenet what do you expect?

penny

>
>
> "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint
>>> from the Kona dealer...
>>>
>>> at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
>>> clueless.
>>>
>>> Penny
>>
>>
>> Testor's comes in many colors

Nail polish,red for forks,black for forks and frame and ect.

Fire up MTB 03

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:29:44 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Be gentle, I'm clueless.

Hardly

Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.

Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

> Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.

Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though I
use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> >
> > Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.
>
> Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though
> I use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

Fungi!

Try "Hot Pink" or "Cotton Candy", it will match much better.
--
Slacker

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> >
> > Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.
>
> Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though
> I use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

Jon Bond will help you with that when you boys go out on the town this weekend.

Bill "key word 'out'" S.

Status
Not open for further replies.