tips for touching up paint?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
    the Kona dealer...

    at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle,
    I'm clueless.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. You bought touch-up paint from a dealer? And you're a woman. Peny, I'm surprised...... I use nail
    polish (current choie is Oil of Olay coz that's what the kid had in a red she didn't want) and it
    holds up fine. I just paint it on the scritch, rust or not, and it seems to hold up well.. No
    further rust bubbles after one year on the last application. And the colour choice is impressive ;-)

    Steve - now, where's my hair-dryer?

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
    > the Kona dealer...
    >
    > at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
    > clueless.
    >
    > Penny

    Primer is for use on bare metal and maybe really bad oxidized paint. If the chips are real
    small (i.e. <1/4") I won't worry about priming, perhaps just dab it another time after the
    first coat dries.

    I've used nail polish and model aircraft paint too. They work very well and are available in more
    colors than one of your ski outfits <ducks>.

    --
    Slacker

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > You bought touch-up paint from a dealer?

    freebie from Kona dealer.

    Me, nail polish? You should know better than that....

    Penny

  5. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint from
    > the Kona dealer...
    >
    > at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
    > clueless.
    >
    > Penny

    Testor's comes in many colors

  6. Moon

    Moon Guest

    nail polish works great

    "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I
    just
    > > got the t-u paint from the Kona dealer...
    > >
    > > at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
    > > clueless.
    > >
    > > Penny
    >

    > Testor's comes in many colors

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    moon wrote:
    > nail polish works great

    <sigh> I guess no one read that I HAVE the stupid exact match paint form the kona dealer and I was
    looking for tips on how to do a nice job. Oh well usenet what do you expect?

    penny

    > "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> I've got everything from miniscule chips to a few good scrapes, and I just got the t-u paint
    >>> from the Kona dealer...
    >>>
    >>> at what point do I need to prime or do anything additional besides just paint? Be gentle, I'm
    >>> clueless.
    >>>
    >>> Penny
    >>

    >> Testor's comes in many colors

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

  9. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Nail polish,red for forks,black for forks and frame and ect.

    Fire up MTB 03

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:29:44 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Be gentle, I'm clueless.

    Hardly

    Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.

    :-]

  11. John G

    John G Guest

    > Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.

    Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though I
    use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

  12. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.
    >
    > Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though
    > I use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

    Fungi!

    Try "Hot Pink" or "Cotton Candy", it will match much better.
    --
    Slacker

  13. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Nail polish works without primer and with 3 billion different colors it's easy to find a match.
    >
    > Then how come, no matter what, I can never get my toe nails to match my finger nails, even though
    > I use the same polish from the same bottle?!?! Huh? exlain THAT!!!!!

    Jon Bond will help you with that when you boys go out on the town this weekend.

    Bill "key word 'out'" S.