Totaled my beloved GT today

cucamelsmd15

Apr 6, 2005
Its the tale tale story. Doing 25mph, minding my own business, car pulls out right in front of me. I plowed into the space between the front wheel and the drivers side door. Basically nothing left of my bike, and even the sheriff that responded said I was lucky to be alive. I was wearing layers (it was about 45 degrees out this morning) which probably saved me from considerable road rash. Ive got a little on my legs, but thats about it.

I guess Ill be in touch with her insurance company within the next few days. I wish I had snapped a picture of it with my cell phone, but I definitely wasnt in the frame of mind at the moment. I dont even know where the remnants of the bike are. I imagine they were taken somewhere by the sheriff. That can be added to my list of things to do tomorrow too.

Ive been trying to figure out tonight about how much it was worth. I figure fair asking price would have been between 2500-3000, which is probably what Ill pursue from the insurance.

This is a bummer, looks like Ill be riding the backup bike for the charity ride this weekend.:(

cucamelsmd15 said:
This is a bummer, looks like Ill be riding the backup bike for the charity ride this weekend.:(
Sorry to hear about the bike -- I really hope the insurance will pay for it. Or at least the car driver..

It's good to see that it's not putting you off cycling though.

-- Sarah

That really sucks dude. It's of little comfort, but at least you've got a back-up rig. I've totalled a few bikes over the years, two involving cars and one self inflicted and I'm all too familiar with that sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize your bike is no more. Hope the insurance pays out.

MountainPro said:
you what?

i didnt know you had spent your life in So Cal before moving to Bolton...
Not to start an argument, but WTF does living in Bolton have to do with how I respond to a message? Freedom of speech is a human right.:rolleyes:

shannons dad said:
Not to start an argument, but WTF does living in Bolton have to do with how I respond to a message? Freedom of speech is a human right.:rolleyes:
last time i was in the Bolton area they didnt speak like that...dood.

have we all become so merkinised?

MountainPro said:
last time i was in the Bolton area they didnt speak like that...dood.

have we all become so merkinised?
You goddamned right honky. If I had my druthers, you'd all get your ducks in a row and be conversing in a high-five A-merican stylee.

Now, I gotta skidoo to hang ten with my kid bro, as he's gotta check some fresh loafers, so I'll catch y'all on da flipside.

Yeehaw.

(sorry) :D:D

p.s. Sorry to hear about the bike, Cucu!

wheelist said:
You goddamned right honky. If I had my druthers, you'd all get your ducks in a row and be conversing in a high-five A-merican stylee.

Now, I gotta skidoo to hang ten with my kid bro, as he's gotta check some fresh loafers, so I'll catch y'all on da flipside.

Yeehaw.

Hahaha, this made me laugh the hardest I have in quite a while. At least if nothing else, this is good for comic relief;)

It's like losing a child man, it's like losing a child.:( Im glad your not hurt.
cucamelsmd15 said:
Its the tale tale story. Doing 25mph, minding my own business, car pulls out right in front of me. I plowed into the space between the front wheel and the drivers side door. Basically nothing left of my bike, and even the sheriff that responded said I was lucky to be alive. I was wearing layers (it was about 45 degrees out this morning) which probably saved me from considerable road rash. Ive got a little on my legs, but thats about it.

I guess Ill be in touch with her insurance company within the next few days. I wish I had snapped a picture of it with my cell phone, but I definitely wasnt in the frame of mind at the moment. I dont even know where the remnants of the bike are. I imagine they were taken somewhere by the sheriff. That can be added to my list of things to do tomorrow too.

Ive been trying to figure out tonight about how much it was worth. I figure fair asking price would have been between 2500-3000, which is probably what Ill pursue from the insurance.

wheelist said:

Yeehaw.

Chill homie, da ****a might pop a cap in yo ass fo disrepectin da beatch!:D

wheelist said:

Yeehaw.

that is quite possibly the worst attempt at urban slang i've ever seen. :eek:

you mixed redneck, ghetto, cali, 70's, and who knows what else. :D

cheapie said:
that is quite possibly the worst attempt at urban slang i've ever seen. :eek:

you mixed redneck, ghetto, cali, 70's, and who knows what else. :D

I can just hear all our British readers trying to do American accents copied from Quentin Tarantino movies.

Tracey Ullman is the only Brit I've ever heard that could have fooled me.

DiabloScott said:
I can just hear all our British readers trying to do American accents copied from Quentin Tarantino movies.

Tracey Ullman is the only Brit I've ever heard that could have fooled me.
I can just imagine all the American readers doing cockney accents from Guy Ritchie films :rolleyes:

shannons dad said:
Chill homie, da ****a might pop a cap in yo ass fo disrepectin da beatch!:D
The French translation: Le homie froid, ****a de da pourrait sauter un chapeau dans le beatch de da de disrepectin de fo d'âne de yo !

Cuca, I'm glad you survived with no broken bones, that would have F'd up your charity ride worse than using the beater.

Lw

Thank God you are around to post a message. We had a cyclist killed here in Chesapeake a couple of weeks ago. The driver of the car was coming off the interstate and just ran over him. He never had a chance.

lucien2 said:
did the driver receive a ticket?
Yes, she recieved a citation for failure to stop at a stop sign, which even she admitted. The fight now is with the insurance, because they dont want to give me one red cent.:mad:

The nice part is we raised a good bit of money for the charity! :)

I did finally get to see the bike though. The front wheel is about 6 inches thick, and it snapped every spoke on it just about. The carbon fork snapped under the frame, and the headtube where the fork was at must have taken alot of impact, because it buckled the top tube and the downtube up front. Somehow, the rear seatstays and wheel got buckled as well. At least I was able to salvage my Fizik Airone saddle:D

Traffic Jammer said:
Glad you're ok....sorry about the bike. How was it you two collided?
She didnt stop at a stop sign, and pulled right out in front of me. I basically hit right behind her drivers side front wheel, and in front of the windshield, right about where the doorjam is for the drivers door.