Totaled my beloved GT today

cucamelsmd15 said:
She didnt stop at a stop sign, and pulled right out in front of me. I basically hit right behind her drivers side front wheel, and in front of the windshield, right about where the doorjam is for the drivers door.
Nasty...... let me guess she saw you at the last instant and did what all driver's do....stop in front of you. Could have been worse, she coulda T-boned you. Those are hard to avoid.

cucamelsmd15 said:
She didnt stop at a stop sign, and pulled right out in front of me. I basically hit right behind her drivers side front wheel, and in front of the windshield, right about where the doorjam is for the drivers door.
Nasty...... let me guess she saw you at the last instant and did what all driver's do....stop in front of you. Those are hard to avoid, man , good thing you ok. . Could have been worse, she coulda T-boned you.

Traffic Jammer said:
Nasty...... let me guess she saw you at the last instant and did what all driver's do....stop in front of you. Could have been worse, she coulda T-boned you. Those are hard to avoid.
Yeah, that was pretty much it. Stopped dead, and I really had no where to go, because I was so close.

cucamelsmd15 said:
I was wearing layers (it was about 45 degrees out this morning)
Man, I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. Wearing layers in 45 degree weather!!!! :eek: Then the other, better functioning half of my brain informed me that you are not talking celcius. I am in Oz, so there was a little understandable confusion. (I blame the brain bleed for that) We are yet to have our first 45*c day here. Cant wait :cool: :cool:

Sorry to hear about the bike. With the bad comes the good. You have a good story to tell, and hopefully a brand new bike. :D :D

Lesson. 45*F = 7.22*c
45*c = 113*f

cucamelsmd15 said:
Yes, she recieved a citation for failure to stop at a stop sign, which even she admitted. The fight now is with the insurance, because they dont want to give me one red cent.:mad:

The nice part is we raised a good bit of money for the charity! :)

I did finally get to see the bike though. The front wheel is about 6 inches thick, and it snapped every spoke on it just about. The carbon fork snapped under the frame, and the headtube where the fork was at must have taken alot of impact, because it buckled the top tube and the downtube up front. Somehow, the rear seatstays and wheel got buckled as well. At least I was able to salvage my Fizik Airone saddle:D
Think you should call the insurance company and tell them you are visiting your doctor due to problems received during the crash. I wonder how fast they will look to settle on your bike then?!