Tour De France Exact Route

mbroyles

Jun 28, 2004
I have seen alot of posts about the route for the Tour this year. I am going over for the last week in the Alps and had the same problem. I did however find an awesome sight that let me find the exact route. The sight is called www.viamichelin.com (like mapquest on speed. You can enter the start city and then (if you have the latest Cyclesport or Velo) find the col's and towns it list on the route. It really is more simple than it sounds. Good Luck

Hi. Seems a lot of people are struggling to find the exact towns and villages on the TDF route - I have trawlled through Google for hours with no joy!

This Michelin site looks promising - I tried putting in the start of the stage which I am heading to (Valreas) but not sure what I am supposed to click on next to get into the TDF bit - am I being stoooopid?!

Any help on this would be great i think this site represents the last chance saloon for me!

Thanks
Mark

Mark- The Michelin site does not have a TDF part to it. What I did was take each stage and the intermediate parts of the stage that are listed in either velonews.com (04 TDF section) or the Cycle sport TDF Guide. From the start of the stage town you can then look for the intermediate towns or mountains on the viamichelin map. By doing this I was able to find the exact roads of the stages that I will be at. Hope this helps.

Matt
Originally posted by markymark
Hi. Seems a lot of people are struggling to find the exact towns and villages on the TDF route - I have trawlled through Google for hours with no joy!

This Michelin site looks promising - I tried putting in the start of the stage which I am heading to (Valreas) but not sure what I am supposed to click on next to get into the TDF bit - am I being stoooopid?!

Any help on this would be great i think this site represents the last chance saloon for me!

Thanks
Mark

Here is a site that gives not only maps but timetables which include every village, town, road, and intersection.

2010 Tour de France Live Video, Route, Startlist, Preview, Results, Photos, TV

You can also download each days Tour into Google Earth, there is a link at the bottom of the page when you open the Stage/Day Preview link.

I will be around Bonne on Day 8 of the Morzine Avoriaz mountain stage, about 5 miles or 8.5km from our house.

I warn you they are fast. Last year I tried to catch them near here on my BMW motorcycle when they were about 30km away, I averaged 80kph, and missed them......even though the police and road wardens thought I was part of the race and waved me through all of the road blocks.....I missed a turn in Bonneville and never did catch up with them. Get to your spot early as they close the roads well in advance of the cyclists.

Good luck catching them!

James
Bons en Chablais, France