Tour of America

Michael Baldwin

Guest
...sounds VERY ambitious....but ya'gotta start somewhere right?

for more info goto tourofamerica.com

On Sep 26, 7:06 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> ..sounds VERY ambitious....but ya'gotta start somewhere right?
>
> for more info goto tourofamerica.com

Better info available here:
http://velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13387.0.html

Wash DC to the Burgh (244 miles) on Day 2.
I'll bet that Burt Friggin' Hoovis is psyched.
Hope that they pave that **** rail trail (YRT) and make it 12 feet
wide.

-bdbafh

In article <[email protected]>,
bdbafh <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 7:06 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> > ..sounds VERY ambitious....but ya'gotta start somewhere right?
> >
> > for more info goto tourofamerica.com

> Better info available here:
> http://velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13387.0.html
>
> Wash DC to the Burgh (244 miles) on Day 2.
> I'll bet that Burt Friggin' Hoovis is psyched.
> Hope that they pave that **** rail trail (YRT) and make it 12 feet
> wide.

I don't get it. It's clearly a joke, but what's the punchline?

27-day GT? What, because RAAM isn't stupid enough for some people?

$11M purse? I will cover $200 of action on the proposition that this
event either doesn't run in 2008, or the purse is less than half this
$11M estimate.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> $11M purse? I will cover $200 of action on the proposition that this
> event either doesn't run in 2008, or the purse is less than half this
> $11M estimate.

You putting up funny money or real hard American dollars? (har har).

I do think this Tour is a fantastic initiative! Both great and
fantasy-based...

--
E. Dronkert

In article <[email protected]>,
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > $11M purse? I will cover $200 of action on the proposition that this
> > event either doesn't run in 2008, or the purse is less than half this
> > $11M estimate.

> You putting up funny money or real hard American dollars? (har har).

American dollars accepted at par!

> I do think this Tour is a fantastic initiative! Both great and
> fantasy-based...

Perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh.

To be clear, I would love to see a well-contested Tour of America event.
longer than the current GTs? Bring it on! It would suit a country of
America's broad-shouldered geography.

But they're promising a purse that rivals the TdFs, and the longest
stage race since Desgrange retired. That's pretty fantastic from a
standing start.