Touring Nth California

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by lidzau, Mar 29, 2003.

1. lidzau

lidzau New Member

I will be touring from Brookings in Oregon to San Francisco in the first 2 weeks of September this year. Any tips from locals would be appreciated.

Tags:

2. matt_w

matt_w New Member

Well, you are heading in the right direction...wind usually blows towards south along coast.

If you get as far as Santa Cruz I can show you around. Probably be able to offer a couch for a night, or camp in the back yard at least (and a hot shower).

Enjoy!

Matt

3. lidzau

lidzau New Member

Thanks Matt Unfortunately will not get to Santa Cruz this time round Regards Ian

4. dentext

dentext New Member

How did the ride go? Photos? A simular ride has been on my IWANNA for while.

5. lidzau

lidzau New Member

It was terrific! The weather was especially kind. You would have to be an experienced cyclist to take this section though. Route 1 in particular is very steep in parts and often has little or no shoulder. This makes coping with the traffic a real challenge. It is worth it though as the views are spectacular. A lot of the photos we took were of the people we met as that is what makes this sort of trip. However, if you want to see some I would be happy to oblige if you were to email me at [email protected]