Touring Nth California

lidzau

Mar 29, 2003
I will be touring from Brookings in Oregon to San Francisco in the first 2 weeks of September this year. Any tips from locals would be appreciated.

Originally posted by lidzau
I will be touring from Brookings in Oregon to San Francisco in the first 2 weeks of September this year. Any tips from locals would be appreciated.

Well, you are heading in the right direction...wind usually blows towards south along coast.

If you get as far as Santa Cruz I can show you around. Probably be able to offer a couch for a night, or camp in the back yard at least (and a hot shower).

Enjoy!

Matt

Originally posted by lidzau
I will be touring from Brookings in Oregon to San Francisco in the first 2 weeks of September his year. Any tips from locals would be appreciated.

Thanks Matt Unfortunately will not get to Santa Cruz this time round Regards Ian

How did the ride go? Photos? A simular ride has been on my IWANNA for while.

It was terrific! The weather was especially kind. You would have to be an experienced cyclist to take this section though. Route 1 in particular is very steep in parts and often has little or no shoulder. This makes coping with the traffic a real challenge. It is worth it though as the views are spectacular. A lot of the photos we took were of the people we met as that is what makes this sort of trip. However, if you want to see some I would be happy to oblige if you were to email me at [email protected]