Training camps in Arizona?

terry potter

Sep 14, 2005
Can anyone recommend cycling training camps in Arizona for a reasonable cost.
I have looked at Chris Carmichaels which look good but you are looking a $3000 plus for 7 days.... there must be other options. Thanks Terry

terry potter said:
I have looked at Chris Carmichaels which look good but you are looking a $3000 plus for 7 days.... there must be other options. Thanks Terry
Depends upon what you call reasonable.

http://www.thecyclinghouse.com/

I have not been to this camp. I priced this out last year versus doing my own thing (since I know my way around in Tucson) and it's slightly more expensive to go to the camp even by the time you pay for food, transporation needs, etc. Though there's something to be said for letting someone take care of you and your needs during a hard week.

I went to Majorca this year and even with the crappy value of the US dollar, it still made sense because food and transport were taken care of in the package. Plus I didn't have the SOBs at the US-based airlines trying to reem me $$$-wise for flying with a bike.

Tucson is good but bring thick tires as there's a lot of glass and debris in the road. Specialized Armadillos or the Conti equivalent are good.

terry potter said:
A number of club riders here love the Arizona Desert Camp put on by Lon Haldeman and the Pactour guys for 7 weeks each spring in Tucson. Check out details @ pactour.com

Agree $3000 is way too expensive, but I suppose CC has to charge to show you all his copyrighted special workouts:)