General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Training Week Ending July 1, 2007

Started by Phil M. · · Last activity · 58 posts · 753 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 July 2007
Last activity
5 July 2007
Original author
Phil M.
Posts
58
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
753
Views / 30 days
11

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 58
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Day Distance Pace Time Temp
    Mon: 3.5 miles 14:06 49:26 mid 70s
    Wed: 2.0 miles 14:39 29:18 low 90s
    Fri 3.5 miles 14:30 50:50 low 80s

    I had to cut Wednesday's run short because of the heat; I was spent at 2
    miles.

    What I liked best about Friday's run was that my splits were so even:
    14:27, 14:36, 14:26, 14:33 (The fourth split was a half mile, of course.)

    This coming week, I'll do 3.5 miles Monday and Friday, and run in a 5K
    race on Wednesday (July 4th).

    The following two weeks, I'll increase the distance to 3.75 miles. Then
    I'll do 4 miles for a week. The week after that, I'll start the Higdon
    Beginners Half Marathon training plan.

    There will be slight adjustments in those plans in order to race 5Ks on
    July 21st and August 11th.

    I still plan to race the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco on
    October 21st and the Ryka Iron Girl 10 mile in Tempe, AZ on Dec 2nd.

    --
    Crossing the starting line is 90%.
    Crossing the finish line is the other 90%.

  3. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    25 June

    - Weights: Upper body, 25-10RM

    26 June

    - Run: easy 3.6k

    27 June

    - Weights: Upper body 6-10RM, hard

    28 June

    - Run: easy 3k + 4x200 hill reps.

    29 June

    - Yoga, 30min
    - Massage

    30 June

    - Took a look at the race course, walked 2 km of it. Rough terrain.
    - Very light stuff at the gym.
    - Early to bed.

    1 July

    - Race: Zirbitz berglauf. ( http://www.zirbitz-berglauf.at/ )
    10km, 1106m. Time: 1:43.
    (See race post for details)

    --
    Christos Dimitrakakis
    Homepage: http://www.idiap.ch/~dimitrak/main.html
    Music: http://olethros.dmusic.com

  4. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    June 29 chemo cycle 4 , 3 mile run and a 3.5- 4mile walk afterwards
    June 30 3.5 mile run, 3 mile walk afterwards. Nausea during the
    walk.

    Chemo port has healed enough to start running though still have
    deferred pain.
    Leukocytes down to 2700 and low values on hemoglobin and hemocrit.
    Weightloss at 8lbs.
    In good shape otherwise. :-)

    Goals: July 1: 3 or 4 miles
    I hope to get 2-3 more runs in for the week.

    Erika

  5. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    day miles
    25 0
    26 5.5
    27 6
    28 6.5
    29 8.5
    30 5.7
    1 5

    total 37.2
    YTD total 838.1

    mid year report card on goals:

    Goal was to have 825 miles by 6/30...got 833.1...full year goal is
    1750 (I discount 15th Dec to 15th march and cut back mileage, so
    second half will have more miles).

    Goal was to break 22:30 on 5K...Got PR 22:09 early june, new goal is
    21:40 by year end.

    Goal was to do speed intervals each week at least six weeks before any
    races. Done.

    Goal was to break 46:00 on a 10K....best this year so far was a PR
    46:31, but several left to run...goal within reach.

    Goal was to finish in the top three 60-64 AG in all races. Only raced
    three times, got a second and a first. Would have gotten at least GM
    in Sandy Shoes 5K but race was screwed up, no awards given.

    Goal was to race the spring races at 165 lbs. or less...done....goal
    is to race the fall races at no more than 162.... a few pounds to go.

    I ran on all but 29 days in the first half, with five of those 29
    being significant cross training (skiing and kayaking). So an average
    of one day completely off per week.

    Fairly good first half.

    Frank

  6. "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Sunday: 11 "easy" on the Escarpment trail
    Mon off
    Tues: 20 minutes - elliptical machine, 10 miles bike
    Wed: 0ff
    Thur: 3
    Fri: 7
    Sat: 8

    Total: 29
    This would have been week 5 of Hansen SOS Marathon program but I was far too
    beat up to do any kind of pace work.
    That and some type of bug went through the house this week, I think I got a
    bit of it. I was exhausted all week.

    Goals, Races:
    Nothing in stone.

    3.5 mile trail race in July
    Bridge of flowers 10k in August?
    some 5ks in the Summer are possible

    Maybe a road Marathon in the Fall if I feel I'm ready to run a PR. (doubtful
    at this point)

  7. Quoted message said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and
    goals.

    Day Mi Type HR% climb Other
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mon 0.00 rest --- --- weights
    Tue 9.20 ga 81% 1,178 weights
    Wed 12.42 ml 79% 1,538 ---
    Thu 4.48 rec n/a 154 weights
    Fri 10.06 ml 79% 1,336 ---
    Sat 4.33 rec 75% 384 weights
    Sun 18.02 l 80% 2,420 ---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 58.51
    Year 1,129.36

    Training:
    Week 4 of 18-week marathon prep. Seems like I'm complaining every week,
    but Sunday's long run was brutal. Not that hot, only 80F, but humidity
    near 80% that just wouldn't burn off. It was one of the slowest runs
    I've done. Not much faster than the 50-miler I did last year. The only
    fast section was going by the State Prison. Somehow seeing all those
    lookout towers, razor wire, and "guard line" signs was motivating me.
    This particular prison is equipped to confine and treat the most
    severely mentally ill male prisoners (known as "Level IV"😉 in the State
    of Georgia. I always try to add something fun in my weekly report. ;-)

    Going to Florida next week. Planned 20-miler in St. Augustine. Ugh! At
    least it will be flat.

    Have a great week rec.runners!

    --
    Phil M.

  8. Parker Race said:


    "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.


    Another Escarper?

    Quoted message said:


    Goals, Races:
    Nothing in stone.

    3.5 mile trail race in July

    Mmm, nice, short and fast? With some clever rearranging of your schedule
    you might be able to incorporate those as training runs.

    Quoted message said:

    Bridge of flowers 10k in August?
    some 5ks in the Summer are possible

    --
    Christos Dimitrakakis
    Homepage: http://www.idiap.ch/~dimitrak/main.html
    Music: http://olethros.dmusic.com

  9. Frank Boettcher said:
    Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Goal was to have 825 miles by 6/30...got 833.1...full year goal is
    1750 (I discount 15th Dec to 15th march and cut back mileage, so
    second half will have more miles).


    <snip all accomplishments>

    Quoted message said:

    Fairly good first half.

    Fairly good? Frankly, it doesn't seem like it could be any better. You
    scored all your goals, save one, which you're close to anyhow.
    --
    Christos Dimitrakakis
    Homepage: http://www.idiap.ch/~dimitrak/main.html
    Music: http://olethros.dmusic.com

  10. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    goals: deal. upcoming races: 5K July 4; maybe a 5K in August and
    September; marathon Oct 7.

    M: AM 7mi (9:20), PM: 5mi (9:07)
    T: AM 6.1mi incl 8x.25mi on the road, avg 87s PM 3.4mi (10:09) at xc
    practice w/the girls, v slow
    W: 11mi (9:14) a bit too long for a recovery-pace run, but the only
    way I could fit the miles in
    R: AM 9mi (8:30), PM 4mi (9:14)
    F: AM 5mi (8:55), PM 6mi (8:24) hotel treadmill
    Sa: 4.5mi (8:53) hotel treadmill
    Su: 10mi (8:06), supposed to be a 16-miler, faded due to heat,
    fatigue, soreness. Will try it again later this week.

    total: 71 miles

    This was a bit of an unintentional cutback. I went to a massage
    therapy convention Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and it just wore me
    out, especially Saturday's last session, which I spent alternately
    flinging a big guy's limbs about or having mine flung about by the big
    guy. This morning's run started off in 81-degree heat/76%RH (sorry,
    Teresa) and 7:36 pace, but I soon faded to 7:45s, then 8s, 8:15s,
    8:30s...When I hit 8:40 I decided to pack it in and try some other
    day.

    Anyways, good week all

    Karen

    live! vicariously!

  11. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    6-26 5.14 miles @ 10:10 m/m

    6-27 5.14 miles @ 9:38 m/m

    Biked 11 miles in 1:20 - slow, but it was my first ride in a while

    7-1 6.2 miles @ 9:06 - 10K race. documented in other thread.

  12. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    [censored], I always forget my goals.

    Half marathon on Dec 16 - finishing is my only goal.

  13. "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
    | Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Easy week as,
    mon: 7.6 mi run
    tue: rest
    wed: 9.8 mi run
    thu: 7.7 mi run and 2 mi walk
    fri: 5 mi walk
    sat: 15.1 mi run
    sun: 5 mi walk

    total: 40.2 mi run and 12 mi walk

  14. "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
    | [email hidden] wrote:
    | Week 58.51
    Do you have any specific number for the peak mileage?
    If you do, will it be more or less than your Georgia M?
    (I know you are trying for BQ)

    | Week 4 of 18-week marathon prep. Seems like I'm complaining every week,
    | but Sunday's long run was brutal. Not that hot, only 80F, but humidity
    | near 80% that just wouldn't burn off.

    I had a couple of runs like that early in the week, wasn't much fun.
    My weekend 15.1 miler in cooler conditions was much faster (1+ min/mi)
    than the shorter 7.7 or 9.8. It is like fall today, not for you there, I am sure.

    | fast section was going by the State Prison.
    I would be too! 🙂

  15. Goals: Recover from 14 mile Double Dipsea race, then get ready for Bulldog
    50k (5600' of climb, temps often in the low 100's).

    Mon: 6.5 very easy, walk steep uphills, calves a bit sore on downhills.
    Tue: 12 2400' climb to 4700', very easy, up in 1:18 (1:04-1:06 is typical).
    Wed: 8 very easy, walk steep hill or two.
    Thu: 12 (see Tue), up in 1:10 at same effort as Tuesday, down in :43.
    Fri: 0 Slight sore throat in am, decided to take day off...
    Sat: 18.4 easy in Santa Monicas, 2000' climb in 3:01 (typical is 2:40-2:45).
    Sun: 10 6000' climb to Mt. Baldy el. 10064', easy 125max HR.

    67 miles, 12,800' of ascent.

    Still no speed, but I've been around enough to know that I'll come back
    stronger than I was after another week or so.

  16. "Phil M." wrote:

    What happened to the Atlanta 10K that was once on your schedule?

    PD

  17. I2Run said:

    "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    | fast section was going by the State Prison.
    I would be too! 🙂

    As long as you guys aren't wearing bright orange technical tees.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  18. Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    M-F: 0
    S: 4.5 miles @8:00
    S: 5 miles hike

    Not much running.

    jobs

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  19. Build base for the next 2 months.
    Hot weather this past week.
    Max of 35-37C (95-99F) most days....

    Mon: 9k easy grass. 30' bike
    Tue: 14.5k training session with group
    including stairs, 1000m, 600m, 400m, 200m.
    20' bike
    Wed: off
    Thu: 9.5k easy grass. 30' bike
    Fri: 16k easy grass. 30' bike
    Sat: off
    Sun: 7k easy grass. 30' bike

    Total: 56km (35 miles).

    Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

  20. Techguy said:
    Phil M. said:

    Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    [censored], I always forget my goals.

    Half marathon on Dec 16 - finishing is my only goal.

    Based on your recent training, you seem to be in a much more advanced
    stage than me. And yet, I finished this hill race which was
    equivalent to a HM in terms of the time of the leads. (A bit less then
    one hour). So, I'd say you definitely could finish an HM comfortably
    even now. You'll definitely do better than 1:45 right now, I think.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.