triathlon wetsuit advice needed

didds

Guest
I'm getting desperate.

I am up for my first ever triathlon in september and some open water
swimming coaching in July, and cannot find a triathlon wetsuit. I
need help/advice.

I live in the back end of nowhere in the UK - there are no "wetsuit
shops" just 2down the road" to go and vsisit - I wouold be looking at
a round trip of aboput 10 miles to visit the nearest one at least.

The rub is that I am 5'7" tall (173 cm or so), 16 stones in weight
(224 Lbs/103 Kg), with a chest size of 48 inches (122 cm), waist of
34" (86 cm) and inside leg of 27" (68.5 cm). It seems that suits "on
the web" do not fit my body shape - the all important measurement I am
told is chest size... but typically this leaves me with a suit that
would be 8 inches too long. I would consider just chopping off the
bottom 8" (!) but the other concern is the crutch - it is likely to be
too low.

Aside from me miraculously losing another 3 stones in a few weeks, has
anyone any pointers to stocists/makes that would would suit be best?

I guess shorities might be a better bet than a full suit but even they
are provinfg difficult to find in the right size..

cheers

ian

WTF you said the shop is 10 miles away, ride there????????
Anyway September should still be warm in the UK will you even need a
wetsuit?
You dont get one just to swim in the ocean; if the water is 23-24
degree celc. you will cook in a wety.

On 10 Jun, 07:57, [email protected] wrote:
> WTF you said the shop is 10 miles away, ride there????????

That one (perfectly cyclasble as you say) is shut I learned last
night. 40 mile round trip then.

Dont fancy carrying it back on me bike though ;-) Its more the time
convencience than the distance (Bath is a bloody nightmare to get in
and out of)

> Anyway September should still be warm in the UK will you even need a
> wetsuit?

I actually agree with you - but one is mandatory for the open water
trainig and "advsable" for the tri. Having swum in that lake in
August before I can vouch for the fact it IS as cold as a witch's ***!

didds

well i wouldnt buy one without trying it on. (too much money to
waste) even the one i got i tried on and it was a little on the tight
side, as i am never getting smaller only bigger.
some i see have low cuts around neck, that would stop rubbing blue
seventy it think do them.
or you can risk one on ebay and if it wrong resell it and you would
loose too much money.

Afraid I am no help. I bought mine off the web and got lucky: it fit
perfectly but I am 5'10", 165#, chest 41, waist 32, hips 38. and it
slides on/off really nicely. Don't remember the brand of it. When you
get it, do get the special hanger they suggest for it. Anything less is
tough on the shoulders. We should all be so lucky to be built as you
are!

Kevin