Trouble fitting backnut into front fork?

pete88

Feb 27, 2007
I have a set of 2007 zero gravity brakes and a 2007 easton ec90 slx fork. The backnut that came with the brakes doesn't fit into the fork. I'm nut sure if the nut wasn't machined to the right size or if the fork wasn't made right. Did anyone ever run into this problem? I'm hoping they could just machine me a new nut, seems like that would be the easiest fix! Here's a link to the tech guide, you'll see the exact nut I'm talking about. Thanks for the help!

http://www.zerogravitybike.com/gui/flash_movies/brake_spec.html

Try the backnut on its own, if it wont fit, you may have to clean the hole.

I am currently preparing a CF frameset and find every attachment point has to be cleaned up. :rolleyes:

I tried fitting it on its own. Cleaned it, It just won't fit. The nuts to big or the hole in the fork is to small. Thats the conclusion I came to so far. I tried contcting Easton and the brake manufacturer. I'll see what they have to say. Thanks for your time and help.

gclark8 said:
Try the backnut on its own, if it wont fit, you may have to clean the hole.

I am currently preparing a CF frameset and find every attachment point has to be cleaned up. :rolleyes:

Did the fork come with it's own nut? What nut did you use before the ZG brakes?

My Reynolds forks came wif their own nut, and the ZG flavor didn't fit in the Reynolds hole anyway.

The easton fork didn't come with its own nut. This is a new setup, Fork and Brakes are brand new. Is there anywhere I can get some different size nuts? I thought these nut sizes were universal!
alienator said:
Did the fork come with it's own nut? What nut did you use before the ZG brakes?

My Reynolds forks came wif their own nut, and the ZG flavor didn't fit in the Reynolds hole anyway.

pete88 said:
The easton fork didn't come with its own nut. This is a new setup, Fork and Brakes are brand new. Is there anywhere I can get some different size nuts? I thought these nut sizes were universal!
Have you tried a bike shop?

A good one will have someone there who has made a career of selling, assembling and repairing bikes.

And they usually have parts too... ;)

I called ZG, They were very helpful. They said they would machine me up a new one. But I may just take dgregory's advice and try a bike shop first. Thanks for the help!!!
alienator said:
Call ZG: they'll get you waht you need quickly.