Trouble fitting backnut into front fork?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by pete88, Mar 6, 2007.

1. pete88

pete88 New Member

I have a set of 2007 zero gravity brakes and a 2007 easton ec90 slx fork. The backnut that came with the brakes doesn't fit into the fork. I'm nut sure if the nut wasn't machined to the right size or if the fork wasn't made right. Did anyone ever run into this problem? I'm hoping they could just machine me a new nut, seems like that would be the easiest fix! Here's a link to the tech guide, you'll see the exact nut I'm talking about. Thanks for the help!

http://www.zerogravitybike.com/gui/flash_movies/brake_spec.html

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Try the backnut on its own, if it wont fit, you may have to clean the hole.

I am currently preparing a CF frameset and find every attachment point has to be cleaned up. :rolleyes:

3. pete88

pete88 New Member

I tried fitting it on its own. Cleaned it, It just won't fit. The nuts to big or the hole in the fork is to small. Thats the conclusion I came to so far. I tried contcting Easton and the brake manufacturer. I'll see what they have to say. Thanks for your time and help.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Did the fork come with it's own nut? What nut did you use before the ZG brakes?

My Reynolds forks came wif their own nut, and the ZG flavor didn't fit in the Reynolds hole anyway.

5. pete88

pete88 New Member

The easton fork didn't come with its own nut. This is a new setup, Fork and Brakes are brand new. Is there anywhere I can get some different size nuts? I thought these nut sizes were universal!

6. dgregory57

dgregory57 New Member

Have you tried a bike shop?

A good one will have someone there who has made a career of selling, assembling and repairing bikes.

And they usually have parts too... ;)

7. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Call ZG: they'll get you waht you need quickly.

8. pete88

pete88 New Member

I called ZG, They were very helpful. They said they would machine me up a new one. But I may just take dgregory's advice and try a bike shop first. Thanks for the help!!!