TruVativ Rouleur Carbon Aerobar

Mylesofsmyles

Jul 21, 2007
Hello, I am a noob here and am in search of some help. I have been building a road bike for the past few months and am bringing the project to a conclusion; I only need a few more components. In past builds, I have opted for TruVativ carbon handlebars; be it road or mountain, I have grown to love SRAM Corporation's carbon fiber.

I recently learned that TruVativ had a carbon Rouleur Aerobar in their product catalogue for 2006; it has since been discontinued. A simple Google search will expose several online stores that appear to still have some however, upon completion of the online checkout, I have been informed that the bars are out of stock and no longer available.

I know it seems like a silly thing to fuss over however, I can be quite stubborn and pickey when it comes to selecting components for my bicycle builds. I am a regular member of several other cycling forums and have posted similar threads there as well. I am asking if there are any other cyclists with such a handlebar; I require a 42cm. I know there are pleanty of cycling guru's that collect new parts and never do anything with them. Does anyone have a new TruVativ Rouleur Carbon Aerobar in a 42cm that they are willing to part with? I am prepared to pay cash or simply trade for a new handlebar of your choice. Even a lightly used bar; I am at the point where I will do most anything to get a final set of these handlebars.

May I ask why you are such a fan of Truvativ's carbon fibre? Their finish is certainly not up to the standard of their close rivals.

bobbyOCR said:
May I ask why you are such a fan of Truvativ's carbon fibre? Their finish is certainly not up to the standard of their close rivals.
They are light, stiff and strong. I have had them on many mountain bikes and love them. The durability and price can not be beat.

Mylesofsmyles said:
They are light, stiff and strong. I have had them on many mountain bikes and love them. The durability and price can not be beat.
fair enough. Good for you.

bobbyOCR said:
fair enough. Good for you.
I just find it absolutly amazing that nobody seems to have one. I have never seen this bar before nor have I heard of anyone actually owning one. Does anyone have one?

Mylesofsmyles said:
I just find it absolutly amazing that nobody seems to have one. I have never seen this bar before nor have I heard of anyone actually owning one. Does anyone have one?
I seriously doubt it. Your ention was the first I have ever heard of it. I would imagine Truvativ wouldn't attempt to crack the carbon aerobar market, SRAM have enough on their plate at the moment with RED's release.