Trying to identify '80s Peugeot frame

Eastway82

Apr 12, 2006
Can anyone help? I'm trying to identify a 1980s Peugeot frame which I've had lying around, prior to sticking it no Ebay.
It's 531 Professional tubing (frame and forks), sloping fork crown, recessed (allen key) brake bolts. Simplex dropouts. Chrome forks and rear dropouts. Braze-on top tube cable guides and gear lever bosses. Two sets of bottle cage mounts. Colour dark grey metallic. Has 'Perthus' sticker on top tube, also gold transfer "Brasé à la main - hand brazed" on top tube. was fitted with Mavic gears, BB and chainset, Weinmann Carrera brakes, Stronglight headset (BB and headset are French thread I think). Frame number is B706 33477.
I know it's later than the PX-10 era, but it's clearly a quality frame. Any ideas/dates?

Eastway82 said:
Can anyone help? I'm trying to identify a 1980s Peugeot frame which I've had lying around, prior to sticking it no Ebay.
It's 531 Professional tubing (frame and forks), sloping fork crown, recessed (allen key) brake bolts. Simplex dropouts. Chrome forks and rear dropouts. Braze-on top tube cable guides and gear lever bosses. Two sets of bottle cage mounts. Colour dark grey metallic. Has 'Perthus' sticker on top tube, also gold transfer "Brasé à la main - hand brazed" on top tube. was fitted with Mavic gears, BB and chainset, Weinmann Carrera brakes, Stronglight headset (BB and headset are French thread I think). Frame number is B706 33477.
I know it's later than the PX-10 era, but it's clearly a quality frame. Any ideas/dates?

Check out the following discussion. The serial no. is a bit similar to yours. Maybe it could help.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-35060.html

Thansk for that - I had seen that thread, and it gave me a few pointers, but was obviously about a frame a bit further down the pecking order than mine. I've looked everywhere I can think of on the web for dating info and followed various links from similar threads on here, but haven't found anything quite like my frame.

I've found it on the site with all the Dutch catalogues! Pretty certain it's a PY10/P from 1987 or maybe 1988.
Wonder how much it's worth...